• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early to call Goff a bust or disappointment. It is his rookie year and the Rams decided to sit him as he was not ready yet. But it will take at least another year of starting to find out. Was it worth it for the Rams to trade away those picks? It was a big gamble on a player who was projected a lower round pick. If Goff turns into an elite QB, than it will have been worth it. If he turns into a mediocre one, than it was a bad move. Time will tell

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad he went to the Rams....from the limited snaps I saw in college, he did impress me....had he gone almost anywhere else, I'd root for the kid.

I'm a Cardinal guy myself...but I loved how he played. I feel the same way now that he's with the Rams.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Cardinal guy myself...but I loved how he played. I feel the same way now that he's with the Rams.

Oh well...water under the bridge. Given that you clearly follow college more than I, and that I'm too lazy to look up your feelings on the upcoming draft and QB's, care to share your opinion?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My QB Rank:
1)Trubinsky- UNC- Positives: Very effecient QB. Accurate QB. Makes plays. Negative Only 1 year as a starter. Still has a lot to learn about the position. Overall he is this years Wentz.
2)Kizer- ND- Positives: He just has those NFL skills; Arm, athletic, Body. Negative: Not as accurate as scouts want him to be. Folds under pressure some times. Overall Think he has the highest ceiling but has Bust potential.
3)Webb- Cal- Positives: Good downfield thrower. Has a good arm. Negative: Development might take awhile. Think of Goff right now. Overall Webb will need to learn how to work under center. He is a Project.
4)Luke Falk- Wash St- Positives:Very accruate passer, nice arm. Negative coming from a spread offense. Weakness: needs to work on going through progressions. Overall wouldnt be a bad 2-3rd rd pick
5) Chad Kelly- Ole Miss- Positives: Has a lot of talent. Jim Kelly Nephew. Very good arm. Negative: Well he has off the field issues, Torn ACL, Lacks toughness during tough moments, accuracy issues. Overall I have him 5 because I think he has major talent. He needs to be coached right. I think he can be a steal in Rd 4-6. He has a chance to be a Top 3 QB in this class in 2 years.
Sleeper Pick: Pat Mahomes- Texas Tech- Positives- Good pocket passer, has good arm decent mobility in pocket. Negative: Plays in a gimmick offense. Overall The guy is work a shot in the 2nd to 3rd rd and he can be this years Dak.
Off my Board: Brad Kaaya- miami- Positives: He is a pure Pockett passer, good on touch throws. Negative: Everything. Lacks arm, lacks throwing under pressure, takes a lot of sacks. Overall I want to stay away from him. Yes when he has time in the pocket he is very good. The issue is when pressure comes. He gets very nervous.

Dont waste your time- Watson
-Clemson- Positives: Athletic, leader, Knows how to win. Negatives Very inconsistent, Trouble throwing down field. Overall If you dont like Kap you wont like Watson. He is a poor man version of Kap. In my opinion he would be off my board.

Side Pieces:
Mason Rudolph- Okl St- Good size and arm. Vision isnt great. usually looks at 1 receiver.
Baker Mayfield- Oklahoma- Accurate passer. Holds on to the ball too long.

Overall Non of these QBs are Top 10 material. If you had to take a chance in the top 10 you either take Trubinsky or Kizer. No other QB should be taken in the 1st rd. This is why if im the 49ers and DE/OLB Garrett is there u take him. U can find quality QB in the 2nd rd. If Garrett isnt there you trade down or take Peppers(biggest play maker in college football). Peppers is going to be special. He is my Football crush player this year. My last 3 have been very good in the NFL. 2016: Buckner- best rookie Dlinemen this year. 2015: Marcus Peters #1 Type CB, 2014: Mike Evans. I had him over watkins.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Draft Plan: Draft Garrett if he is there. If he isnt trade down. The team I would try and trade with is the Jets. Reason: they like to go all in. Jets would want to get ahead of the Bears so they can draft their QB. as of right now we are #2 and Jets are #5. We would move back a few spots and take Peppers. also adding Jets 2nd rd pick and next years 2nd rd pick. We then either keep both 2nds and take a QB and WR or if 49ers feel they need to take a QB before some other teams they trade back into the 1st to take their guy. If Peppers is gone that means Allen has fallen and u take him. Allen, Armstead and Buckner good be a very bright future.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well...water under the bridge. Given that you clearly follow college more than I, and that I'm too lazy to look up your feelings on the upcoming draft and QB's, care to share your opinion?

