• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think I would take it...Allen is worthy of the 2nd pick...Trubisky isn't worth the 2nd or the 3rd IMO. The addition of Allen would make our DL filthy. I'd be willing to bet that QB's fall into the 2nd and 3rd rounds...there's no clear cut "pro ready" guy and I think that people will be a little gun shy to reach after last years "reachy" draft.

No doubt.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Swapping the 2nd for the 3rd overall and gaining a second round pick? I think I'd take that.

Clearly, it'll depend on how our new 'FO' view the QB's? IF they REALLY like one of them, stand pat and draft him.

Granted, at this point it doesn't look like any of them is worth #2? The draft mock world isn't hyping ANY of the QB's, not even a little? So should this turn out to be the case come April, easy decision to make the trade.
So while everyone else is avoiding a QB, we're thinking....hoping....Chicago will be the lone exception?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, it'll depend on how our new 'FO' view the QB's? IF they REALLY like one of them, stand pat and draft him.

Granted, at this point it doesn't look like any of them is worth #2? The draft mock world isn't hyping ANY of the QB's, not even a little? So should this turn out to be the case come April, easy decision to make the trade.
So while everyone else is avoiding a QB, we're thinking....hoping....Chicago will be the lone exception?

I guess I should clarify my statement in that I didn't really take into consideration the potential draft picks themselves, due to not knowing enough about those guys. I just considered the trade itself....but there is a long way till draft so who knows how any of the draftees will be viewed by then.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess I should clarify my statement in that I didn't really take into consideration the potential draft picks themselves, due to not knowing enough about those guys. I just considered the trade itself....but there is a long way till draft so who knows how any of the draftees will be viewed by then.

don't blame you for not mentioning potential QB's, no one is being hyped so that 'option' appears low.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe after today's game, Deshaun Watson can take step up and be projected #2?

Just read an article in the local newspaper, someone who knew him growing up vouches for a solid character guy. This someone was the 'team Mom' for his youth leagues, and confirms he was always a good leader. He isn't one of those me and more me, type personalities. Is this enough to get him to #2? Nope, but good to know as he climbs the board.

It would be good he has another great game against this "NFL D" from Tuscaloosa. It doesn't hurt to generate more interest in him.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Just read an article in the local newspaper, someone who knew him growing up vouches for a solid character guy. This someone was the 'team Mom' for his youth leagues, and confirms he was always a good leader. He isn't one of those me and more me, type personalities. Is this enough to get him to #2? Nope, but good to know as he climbs the board.

It would be good he has another great game against this "NFL D" from Tuscaloosa. It doesn't hurt to generate more interest in him.
I really like how he played against Alabama but 2nd round or 3rd we should be able to find a QB

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not pounding the table for Watson, but maybe he played well enough for others to jump? His was certainly helped by his O-line (considering the D-line), and his receivers did make some great catches.

i wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him. You have to give him credit for some intangibles - his ability to play well against top defenses, play well in BIG games (stage is not too large), AND play well to the very end. Unlike Kaep who starts to crumble at the second half kick-off, and is non-functional in 4th quarters.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not pounding the table for Watson, but maybe he played well enough for others to jump? His was certainly helped by his O-line (considering the D-line), and his receivers did make some great catches.

i wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him. You have to give him credit for some intangibles - his ability to play well against top defenses, play well in BIG games (stage is not too large), AND play well to the very end. Unlike Kaep who starts to crumble at the second half kick-off, and is non-functional in 4th quarters.

I think a lot of the 2nd half debacle lied on the coaches. Defenses adjusted, we stayed the same...this never works in the NFL it's a fluid, reactionary game...sink or swim.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of the 2nd half debacle lied on the coaches. Defenses adjusted, we stayed the same...this never works in the NFL it's a fluid, reactionary game...sink or swim.

I think both might be true. There were times that there might not have been coaching adjustments. But there were also times when Kap just missed open receivers and was inaccurate, and killed drives on poor 3rd down plays

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both might be true. There were times that there might not have been coaching adjustments. But there were also times when Kap just missed open receivers and was inaccurate, and killed drives on poor 3rd down plays

Agreed...I think the onus lies on both for sure, but despite our continued losing...Kaep did start playing better. We were just too thin on defense and they were on the field a ton. It was hard to watch the game planning in the second half of the majority of our games.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ok, that is a factor too, especially our run game. but even before Kelly, Kaep doesn't do well in the 2nd halves.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...I think the onus lies on both for sure, but despite our continued losing...Kaep did start playing better. We were just too thin on defense and they were on the field a ton. It was hard to watch the game planning in the second half of the majority of our games.

Agreed. Kap is not the type of QB that can run a high powered offense.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. Kap is not the type of QB that can run a high powered offense.

Kap can go to Buffalo since he has a lot of love up there. He can play with a nice running back and a decent defense that may be better for him than any other destination. He can play in the cold like he did in Nevada

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think drafting a player from Alabama would be great for our defense LB/DLine we could have a proven leader
I think Reuben Foster will be the next Patrick Willis we he is a guy I wouldn't mind having. Lots to think about but when you draft second guys don't fall to you because you just draft who you like so we have to choice right

if we drafted 10 then someone like Foster would fall into our laps, but we cant touch him at #2 at all.

Trade back from #2 to 4 then #4 to 8th pick that would get us some nice added picks and we could get Foster then ahead of the Bengals

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1