• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next HC?

If you were the GM who would you hire as the next HC?

• Total voters

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harbaugh was really on their radar, they wouldn't be still in search of a President of football operations or GM!
Or they could be doing the same thing Snyder did. Giving the people they hire the title that comes with a job, but not the power/responsibility. Everything I've seen points to the Harris group looking for a president of football operations and a HC, but no GM. Not saying that's what they are doing, but who knows?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they could be doing the same thing Snyder did. Giving the people they hire the title that comes with a job, but not the power/responsibility. Everything I've seen points to the Harris group looking for a president of football operations and a HC, but no GM. Not saying that's what they are doing, but who knows?
The way Harris runs the 76ers, he has Morey as the President of Basketball Operations, but make no mistake he's the real GM no matter what title Elton Brand has. Morey drafts and makes trades.

Harris does seem like the guy to tell his GM what general direction he wants to go in. Tanking (trust the process)

I have no doubt he was instrumental in Sweat and Chase being gone. I don't think he wanted to double down on what Ron built.

If they want to swipe Peters, they will probably have to give him a title like that to get him, so it doesn't appear like a lateral move.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope its Johnson

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope its Johnson
I go back and forth. One day I'm Johnson. One day I'm Slowik, then MacDonald. Then I see Harbaugh win a NT and has won everywhere he's been.

I just hope they get the GM hire right.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go back and forth. One day I'm Johnson. One day I'm Slowik, then MacDonald. Then I see Harbaugh win a NT and has won everywhere he's been.

Im Johnson on offense, if we went defense, I would go Quinn b/c of HC experience.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im Johnson on offense, if we went defense, I would go Quinn b/c of HC experience.
If we go defense, I want to give MacDonald a shot. Quinn is very good though.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with you for once:thumb:
I have changed my mind to Vrabel.

This organization needs stability and leadership.

Vrabel was sabatoged by poor front office decisions, not coaching.

My concern with Vrabel is what his offensive game would be.

Same with Johnson, what is his defensive game plan.

If he wants to hire Martindale or weaver...Johnson would be lethal.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good point but i think he will go to the PAts for HC
Bellichek I still the head coach.

If the raiders or Chargers offer Vrabel the job, he will take it. Bellichek is going to do what he wants to do. They will have to fire him.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's never lost anywhere. Stanford, San Francisco, Michigan. His winning percentage in the NFL is basically the equivalent of going
12-4/12-5 every year.
Being a Niner fan, we got to see Harbaugh operate for several years. There is no denying that he is a great HC. What is even better is that he attracts top level assistants. That is a very underrated trait imo.
Harbaugh will want complete control. He'll wanna be the HC, GM n water boy.
This was one of his biggest rubs in SF. He butted heads with the GM and the owner. He wanted more control that he was getting. It was a mixed bag. Some of the players he reportedly wanted were out of the league in a couple of years, but other players he wanted tormented the Niners for years afterward after we didn't draft/sign them.
good point but i think he will go to the PAts for HC
I agree. Vrabel to the Pats makes too much sense. Hell, there will be other teams dying to hire Vrabel imo, so NE still has 2 big jobs ahead of them--first they have to part ways with Bill (which for some stupid reason, still haven't done) and then to convicnce Vrabel to come to a team that has a QB issue (like the one he just left)

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellichek I still the head coach.

If the raiders or Chargers offer Vrabel the job, he will take it. Bellichek is going to do what he wants to do. They will have to fire him.

yeah for now. I think Jim Har goes to LAC.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have changed my mind to Vrabel.

This organization needs stability and leadership.

Vrabel was sabatoged by poor front office decisions, not coaching.

My concern with Vrabel is what his offensive game would be.

Same with Johnson, what is his defensive game plan.

If he wants to hire Martindale or weaver...Johnson would be lethal.
i,d b all in if vrabel became hc,i just think he,s more ;ikely to end up in ne and harbaugh in san diego if he leaves um.i want peters 100 percent as gm.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Niner fan, we got to see Harbaugh operate for several years. There is no denying that he is a great HC. What is even better is that he attracts top level assistants. That is a very underrated trait imo.

This was one of his biggest rubs in SF. He butted heads with the GM and the owner. He wanted more control that he was getting. It was a mixed bag. Some of the players he reportedly wanted were out of the league in a couple of years, but other players he wanted tormented the Niners for years afterward after we didn't draft/sign them.

I agree. Vrabel to the Pats makes too much sense. Hell, there will be other teams dying to hire Vrabel imo, so NE still has 2 big jobs ahead of them--first they have to part ways with Bill (which for some stupid reason, still haven't done) and then to convicnce Vrabel to come to a team that has a QB issue (like the one he just left)
Harbaugh always seems to wear out his welcome right?

Stanford
49ers
Michigan

Looks like year 3 is where things go south.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh always seems to wear out his welcome right?

Stanford
49ers
Michigan

Looks like year 3 is where things go south.
I think he was climbing the ladder early on, so moving on every few years wasn't a bad sign imo. So he moved up quickly. SD to Stanford and then on to SF. His time in SF ended b/c of friction with the FO and ownership and his demands for more power. And now he's been UM's HC for like 8 or 9 years now? That "he wears out his welcome in 3 years" narrative might not be accurate anymore, though he is still known as being abrasive.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't leave out Quinn

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is but which of these three is most like Maye:

Williams,
Daniels
Penix

This includes body type.
Far as body type, none of them. Not really.

Penix 6'3" 216 - and as dynamic as he looked against Texas. He just looked like an injury waiting to happen, kinda frail n hesitant against Michigan. Couldn't find much on Penix's play against top ranked teams, below is his record against big 10 schools when he was at Indiana.

Penix Jr. has an impressive win-loss record during his Indiana tenure, finishing 13-5 in Big Ten games as the starter, including 1-0 against Michigan.

2019: 5-1
2020: 6-1
2021: 2-3

Daniels 6'4" 210 - his college stats are pretty nice till his sr year. Those numbers are insane, but that also gives me pause. Did it finally all click for Daniels his sr year or was it a flash in the pan year. Looked for his w/l record against top teams. This what I could find.

Williams 6'1" 220 - even at 6'1" he most resembles Maye imo due to his bulk. Considered by many the best QB is this draft and maybe even a generational talent. And while that may be true. far as Willaims skill-set. It didn't translate against top tier oppenents. How much does thar fall on Williams n how much falls on HC Lincoln Riley. With his complete disdain n ignoring of fielding even a half-ass decent defense is anyone's gurss.

#21 Texas (W)
@#13 Balor (L)
@#7 Ok State (L)
#14 Oregon (W) Alamo Bowl

@20 Utah (L)
@#16 UCLA (W)
#15 Notre Dame (W)
#11 Utah (L) PAC 12 Championship
#16 Tulane (L) Cotton Bowl

@#21 Notre Dame (L)
#14 Utah (L)

Trying to find numbers for Maye against top ranked teams proved a little more difficult than than the others. From what I did gather I'll just say. W/L records against top teams didn't look good.

Oh by the way.

What happened to Bo Nix. He seems to fallen off everyone's radar.

Marvin Harrison - he's receiving crazy hype. I heard someone say he'll be Randy Moss w/o the attitude. First off, attitude is a huge reasson why Randy Moss was Randy Moss. And a Randy Moss w/o attitude is akin to a unicorn. Only existing in the minds of fantasy football players.