I'm not a huge fan of any of the QB's in this draft. IMHO, there are a bunch guys that will be has beens and never will bes. That said, who woulda thunk that Wentz and Dak would be killing it. To me, it's obviously a talent evaluation, but more so, the mental make up that comes behind that, plus the organization that they're drafted by and how they handle them. It's truly a crap shoot for the QB selection.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of any of the QB's in this draft. IMHO, there are a bunch guys that will be has beens and never will bes. That said, who woulda thunk that Wentz and Dak would be killing it. To me, it's obviously a talent evaluation, but more so, the mental make up that comes behind that, plus the organization that they're drafted by and how they handle them. It's truly a crap shoot for the QB selection.

Interesting......take a chance on any of them in the 2nd/3rd round? At some point, I'm sure you agree that we gotta pull the trigger on somebody.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The question is both irrelevant and quite frankly, stupid. How can anyone make a trade such as that based on an incredibly limited sample size?

Again, you're avoiding answering.

You know how i know you're wrong, when you resort to name calling.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My QB Rank:
1)Trubinsky- UNC- Positives: Very effecient QB. Accurate QB. Makes plays. Negative Only 1 year as a starter. Still has a lot to learn about the position. Overall he is this years Wentz.
2)Kizer- ND- Positives: He just has those NFL skills; Arm, athletic, Body. Negative: Not as accurate as scouts want him to be. Folds under pressure some times. Overall Think he has the highest ceiling but has Bust potential.
3)Webb- Cal- Positives: Good downfield thrower. Has a good arm. Negative: Development might take awhile. Think of Goff right now. Overall Webb will need to learn how to work under center. He is a Project.
4)Luke Falk- Wash St- Positives:Very accruate passer, nice arm. Negative coming from a spread offense. Weakness: needs to work on going through progressions. Overall wouldnt be a bad 2-3rd rd pick
5) Chad Kelly- Ole Miss- Positives: Has a lot of talent. Jim Kelly Nephew. Very good arm. Negative: Well he has off the field issues, Torn ACL, Lacks toughness during tough moments, accuracy issues. Overall I have him 5 because I think he has major talent. He needs to be coached right. I think he can be a steal in Rd 4-6. He has a chance to be a Top 3 QB in this class in 2 years.
Sleeper Pick: Pat Mahomes- Texas Tech- Positives- Good pocket passer, has good arm decent mobility in pocket. Negative: Plays in a gimmick offense. Overall The guy is work a shot in the 2nd to 3rd rd and he can be this years Dak.
Off my Board: Brad Kaaya- miami- Positives: He is a pure Pockett passer, good on touch throws. Negative: Everything. Lacks arm, lacks throwing under pressure, takes a lot of sacks. Overall I want to stay away from him. Yes when he has time in the pocket he is very good. The issue is when pressure comes. He gets very nervous.

Dont waste your time- Watson
-Clemson- Positives: Athletic, leader, Knows how to win. Negatives Very inconsistent, Trouble throwing down field. Overall If you dont like Kap you wont like Watson. He is a poor man version of Kap. In my opinion he would be off my board.

Side Pieces:
Mason Rudolph- Okl St- Good size and arm. Vision isnt great. usually looks at 1 receiver.
Baker Mayfield- Oklahoma- Accurate passer. Holds on to the ball too long.

