• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Wild Card-Seattle Seahawks vs. Dallas Cowboys

CooperScooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right I know and lost by double digits but it’s not misleading?

Why don’t teams run 40 times per game if it’s that cut and dry?

Yes, Dallas lost by double digits but let’s not act like it was a blowout. Several self inflicted mistakes (Zeke inexplicably stepping out of bounds on a TD pass for one), crazy tipped interceptions. Seattle had the ball go their way and it flipped the game. Tuff to win on the road when you’re fighting a 3-0 turnover disadvantage.

Dude McCrackin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is can they score 20. When Dallas scores 20, they’re undefeated.

Okay? 20 points wouldn’t have been enough to beat Detroit, Seattle, Washington (twice) or the Giants.

Dallas isn’t holding Seattle to under 20 so they’ll need to score more than 20 to win.

CooperScooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay? 20 points wouldn’t have been enough to beat Detroit, Seattle, Washington (twice) or the Giants.

Dallas isn’t holding Seattle to under 20 so they’ll need to score more than 20 to win.

20 or more. Didn’t think I’d have to spell that out for you.

Dude McCrackin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Dallas lost by double digits but let’s not act like it was a blowout. Several self inflicted mistakes (Zeke inexplicably stepping out of bounds on a TD pass for one), crazy tipped interceptions. Seattle had the ball go their way and it flipped the game. Tuff to win on the road when you’re fighting a 3-0 turnover disadvantage.

No doubt, just like 2 blocked punts, missed tackles on punt returns and 10 points off turnover made the game yesterday look closer than it was because of the horrible field position allowed Arizona to pin their heads back and blitz.

I’m just saying statistics only show so much and turnovers, while sometimes avoidable are generally forced by the defense.

The Seahawks defense has the potential to play lights out at any given moment as has been seen already this season.

Dude McCrackin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 or more. Didn’t think I’d have to spell that out for you.

You don’t. I’m saying so what. The fact that Dallas is undefeated when scoring 20 points is irrelevant as even in some of the games they scored 20 their opponents were well over 20.

It’s smoke and mirrors and is a baseless stat that while maybe looks cool doesn’t mean much.

Its literally the same as saying “when we outscore our opponents we win”

CooperScooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, just like 2 blocked punts, missed tackles on punt returns and 10 points off turnover made the game yesterday look closer than it was because of the horrible field position allowed Arizona to pin their heads back and blitz.

I’m just saying statistics only show so much and turnovers, while sometimes avoidable are generally forced by the defense.

The Seahawks defense has the potential to play lights out at any given moment as has been seen already this season.

I never brought up yesterday’s games? I agree Statistics for one game are misleading but over an entire season....they tell everything about a team.

CooperScooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t. I’m saying so what. The fact that Dallas is undefeated when scoring 20 points is irrelevant as even in some of the games they scored 20 their opponents were well over 20.

It’s smoke and mirrors and is a baseless stat that while maybe looks cool doesn’t mean much.

Its literally the same as saying “when we outscore our opponents we win”

Not really. When Dallas scores 20 that usually means they’re moving the ball and controlling the clock. Which limits their opponents opportunities.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a coin-flip game, IMO.

I think Seattle is a slightly better team, but they're not as good on the road.

Dude McCrackin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never brought up yesterday’s games? I agree Statistics for one game are misleading but over an entire season....they tell everything about a team.

So you think Dallas is the same defense today as they were week 1? Stats accumulate over the course of the season though all the trials and tribulations of injuries and scheme changes and other extenuating circumstances. Dallas has a better defense now, and Amare Cooper... not the same team as before. So you could take the current incarnation and go 16 more weeks and have much different result.

Although 16 games seasons like a large sample size I don’t think it is. The progression and regression of teams happen at different times throughout a season and a larger sample size of a team is needed to fully use statistics as the basis for a game plan per se.

I don’t think NFL coaches prepare game plans looking at stats but rather they use game film. And not game film from one game, but every game and at the end of the day you do what suits your personnel best and play your game to your strengths and not so much to the weaknesses of other teams.

It’s where you impose your will. Seattle plays every single team the same way and they let the chips fall where they will. By imposing their game plan they feel they will have a better chance to win.

Dallas could be the #1 rush defense in the NFL and Seattle would still run 30-40 times against them, win lose or draw.

I predict Dallas will run and average over 6 ypc but will not rush more than 20 times.

Dude McCrackin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. When Dallas scores 20 that usually means they’re moving the ball and controlling the clock. Which limits their opponents opportunities.

Alright. You’re a smart enough fan I don’t need to beat a dead horse. Should be a good game that could go either way. I am just seasoned to take stats with a grain of salt.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many points did the high octane Saints have with their MVP QB.

Not very fucking many, that's how many.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, you are missing out. Juniors hockey is imo, better than college football because you aren't just on this team all year because you goto school there, you are picked to be part of the team out of all the kids that age.

And a great option if you aren't interested in watching all the regular season games from the NHL.

Plus if you ever watched the Edmonton Oilers play in the last several seasons thats basically watching a junior team.

Read my lips..... I'm not missing anything.

I don't care about watching kids play. Any sport.

Hockey hasn't even been on my TV this year.

And for the record, I don't watch Limpic hockey either. No hate.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Hawks get the W. Both teams match up well and really it's a coin flip.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett will do what Garrett does, and Seattle will win

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks have a few key injuries that could factor in. Both started guards were out yesterday, but I just listened to PC's Monday morning radio deal and sounds like Fluker is back for sure but Sweezy may go up to game time. LCB Shaquill Griffin turned an ankle yesterday and didn't return; they have to wait and see on him....best CB on the team. Starting FS Tedric Thompson has missed the last couple games but will be back on Saturday.

Yesterday was a bit sketchy with drops and ST blunders (2 blocked punts??), but Seattle has a great coach, a great QB, the league's best running game, and the league's best turnover ratio. That all adds up to a tough team to beat in the playoffs. I'm sure Dallas will be a stiff challenge, should be a good game.
Safety Delano Hill placed on IR yesterday. Not earth shattering but a solid back up when he got playing time.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a great game. Both teams bringing a run heavy package. Try to control the clock and keep the other offense off the field.
Concerns if I were a Seattle fan;
Can they focus enough effort to stop the run and if they do will KJ or Bobby Wags be able to stay with anyone sneaking out of the backfield or TE chipping before running a pattern?
Oline looked terrible in pass protec last week.
Penalties and Janakowski's Jeckly and Hyde. Along with the punter who will crush a punt and then shank the next one.

Dallas concerns;
Can their secondary contain coverage when RW scrambles?
Does inexpirence play a part?
Who spies RW and will that effect coverage?
Seattle STs Lockette and Dickson could change the game.

Dallas in a close one. RW leads a final drive that ends up in a turnover.
Dallas 28 Seattle 24

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety Delano Hill placed on IR yesterday. Not earth shattering but a solid back up when he got playing time.

Ya but now Shalom Luani will be unleashed upon the NFL.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evenly matched teams, but one team is led by Pete Carroll, and the other, Jason Garrett.

Squawks 26
Girls 12

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett will do what Garrett does, and Seattle will win

giphy.gif