• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next year's draft needs

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little too early I know but it's a long week. I may be wrong here but I think the Bears don't have either a first or a second round pick. So it'll be tough.

I would strengthen what we have now. The only caveat being if there's a stud to replace Amos:

* DL
* OL
* LB
* S
* RB

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to see how free agency plays out, who leaves, who stays, who Pace brings in, etc. If we simply freeze the roster as it currently stands, I think our primary need in terms of position would hover between the OL and RB. OL because we're not too deep beyond our starting 5, Massie is in his walk year, and whatever our long term plan is with Long. So a few things to go over with the line. Then, as many of us are now suspecting, if Howard is no longer in the picture, I have to think the RB spot becomes a major need - again, assuming it's not addressed in free agency.

Pace did a great job this past offseason, but he also had plenty of $$$ to play with, plus he had more draft picks. Not going to be the same this year with either situation. He'll really have to earn his salary this go around.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't we have Grudens 2nd next year?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't we have Grudens 2nd next year?

We have their 2020 2nd rounder. Yeah we don't pick til round 3 in 2019. Kind of a bummer because I love watching the draft.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have their 2020 2nd rounder. Yeah we don't pick til round 3 in 2019. Kind of a bummer because I love watching the draft.
Same here. In theory, we could not even bother watching opening night of the draft, since they only go thru round 1. However, that Pace character is a sneaky feller. He might just try to parlay those two 2020 2nd round picks into a late 1st rounder if there is a player he's targeted and is still available. So I may just watch the draft that first night anyway, if for no other reason than the hell of it.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. In theory, we could not even bother watching opening night of the draft, since they only go thru round 1. However, that Pace character is a sneaky feller. He might just try to parlay those two 2020 2nd round picks into a late 1st rounder if there is a player he's targeted and is still available. So I may just watch the draft that first night anyway, if for no other reason than the hell of it.

Hmm,interesting thought......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ol
Rb

And to tell you the truth.....Im betting we get one of those when Free agency opens up....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having many draft picks does not bother me to much. We have plenty of young talent to develop that we can live without a full draft. It could even help in the sense of developing the talent already here.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ol
Rb

And to tell you the truth.....Im betting we get one of those when Free agency opens up....
Bears do not have much cap room especially with the group they need to re sign. Amos & Callahan come to mind. But it is way early to think this through

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
primary need in terms of position would hover between the OL and RB. ....So a few things to go over with the line. Then, as many of us are now suspecting, if Howard is no longer in the picture, I have to think the RB spot becomes a major need
Hate to disagree but I don't think Howard is going anywhere.
He plays on 60% of the offensive snaps. (That's 14th among all NFL RB.)
While he isn't getting the amount of touches to satisfy fans, he is a good blocking back. He does help protect Trubs.
(I would think Trubisky's development is more important than Howard getting touches.)
Plus he's cheap, not even making $700K this year.
Would a new RB change Nagy's offense? My opinion says no. Nagy wants to pass.

As to the question BS posed, I would try trading Howard to a RB-needy team for a WR1. I wouldn't blame you for dropping him (as I own him too). But he won't stay on waivers long.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to disagree but I don't think Howard is going anywhere.
He plays on 60% of the offensive snaps. (That's 14th among all NFL RB.)
While he isn't getting the amount of touches to satisfy fans, he is a good blocking back. He does help protect Trubs.
(I would think Trubisky's development is more important than Howard getting touches.)
Plus he's cheap, not even making $700K this year.
Would a new RB change Nagy's offense? My opinion says no. Nagy wants to pass.

As to the question BS posed, I would try trading Howard to a RB-needy team for a WR1. I wouldn't blame you for dropping him (as I own him too). But he won't stay on waivers long.
Well hopefully it's a friendly disagreement. LOL. Seriously, I have absolutely zero against Howard personally. He could have been very disruptive with his continual decline in playing time, but he's been nothing but a total team player. He just seems out of place in Nagy's offense. Now maybe things will change as we hit the cold weather these next three games and he'll be a bigger factor. But I just don't see him wearing a Bears uniform next year. Going on nothing more than a hunch.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A WR1 for Howard? There is no snowball chance in hell anyone would give up a WR1 for Howard. If they did of course you jump on it. I would be thrilled to get a 3rd rounder for Howard.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A WR1 for Howard? There is no snowball chance in hell anyone would give up a WR1 for Howard. If they did of course you jump on it. I would be thrilled to get a 3rd rounder for Howard.
Is this a dynasty league?

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would try to trade Howard for a pick, then possibly spend our 3rd rounder on a more dynamic back to pair with Cohen.

I definitely think Pace will need to grab another talent on the OL. Assume Coward takes over for Massie and who knows what'll happen with Kyle Long. We're thin there and need some talent to develop there.

Outside of that, a replacement for Amos would be a good look, and drafting a d linemen with upside is never a bad idea.