Overall Non of these QBs are Top 10 material. If you had to take a chance in the top 10 you either take Trubinsky or Kizer. No other QB should be taken in the 1st rd. This is why if im the 49ers and DE/OLB Garrett is there u take him. U can find quality QB in the 2nd rd. If Garrett isnt there you trade down or take Peppers(biggest play maker in college football). Peppers is going to be special. He is my Football crush player this year. My last 3 have been very good in the NFL. 2016: Buckner- best rookie Dlinemen this year. 2015: Marcus Peters #1 Type CB, 2014: Mike Evans. I had him over watkins.

Too bad for us, cause if this is true, Cleveland won't take a QB either. Anyway, QB's tend to rise up as the draft gets closer. So not much buzz now, but it'll heat up next year.

If there is no top QB to draft, trading down is not an option.

just one comment on Peppers, if you have to add special teamer to justify this pick, i am wary.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how i know you're wrong, when you resort to name calling.

JFC...forget about your question, as I've already stated how ridiculous it was......what 'name' did I call you, and what am I 'wrong' about?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting......take a chance on any of them in the 2nd/3rd round? At some point, I'm sure you agree that we gotta pull the trigger on somebody.

Well, I would rather take a QB with a 3rd round pick than a cornerback coming off an ACL injury

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Considering Jabrill Peppers to the 49ers in NFL draft

After reading this, don't see how we can spend a top 5 pick on Peppers?! We need a stud at a specific position, not a jack of all trades, master at none.

Whether it is QB, OLB, WR, etc., we are better off with an "All Pro" player at one spot. Someone who you can build around, and will be consistent.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I would rather take a QB with a 3rd round pick than a cornerback coming off an ACL injury

If they go QB, and given the word I read around different forums, I guess the popular trend is to get that Garrett kid whom a lot believe he's a can't miss guy, and do something with the second pick (stay and pick/trade up/etc.) to get a quarterback.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Draft Plan: Draft Garrett if he is there. If he isnt trade down. The team I would try and trade with is the Jets. Reason: they like to go all in. Jets would want to get ahead of the Bears so they can draft their QB. as of right now we are #2 and Jets are #5. We would move back a few spots and take Peppers. also adding Jets 2nd rd pick and next years 2nd rd pick. We then either keep both 2nds and take a QB and WR or if 49ers feel they need to take a QB before some other teams they trade back into the 1st to take their guy. If Peppers is gone that means Allen has fallen and u take him. Allen, Armstead and Buckner good be a very bright future.

No, to peppers, and if we do trade back with the jets we better get another first or it isn't worth doing at all.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2017 NFL Mock Draft: 49ers take Alabama LB Reuben Foster with No. 2 pick

Don't get caught up in the names, but here is ONE mock that have us going defense, then a QB in Round 2. This isn't gospel by any means, but just to show it isn't "fools folley".

If we really do want a certain QB, we likely have to trade back into late Round 1. There are just too many teams who will think the same.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems from what has been mentioned that we might be better off drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. I could see taking Garrett with the pick if this guy is really that dominant of a force on defense even though that would be the third DL taken in the 1st round in the past three years. A linebacker would be a good pick too as this team is so thin there and Bowman is coming off an injury

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seems from what has been mentioned that we might be better off drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. I could see taking Garrett with the pick if this guy is really that dominant of a force on defense even though that would be the third DL taken in the 1st round in the past three years. A linebacker would be a good pick too as this team is so thin there and Bowman is coming off an injury

Garrett is a LB, not DL? We certainly could use a 3 down OLB, with pass rush skills. This is a HARD player to obtain, because he needs to be a good rusher and run defender. I would think you also need decent coverage ability, so this is asking for 'superman'.

From what we're reading, he's like Kahlil Mack, able to move around and cause havoc.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett is a LB, not DL? We certainly could use a 3 down OLB, with pass rush skills. This is a HARD player to obtain, because he needs to be a good rusher and run defender. I would think you also need decent coverage ability, so this is asking for 'superman'.

From what we're reading, he's like Kahlil Mack, able to move around and cause havoc.

I don't watch college ball but he is listed as a defensive end online. If he projects to be that dominant, it is worth a look