• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://www.************.com/articles/102917-grant-cohn-think-trading-kirk-cousins-would-mistake/

I agree.

It is very hard for we fans to remain patient, but if there is no QB worth #2, signing Cousins is "forcing" it too. That is just too much draft capital to give up.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeap...we have too many holes to fill at present. We can't fix the whole thing with one trade or pick so we'll have to be patient in the next few years.

Cousins would probably want $18 mil or more per year. Niners need to be patient. It's a rebuilding process and that takes time. Maybe get a QB next year, but improve LBs and possibly get a WR this year or vice versa. Improve pass rush and that will be the case if Niners land Garrett or Allen.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, need a legitimate #1 WR and a QB obviously
We could get Cousins with a trade with the Redskins for our second round pick this year and 2nd next year. They can get the same thing we got for Alex Smith. Our we wait until 2018 and sign him outright.

Then we can take Williams with our 1st round pick

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get impression Mike Williams doesn't have enough explosiveness? In the game against Alabama, he didn't seem to be open? He was clearly good at 'contesting' for the ball, but wasn't open?

We'll see how it goes in the combine.
I know what you mean, he plays just like the WR from the Texans Hopkins

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The more I think about the more I want to trade back unless Garrett is there. If we get cousins I would go after Mike Williams and hopefully by trading back we pick up another 2nd rd pick. That way we can move back in the 1st or have 2 high 2nd rd picks to fill other holes like OLB,Dline, MLB and CB.

I also would like to draft a RB in 3rd or 4th rd. We need better option behind Hyde. I want to have a combo RB system like Atlanta.
Joe Mixon would be a great West Coast offense running back based on the fact that he has caught a lot of passes in college and he could be our Coleman(ATL) since he can do it all. I would draft him in 3rd or 4th for sure. He is talented and that's what we need and he made a mistake that he will pay for, but I rather play with him than play against him

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....just tell NE to hold on a minute and wait till we keep trading back, collecting multiple firsts and seconds and whatnot.....maybe I'll be convinced to give them something at the bottom over those rounds, while still picking somewhere mid-first.

Some team will probably do it however....just better not be SF.

Just a side note, but is Ricky Roma a nod to Al Pacino's character in Glengarry Glen Ross? One of my favorite movies of all time.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a side note, but is Ricky Roma a nod to Al Pacino's character in Glengarry Glen Ross? One of my favorite movies of all time.

Yes....many years ago on many boards previous I was Tony Montana, whom Oliver Stone named after Joe Montana for Scarface....which of course is fitting. The name was taken on a subsequent board, I became RR there and just kept it going forward.

Pacino is the man.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes....many years ago on many boards previous I was Tony Montana, whom Oliver Stone named after Joe Montana for Scarface....which of course is fitting. The name was taken on a subsequent board, I became RR there and just kept it going forward.

Pacino is the man.
Scarface is one of my favorites.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scarface is one of my favorites.

I heard they're remaking it...don't know if they're taking it in another direction or not. I remember the critics absolutely loathed the Pacino version with the violence and all, but it's an absolute cult classic now.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard they're remaking it...don't know if they're taking it in another direction or not. I remember the critics absolutely loathed the Pacino version with the violence and all, but it's an absolute cult classic now.

I think there were a couple of attempts. The latest I read sometime ago it was going to be based on the Mexican Mafia. I've read quite a bit of interesting history on the movie. They originally wanted to give the movie an X rating because of the excessive violence and language. Today it doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they don't. No need to.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pacino is the man.
One of my favorite actors...who should periodically think about firing his agent. For every role he does that kicks ass (Godfather, Glengarry Glen Ross, Heat, Scarface, etc.) He seems to not only do bad movies, but REALLY bad movies (Simone, Jack and Jill, Gigli, Revolution).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://www.************.com/article...s-running-back-quarterback-reuter-mock-draft/

Garrett in round 1 and Kaaya in round 3 makes perfect sense. But instead of Mcafferry in round 2, there must be a LB with value? Nothing against Christian, but our LB corps is BAD.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.************.com/article...s-running-back-quarterback-reuter-mock-draft/

Garrett in round 1 and Kaaya in round 3 makes perfect sense. But instead of Mcafferry in round 2, there must be a LB with value? Nothing against Christian, but our LB corps is BAD.

Honestly I would be ok with it, having another RB would be nice because Hyde won't play the entire season and they need someone better behind him. Also remember they can't fix it all in this draft so if these are the best guys available still at positions of need and they will have filled one LB spot in Garrett then take those guys. They have multiple picks in the 4th and 5th rounds.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I would be ok with it, having another RB would be nice because Hyde won't play the entire season and they need someone better behind him. Also remember they can't fix it all in this draft so if these are the best guys available still at positions of need and they will have filled one LB spot in Garrett then take those guys. They have multiple picks in the 4th and 5th rounds.

I agree...McCaffery would be an instant upgrade for returns, and I think he's got a chance to be a serviceable RB in the NFL. We are super strapped at LB though. It's gonna be a few seasons until we're on the upswing...but I think we all know that.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...McCaffery would be an instant upgrade for returns, and I think he's got a chance to be a serviceable RB in the NFL. We are super strapped at LB though. It's gonna be a few seasons until we're on the upswing...but I think we all know that.

We do need help at LB, but Niners can't fix it all their deficiencies in one draft. If you look at the Patriots and the Falcons, they have at least two good backs. Hyde is good, but he's been unable to stay healthy. You can use McCaffrey on 3rd downs or on passing downs. It should help lengthen Hyde's career.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We're talking about the HIGH 2nd round, this isn't where you take a second RB, return man, or whatever swiss knife. This is where you target a solid, every down starter.