• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft 2017

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I've wanted Myles Garrett for a while, but it looks like the Browns will make him the easy choice for the #1 overall pick. If we're picking somewhere between 2-4, I'd go with either DB J.Peppers (Mich), DE D.Barnett (Tenn), or DT J.Allen (Alabama). Peppers can play S or DB and contributes on ST, Barnett can be the edge rusher we've been missing and Allen would make an excellent DT if we decide to shift to a 4/3.
my back up plan is Peppers; we trade Reid for a 3rd or 4th rd pick. Peppers and Tartt watch out plus we finally get an electric PR and KR. He also can play offense. He can be the next Dion Sanders.
I do like Allen but I think its too high to draft NT/DT unless he is like Suh and he isnt.
Barnett very up and down player.

The one year we will be in the Top 5 and there is no top QB, WR or MLB. I hope Garrett falls because I know we can land a QB in RD 2.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
reminds me of the Alex Smith year. We know Rodgers became a great QB but back then he was a High Risk.

don't recall him being a high risk, i recall he was more NFL ready, but lower ceiling than Alex Smith.

Alex Smith came out of a more spread offense, but was projected to have more intangibles.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my back up plan is Peppers; we trade Reid for a 3rd or 4th rd pick. Peppers and Tartt watch out plus we finally get an electric PR and KR. He also can play offense. He can be the next Dion Sanders.
I do like Allen but I think its too high to draft NT/DT unless he is like Suh and he isnt.
Barnett very up and down player.

The one year we will be in the Top 5 and there is no top QB, WR or MLB. I hope Garrett falls because I know we can land a QB in RD 2.

if not Barnett, there are a few other considerations i saw on mocks. Then there might be a surprise pick like Aldon Smith, but again, only if there are no QB's and Garrett is taken first.

As the draft nears, QB'd tend to rise just because it is that important. There is a BIG penalty if you guess wrong on a QB (see Goff), but then you can't stand on the sidelines forever. You can't say i want a 2nd round QB, AND expect a HOF QB. The odds are very very long.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a BIG penalty if you guess wrong on a QB (see Goff), but then you can't stand on the sidelines forever.

A bit early to say the Goff pick was a wrong guess. I'd certainly rather be in the Rams position as opposed to SF's when it comes to the current QB's on their respective rosters.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit early to say the Goff pick was a wrong guess. I'd certainly rather be in the Rams position as opposed to SF's when it comes to the current QB's on their respective rosters.
I agree Goff for his 2nd game he threw for 3 TDs. I feel like the last couple of years drafting a QB in the 1st compared to the rest of the rds isnt that big anymore. Thats why Im ok with drafting a QB in the 2nd Rd if we draft DE/OLB Garrett. Now imagine we get Garrett and Watson/Kaaya. Not bad. Now Im not a Watson/Kaaya fan but overall if we land one in the 2nd its not a bad thing. Back up plan Draft Kelly From Ol Miss in the 4th rd(torn ACL).......JK LOL had to throw that out there. Kelly wont be a bad pick for a team like the Saints or even the Cards in late rds.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ok, it is a little early on Goff, but you have to admit it doesn't look promising? Considering what was traded away, he not only has to be good, but BETTER than good.

As of today, my opinion is our QB situation is better. Mainly because Goff himself is looking like he'll need 'extra' time to get it going, and doesn't appear his ceiling is high enough to justify the trade? So having someone in place is ok, but not if he doesn't equal what was spent. Looked another way, do you see other teams 'fearing' him next season?

Secondly, we didn't trade away all those high draft picks and doesn't appear we'll need to? Those were high draft picks and considering the Rams aren't winning a lot, those picks are gold. So Goff will have to pick up the slack since they won't have a few good prospects coming in. Our QB isn't expected to make up for lost talent elsewhere.

Third, we still have the choice of a QB prospect or passing, in Round 1. So we don't have a QB in place next season, but we didn't 'screw up'......yet.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree Goff for his 2nd game he threw for 3 TDs. I feel like the last couple of years drafting a QB in the 1st compared to the rest of the rds isnt that big anymore. Thats why Im ok with drafting a QB in the 2nd Rd if we draft DE/OLB Garrett. Now imagine we get Garrett and Watson/Kaaya. Not bad. Now Im not a Watson/Kaaya fan but overall if we land one in the 2nd its not a bad thing. Back up plan Draft Kelly From Ol Miss in the 4th rd(torn ACL).......JK LOL had to throw that out there. Kelly wont be a bad pick for a team like the Saints or even the Cards in late rds.

a possibility is trading back up into the end of Round 1. This won't be cheap, but if one of these QB's provides great value then, do it!

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, it is a little early on Goff, but you have to admit it doesn't look promising?

I don't see how anyone could believe that.....after two games. Especially when his second start was far, far better than his first.

As of today, my opinion is our QB situation is better.

I guess I'm going on what I don't know vs. what I probably do. Goff is a complete unknown at this point, and I'd rather watch a young 22 year old who was a high prospect who has the potential to turn around a franchise. It's something to look forward to. I only look forward to Kaepernick splitting town....the faster the sooner.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see how anyone could believe that.....after two games. Especially when his second start was far, far better than his first.

I guess I'm going on what I don't know vs. what I probably do. Goff is a complete unknown at this point, and I'd rather watch a young 22 year old who was a high prospect who has the potential to turn around a franchise. It's something to look forward to. I only look forward to Kaepernick splitting town....the faster the sooner.

Again, i admit it is early and i'm not saying he's a bust or can't play at all. I am questioning if the wait and eventual "ceiling", will even come close to the cost?

Saying his second game is better than his first, isn't saying much.

Ok, you go by what you don't know. This doesn't make sense to me, but you're entitled to your opinion...really.

