• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's a matter of John coming back, I think I'd rather stick with Jed. But if Denise is truly her brother's sister, then hopefully she'll be smart enough, and ruthless enough, to realize that to save her business she has to hire a heavyweight from outside the organization to come in and run things. Maybe it's someone older who just comes on board for the short-term until a successor could be groomed. Unfortunately, the names that pop into my head are probably TOO old (Parcells, Polian). I think I saw the name Shanahan somewhere but I'd be worried about that. IMHO, Shanahan's success in Denver was largely due to his coaching; when he took charge of the front office and personnel, he wasn't particularly good at it and it led to his eventual downfall.

On the other hand, just about ANYONE would have to be better than the current arrangement.

I've read somewhere that neither John nor Denise want to run the team day to day.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing an Idea out there. Do you sign QB Cousins and then draft Garrett or Allen.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing an Idea out there. Do you sign QB Cousins and then draft Garrett or Allen.

He wouldn't be cheap. (But then what good QB these days IS cheap?) I don't know. Living in the DC area, I get to see him pretty frequently and to my non-expert eyes, he LOOKS like the real deal. But then you hear or read persistent comments that there are people in the front office (without ever naming WHO exactly) that aren't sold on him and so are reluctant to give him the megabucks deal he wants. If it's Dan Snyder or his sycophant Bruce Allen that's down on him or simply doesn't want to dole out the money, that's one thing. When it comes to actual football operations, they're both idiots. But if it's Scot McCloughan, who does know talent, then that's something else altogether.

Anyway, it's an idea worth considering, carefully.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This way we get a QB and we get our pass rusher. Then in the 2nd rd you take a WR, CB or MLB.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It depends if any FA wants to come here. If I were one, why would I come to this mess? Who would Cousins throw to? The Browns will end up with two picks in the top 10. I would think they would draft Garrett and then a QB with the other 1st round pick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends if any FA wants to come here. If I were one, why would I come to this mess? Who would Cousins throw to? The Browns will end up with two picks in the top 10. I would think they would draft Garrett and then a QB with the other 1st round pick.
That would be the smart move by the browns but we know browns never do anything right.
Sidenote: Browns do like Allen a lot from Bama.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This way we get a QB and we get our pass rusher. Then in the 2nd rd you take a WR, CB or MLB.

I don't think Cousin should change draft strategy. We still need to make QB a priority in the draft. I see Cousins more as a bridge although a much better one than what we have now

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think with FA it often comes down to money. The 49ers have to overpay. I think a new FO would help though

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cousin should change draft strategy. We still need to make QB a priority in the draft. I see Cousins more as a bridge although a much better one than what we have now
I dont think he would be a bridge. He is 28 years old. Signing him and wasting a 1st or 2nd rd pick on a QB wouldnt make sense. If we did sign Cousin he would be our QB. We need a Pass Rusher in a Very bad way.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he would be a bridge. He is 28 years old. Signing him and wasting a 1st or 2nd rd pick on a QB wouldnt make sense. If we did sign Cousin he would be our QB. We need a Pass Rusher in a Very bad way.
It isn't his age. I just don't think he is that good. Good but don't see him as a franchise QB. If he was, Washington wouldn't let him go. We don't have to take a QB with our first pick. Just higher than the 6th round

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't his age. I just don't think he is that good. Good but don't see him as a franchise QB. If he was, Washington wouldn't let him go. We don't have to take a QB with our first pick. Just higher than the 6th round

There should be a few QBs in the 2nd and 3rd round. This draft is weak as far as QBs are concern, but really good defensively. Niners should take BPA and not draft on need. They need an infusion of talent.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the smart move by the browns but we know browns never do anything right.
Sidenote: Browns do like Allen a lot from Bama.

Hopefully, the Browns mess it up and Niners end up with Garrett. Then maybe draft a QB in the 2nd round or 3rd round.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be a few QBs in the 2nd and 3rd round. This draft is weak as far as QBs are concern, but really good defensively. Niners should take BPA and not draft on need. They need an infusion of talent.

Agreed although as far as drafting BPA goes, unless Dion Sanders is in this draft I don't want to use our top picks on another corner or safety.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed although as far as drafting BPA goes, unless Dion Sanders is in this draft I don't want to use our top picks on another corner or safety.
sad thing we still need a CB. Brock is done and I didnt see much from the young guys except for Ward and Robinson.

Not going to lie but Peppers has talent to be special. Not saying we should take him #2, just stating.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sad thing we still need a CB. Brock is done and I didnt see much from the young guys except for Ward and Robinson.

Not going to lie but Peppers has talent to be special. Not saying we should take him #2, just stating.

I am not opposed to drafting a CB, just not with a top pick. Ward and Robinson could end up being average starters. Not great but not horrible either. We just have such pressing needs elsewhere like LB and a pass rusher on D. Wide receiver on offense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Browns go D and then QB because they have 2 Top 10 picks. One of the QBs they like will be there. So lets hope they take Allen and leave Garrett for us.