• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Wild Card-Seattle Seahawks vs. Dallas Cowboys

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is ET playing?
No made the playoffs without him. Love how that’s the only player Dallas fans are trying to troll with. He’s been out for a while now. Remember 1996 Dallas fans...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must really hurt to be swept by a team with two RBs and no QB.

It does. Sadly, my only consolation is the fact that the Eagles are the defending Super Bowl champions.

Oh wait, that’s a pretty nice consolation. Can’t wait to repeat a month from now.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I look at this game, the harder it is to predict. We can all go with our hearts on our sleeves and just say my team wins and throw a bunch of useless shit in from week 3 or whatever into the argument to justify our belief. I was gonna write up a long post breaking down everything but when the bottom line came up, it was basically a toss-up. I guess the x-factor here is whether Garrett can get out of his own way.
We can talk about RW and his experience in the moment and all that and whether Dak can do it on the big stage all we want but they are similar QB's in a lot of ways. Can get out of the pocket and escape the pass rush and throw on the run. Aside from the Colts game, Dak has been playing like a top 10 QB ever since Jerry went out and got him Cooper and publicly came out and gave him the vote of confidence. That's more than a coincidence to me. This kid is playing really well. If he doesn't make any mistakes and turn the ball over, he can get this done, imo. This should be a really great game. One stat here that may or may not mean anything is Wilson has won his first play-off game every season he has been in. Two of those five were on the road.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of hoping Sean Lee doesn't start.

Been dressed for 5 Pokes losses out of 7 games he's played.

And after they "righted" the ship after Tenn thumped them and were rolling again, they started him over Vander Esche against Indy and got thumped again.

As much as I like Lee, I think Smith and the rookie have better chemistry as a pair.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No made the playoffs without him. Love how that’s the only player Dallas fans are trying to troll with. He’s been out for a while now. Remember 1996 Dallas fans...
Not trolling, just pointing out that ET made that play.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of hoping Sean Lee doesn't start.

Been dressed for 5 Pokes losses out of 7 games he's played.

And after they "righted" the ship after Tenn thumped them and were rolling again, they started him over Vander Esche against Indy and got thumped again.

As much as I like Lee, I think Smith and the rookie have better chemistry as a pair.

I agree. That Vander Esche kid has looked amazing this year. If the Cowboys want to put Sean Lee in for the majority of the work instead of Vander Esche I'm completely fine with it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams would be smart to do a straight swap, Aaron Donald for Earl !! :yes:

Pass. Not with that salary. I get Donald is great but after this year and next that whole team is going to come crashing down with Goff's contract unless JUST Cooks/Goff/Donald/Gurley can carry them, which I doubt. Rams are fortunate Goff is on a pedestrian salary for 14 more months, and they DEFINITELY built their team with that in mind from the looks of it (which I predicted before the season even started). After that RIP.... If the Rams don't win the SBOWL this year or next it's a HUGE failure since the team will be in 100% rebuild mode with a young veteran QB that has escaped the 'Goof' label.

Besides, Reed quietly racked up 10+ sacks and Clark wont be cheap. Seattle's big struggle was rush D this year. We allowed the 3rd most rush yards/attempt in the NFL. I'll attribute some of that to Wright being gone, but even with Wright we are still bottom 10 for sure.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does. Sadly, my only consolation is the fact that the Eagles are the defending Super Bowl champions.

Oh wait, that’s a pretty nice consolation. Can’t wait to repeat a month from now.
never know with Foles....he is far and away your best opportunity.

Me? I'm good with a Philly and Dallas win this week. Much rather play the Rams in LA...besides, your team has much work to do after the Saints beat down this year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass. Not with that salary. I get Donald is great but after this year and next that whole team is going to come crashing down with Goff's contract unless JUST Cooks/Goff/Donald/Gurley can carry them, which I doubt. Rams are fortunate Goff is on a pedestrian salary for 14 more months, and they DEFINITELY built their team with that in mind from the looks of it (which I predicted before the season even started). After that RIP.... If the Rams don't win the SBOWL this year or next it's a HUGE failure since the team will be in 100% rebuild mode with a young veteran QB that has escaped the 'Goof' label.

Besides, Reed quietly racked up 10+ sacks and Clark wont be cheap. Seattle's big struggle was rush D this year. We allowed the 3rd most rush yards/attempt in the NFL. I'll attribute some of that to Wright being gone, but even with Wright we are still bottom 10 for sure.

I was just kidding bro .. Rams would never do that, also he's a free agent anyway... :suds:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just kidding bro .. Rams would never do that, also he's a free agent anyway... :suds:

Yah it sucks Clark is a free agent. He's gonna be expensive as F. Hopefully he'll fly under the radar but I could see a # of teams paying big cash for him. I think Clark is a must sign for Seattle - if we lose Clark our pass rush is severely downgraded. We just need a decent DE to pair with Clark for the run. Was hoping Green would step up into that role more this season, but hopefully he gets the coaching/bulk he needs for next.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So will Zeke, Zach Martin and Tyron Smith

Lawrence playing a full game, Gregory playing much better than back then, Charlton awakening, Vander Esche coming of age ahead of schedule. I heard maybe even Irving might play. And Cooper.

I honestly feel confident of a win.

Especially if Jarwin does what he did....

CooperScooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence playing a full game, Gregory playing much better than back then, Charlton awakening, Vander Esche coming of age ahead of schedule. I heard maybe even Irving might play. And Cooper.

I honestly feel confident of a win.

Especially if Jarwin does what he did....

Irving ain’t playing. That dude is done as a Cowboy. Complete waste of talent.