Yes, i'm going more by what i do know but then again, most people do it this way whenever possible. We do know Goff didn't progress much this off season, because he wasn't even on the active roster. We do know he didn't play till 'halfway' of the season, and only because Keenum hit rock bottom. Had Keenum been 'average', Goff still wouldn't be playing.

I like our current QB situation because we didn't screw it up yet, but looking to next year. You are going by Kaep now and so we weren't on the same time frame. My bad.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying his second game is better than his first, isn't saying much.

I'm going on a 2 game sample size, from the guy who was the first pick in the draft. I quoted your point that it doesn't look promising, when certainly on what we've seen, it definitely is. I couldn't care less in how the Rams have dealt with Goff....Jeff Fisher is a defensive-minded guy who has never developed any reputation when it comes to quarterbacks in the NFL. Things may have been drastically different with Goff under an offensive-oriented regime.

I'll wait at least a couple of years before I make any conclusions about Goff. The Rams made a big swing, and I can respect that approach everytime if you are truly convinced he's they guy.

Ok, you go by what you don't know. This doesn't make sense to me, but you're entitled to your opinion...really.

It makes perfect sense. The draft is basically a crapshoot. It's an opportunity for franchises to improve, especially the terrible teams. Fans look very much to the draft process, and draft day like a holiday. Both franchises NEED a QB in a bad way. One fanbase gets to look forward with anticipation to watch and hope their guy develops into the franchise player whereas the other gets to endure a known product of below mediocrity.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm going on a 2 game sample size, from the guy who was the first pick in the draft. I quoted your point that it doesn't look promising, when certainly on what we've seen, it definitely is. I couldn't care less in how the Rams have dealt with Goff....Jeff Fisher is a defensive-minded guy who has never developed any reputation when it comes to quarterbacks in the NFL. Things may have been drastically different with Goff under an offensive-oriented regime.

I'll wait at least a couple of years before I make any conclusions about Goff. The Rams made a big swing, and I can respect that approach everytime if you are truly convinced he's they guy.

It makes perfect sense. The draft is basically a crapshoot. It's an opportunity for franchises to improve, especially the terrible teams. Fans look very much to the draft process, and draft day like a holiday. Both franchises NEED a QB in a bad way. One fanbase gets to look forward with anticipation to watch and hope their guy develops into the franchise player whereas the other gets to endure a known product of below mediocrity.

Lets put it this way, if you were in the same position as the Rams, would you trade away all those picks for Goff? You even have a little 20/20 to this point, would you?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets put it this way, if you were in the same position as the Rams, would you trade away all those picks for Goff? You even have a little 20/20 to this point, would you?

I can't say one way or the other specifically regarding Goff. I didn't watch anywhere near enough games to feel strongly one way or the other. The only thing I can say in general is, if I'm part of a team deciding on making a decision like this, and the consensus is that he's the guy, then I can get behind the deal.

Most seem to think it was crazy for Jared Goff....we'll see.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't say one way or the other specifically regarding Goff. I didn't watch anywhere near enough games to feel strongly one way or the other. The only thing I can say in general is, if I'm part of a team deciding on making a decision like this, and the consensus is that he's the guy, then I can get behind the deal.

Most seem to think it was crazy for Jared Goff....we'll see.

Yeah, that is my point, when you add in what it cost to obtain Goff, then you back off. Even with some 20/20 which the Rams brass did not have, you still beg off.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Goff wasnt worth all those picks. I was one against it and thought Wentz would be better. Who ever thought Dak would be the best of the Bunch. LOL Showing a 1st rd QB isnt always the way to go.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is my point, when you add in what it cost to obtain Goff, then you back off. Even with some 20/20 which the Rams brass did not have, you still beg off.

I'm not backing from anything. I questioned your position that Goff was already a wrong guess - which you backed away from - and that your minute sample size of him not looking promising was nearly as equally flawed. I couldn't care less what the Rams gave up to get him.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not backing from anything. I questioned your position that Goff was already a wrong guess - which you backed away from - and that your minute sample size of him not looking promising was nearly as equally flawed. I couldn't care less what the Rams gave up to get him.

No way you can tell if Goff was a waste thus far. He's a gamer...and he's face adversity like not many have seen in college and took that program on his back and they turned into a pretty damn good team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Goff wasnt worth all those picks. I was one against it and thought Wentz would be better. Who ever thought Dak would be the best of the Bunch. LOL Showing a 1st rd QB isnt always the way to go.

I was for Goff at the time. In the months leading up to the draft but before the Rams trade, Goff was a popular pick here. I certainly thought we needed a QB, and he looked like the best passer available.

Right after the draft, i felt we should've taken Dak in Round 4. Either him or at least Ken Dixon. Not that i knew anything about Rashard Robinson, but we had already drafted Redmond and again, we needed a QB. Anyway, what's done is done and Robinson is looking ok to this point.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

wait, i questioned your position that the Rams had a better QB situation than us. I admitted it is too early to draw conclusions on Goff, and admitted i had the wrong time frame in my initial answer.

So we got focused on Goff himself, you're judging him by what you don't know, and i judged him based on facts. So i ask you further on Goff, would you still do the deal even knowing what he's done to date? You conveniently avoid answering the question. So you backed off the question, whereas i admitted where i erred, big difference.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You conveniently avoid answering the question.

The question is both irrelevant and quite frankly, stupid. How can anyone make a trade such as that based on an incredibly limited sample size?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way you can tell if Goff was a waste thus far. He's a gamer...and he's face adversity like not many have seen in college and took that program on his back and they turned into a pretty damn good team.

Too bad he went to the Rams....from the limited snaps I saw in college, he did impress me....had he gone almost anywhere else, I'd root for the kid.