• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL: 3 Teams That Could Go Undefeated Next Season

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are the second most likely team to go 16-0, and lose in the divisional round of the playoffs.

After the Bengals

Andy Dalton must have been thrilled to get hurt before the playoffs last season

At least for one year, he delayed his public lynching

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton must have been thrilled to get hurt before the playoffs last season

At least for one year, he delayed his public lynching

Andy Dalton didn't play in the playoffs last year??? Hmm...didn't notice.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, really don't see any team going undefeated this season.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree its a well built regular season team

I would just never trust Alex Smith to win big time football when it counts the most

His playoff games as a Chief have been good.
3 games, 64.4 comp%, 812 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT, only took 6 sacks and he's added another 128 yards rushing.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because they're not on this list of teams that could go undefeated doesn't mean they aren't relevant. As a matter fact, most people have them winning the division. Vegas has them with the best odds to win the Super Bowl. Don't even think about trying to hide behind the "nobody's giving us a chance" curtain.
It tends to work better than going the other way.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree its a well built regular season team

I would just never trust Alex Smith to win big time football when it counts the most
Alex Smith could. He did show improvement last year imo when Charles went down but yeah, I dont trust the Chiefs in the playoffs if they are ever down by more than 8.

The big thing would be that he would need an elite defense. When the Chiefs D was causing havoc to the Texans, Alex Smith could make a couple of mistakes and it didnt matter because Smith doesnt make big mistakes. Against a Brady or a Big Ben or an Aaron Rodgers, the D is just going to have to play to a different level. Chiefs are a run first team and like Arizona they always seem to have a couple of key players banged up at the end of the season. I wouldn't totally rule them out. They have the same ridiculously minuscule chance of going undefeated as about 10 other teams and the other 22 have no chance at all.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey this time of year everyone is making predictions. It is just interesting to see what some people have on their minds and then try and figure out why they feel that way.

What is more fun down the road is coming back to see who was right or wrong.

Myself I dont make predictions because each one would end with something like "This will happen if everyone stays healthy"

I gotcha !!!....I really don't think it's likely that Miami's perfect storm season will ever be broken....
But luck does have a mind of it's own, if it can influence the refs to go along, almost anything is possible...
Except maybe for the Browns....:dhd:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Your neck of the woods" has one Lombardi trophy and a fanbase that thinks football was invented 5 years ago.
Ok, using the understanding that the Seahawks fans think the team has been around for 5 years I have some points and a question or 2 regarding defense.
In the last 5 years the Seahawks D finished...
2011 #7 in PA and #8 in Total D.
2012 #1 in PA and #4 in TD
2013 #1 in PA and #1 in TD
2014 #1 in PA and #1 in TD
2015 #1 in PA and #2 in TD
I am confused as to why you would think that being in the middle of the field of 32 teams would be acceptable to us, but looking at how GB values D I can see your view just a tiny bit.
Responding to your other comment regarding Lombardi's, since we Seahawk fans are new to this game and aren't very aware of history, how many Lombardi's does the team you root for have in the last 5 years? Also, teams are subdivided into divisions aren't they? If that is correct how many Super Bowl's and Lombardi's has your division won in the last 5 years?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, using the understanding that the Seahawks fans think the team has been around for 5 years I have some points and a question or 2 regarding defense.
In the last 5 years the Seahawks D finished...
2011 #7 in PA and #8 in Total D.
2012 #1 in PA and #4 in TD
2013 #1 in PA and #1 in TD
2014 #1 in PA and #1 in TD
2015 #1 in PA and #2 in TD
I am confused as to why you would think that being in the middle of the field of 32 teams would be acceptable to us, but looking at how GB values D I can see your view just a tiny bit.
Responding to your other comment regarding Lombardi's, since we Seahawk fans are new to this game and aren't very aware of history, how many Lombardi's does the team you root for have in the last 5 years? Also, teams are subdivided into divisions aren't they? If that is correct how many Super Bowl's and Lombardi's has your division won in the last 5 years?
I never talked about Seattles defense dude. I responded to a comment calling GBs defense terrible and corrected that person. Then you went all defensive telling me how that would be "unacceptable in Seattle, we are used to greatness, blah blah blah"

Take deep breaths. Maybe go outside and wash your 12th man flag or something. Take a break from the computer for a while.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confused as to why you would think that being in the middle of the field of 32 teams would be acceptable to us

This is hilarious. So Mr. Jacknut football fan is now determining what is acceptable and unacceptable of the football team he roots for.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never talked about Seattles defense dude. I responded to a comment calling GBs defense terrible and corrected that person. Then you went all defensive telling me how that would be "unacceptable in Seattle, we are used to greatness, blah blah blah"

Take deep breaths. Maybe go outside and wash your 12th man flag or something. Take a break from the computer for a while.
LOL, look in the mirror. You seem to blame everyone that trumps you whether or not you are at fault.
I see nothing special in GB's defense. That is not the team's main focus as it is in Seattle. GB's D is pedestrian, merely average. Feel free to debate me on that if you wish.
It was you that put down the team's fans of which I am one.
No big, I'm certainly not pissed. It's kind of humorous really because we have been your thorn, not the other way around.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, look in the mirror. You seem to blame everyone that trumps you whether or not you are at fault.
I see nothing special in GB's defense. That is not the team's main focus as it is in Seattle. GB's D is pedestrian, merely average. Feel free to debate me on that if you wish.
It was you that put down the team's fans of which I am one.
No big, I'm certainly not pissed. It's kind of humorous really because we have been your thorn, not the other way around.
Wtf are you talking about? I never said GBs defense is special. In fact I think the purpose of my comment was to point out that they are about middle of the pack. You are a nut job.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is going undefeated this year or probably ever again

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The absolute only reason the Pats should lose even one game is if Brady gets back on the field for them.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty silly that any team could realistically go 16-0 right now. Way too many variables to factor.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one that is even close is Arizona because they have a defense... but I don't see them taking both from Seattle.

Green Bay and Pittsburgh's defense sucks (and despite the draft picks/FA they need to prove it). I would be absolutely blown away if either of those teams went undefeated let alone 13-3+.

I can see all three not even winning the division. Cincy won last year (although Pitts was banged up) and they improved. Minnesota was just as banged up as Green Bay considering all 3 of their best defenders were out a few games and playing < 100%, and Seattle is still in competition for the division.

This is a pretty horrible list lol. Seems like a useless article. "Tim what should we write today?" "Hmm, jee I don't know. We already did a story on how Wentz/Goff will lead their teams to Super Bowls and such.... hmmm.. I KNOW, do a story on undefeated teams?" "OMG who should we choose!?" "Uhh.. just choose a bunch of good offenses and call it a day."

I wonder if your opinion would differ had the Seahawks been mentioned as one of the three

just a thought

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf are you talking about? I never said GBs defense is special. In fact I think the purpose of my comment was to point out that they are about middle of the pack. You are a nut job.
I agreed with your earlier comment about GB's D. I also said Seahawk's would not accept those results.
We have been spoiled.
You then proceeded to put down Seahawk fans.
I also agree that I am a nut job.
Good day.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hilarious. So Mr. Jacknut football fan is now determining what is acceptable and unacceptable of the football team he roots for.
Maybe you are right. Poll Seahawk fans and ask them if having GBs D works for them.
I will await the findings of your investigation.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you are right. Poll Seahawk fans and ask them if having GBs D works for them.
I will await the findings of your investigation.

Poll them and ask who they'd rather have at QB while you're at it

Rodgers is a great equalizer