• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Nugget Paul Millsap...Can't believe it

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$30M of cap space in each of at least the next two years is a bit more than nothing, especially for a 32 year old that has already peaked and is likely on the downside of his career.

He still has value, and they didn't break the bank to get him. Is he overpaid? Most definitely. But he fills a void, a role. Nothing wrong with that if you can use the player. They aren't counting on him to be an all star.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your comeback has to involve the Lakers? We're talking about how shitty your team is not ours. Additionally, Clarkson is also better than any guard both the Pacers and Nuggets have.

But feel free to continue down this road - you'll only get laughed off this board again just like your last breakdown.

You're the one that pissed and moaned on another thread that "the Pacers were too arrogant to take on the Lakers' players". And now you turn around and claim the Nuggets don't have any good guards?:doh:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still has value, and they didn't break the bank to get him. Is he overpaid? Most definitely. But he fills a void, a role. Nothing wrong with that if you can use the player. They aren't counting on him to be an all star.

Exactly. What are the Nuggets supposed to do, play dead? With the improvements that OKC and Minnesota especially made, we needed to add some veteran leadership to continue last season's progress. It's not like Denver doesn't have any other big men to potentially use in the event of a possible decline in Millsap's production.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Lakers were the ones who fucked up :rolleyes2:

Let's see here...No 2018 first rounders regardless of where they finish. And when OKC wins 50-55 games next season and Westbrook and George commit long-term, then the Lakers will have really fucked up.:clap:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but this is an absolute waste

I was looking forward to Millsap joining a team where he could have made a real difference

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but this is an absolute waste

I was looking forward to Millsap joining a team where he could have made a real difference

Please elaborate. Where would that place be in your mind?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please elaborate. Where would that place be in your mind?

The Cavs?

OKC as an awesome 3rd piece (they had the cap space)

No offense, I just dont see Denver as a team thats "close"

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one that pissed and moaned on another thread that "the Pacers were too arrogant to take on the Lakers' players". And now you turn around and claim the Nuggets don't have any good guards?:doh:

Harris is very good, but I've never been a Mudiay fan, Murray is unproven, Jameer is ancient, etc.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs?

OKC as an awesome 3rd piece (they had the cap space)

No offense, I just dont see Denver as a team thats "close"

Well unless you're Golden State, no one is really too close anyway. And the Cavs don't have any money.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris is very good, but I've never been a Mudiay fan, Murray is unproven, Jameer is ancient, etc.

Fair enough, but both Murray and Mudiay are young enough, talented enough, mature enough, and work hard enough to become better players and gain more of a defined role in this offense.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milsap could have joined the Spurs if he wanted a legit shot at winning. His focus, at his age, is on getting that money........good for him.

I'm actually curious to see if the Spurs make a move. That kinda have to given what's happened in the west.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milsap could have joined the Spurs if he wanted a legit shot at winning. His focus, at his age, is on getting that money........good for him.

I'm actually curious to see if the Spurs make a move. That kinda have to given what's happened in the west.

Paul Millsap is like Vince Carter. He's got too much integrity just to go blatantly chasing rings.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Millsap is like Vince Carter. He's got too much integrity just to go blatantly chasing rings.

Wait I thought integrity meant caring about winning over money. Did it change somehow?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would you just shut the fuck about George? From the moment you said you hope George gets injured all of your comments are out of nothing but hatred because he's no longer a Pacer.

Last edited:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you just shut the fuck about George? From the moment you said you hope George gets injured all of your comments are out of nothing but hatred because he's no longer a Pacer.

Last I checked this thread has nothing to do with George. Good talk then.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait I thought integrity meant caring about winning over money. Did it change somehow?

Is that why LeBron James faced such a backlash for his "Decision" fiasco? That was seven years ago, dude. It's not something that changed recently.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why LeBron James faced such a backlash for his "Decision" fiasco? That was seven years ago, dude. It's not something that changed recently.

Um, no that's not why. That's got nothing to do with what you said. You said something stupid, which was that taking less money to win a ring showed a lack of integrity. As if David West leaving millions on the table so he can contribute to winning a championship is somehow a bad thing. In fact players get shit all the time for just caring about getting paid over winning (Carmelo, etc). So which is it?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no that's not why. That's got nothing to do with what you said. You said something stupid, which was that taking less money to win a ring showed a lack of integrity. As if David West leaving millions on the table so he can contribute to winning a championship is somehow a bad thing. In fact players get shit all the time for just caring about getting paid over winning (Carmelo, etc). So which is it?

I didn't realize Carmelo stayed in New York for money. I always thought it was an attempt to finish some unfinished business and to not uproot his kids. That's just me, though. Yes, I bashed for how he left Denver (which is how I became a Nuggets fan), but that came on the heels of the LeBron thing and while Coach Karl had just returned to the court from cancer treatment.

With the money teams are giving out these days, shit, who wouldn't want to chase that unless maybe you're a veteran (like West) on his last legs and just wants to win?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize Carmelo stayed in New York for money. I always thought it was an attempt to finish some unfinished business and to not uproot his kids. That's just me, though. Yes, I bashed for how he left Denver (which is how I became a Nuggets fan), but that came on the heels of the LeBron thing and while Coach Karl had just returned to the court from cancer treatment.

With the money teams are giving out these days, shit, who wouldn't want to chase that unless maybe you're a veteran (like West) on his last legs and just wants to win?

Agreed, so do you retract your comment about Millsap and Carter for its silliness?

Isn't Carter on his last legs? Why doesn't he want to win like West? He hasn't won a ring...