• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New GM & Head Coach

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Raiders are interviewing Del Rio Sunday eh?? Rumors out there of the staff he could put together..
HC Del Rio.. OC Koetter.. DC Smith.. That's a very good staff!! It all comes down to who can get the better staff!! Even TS!! Who can you get baby??

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,706.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The focus here on this thread seems to be Holmgren and Harbaugh. If I were a Raider's fan, I wouldn't be looking so much toward either of these guys. Harbaugh is pretty much on his way to Michigan and Holmgren is going to cost way too much and he's been out of caoching for quite awhile.

Rex Ryan has already visited San Fran and interviewed there, Mike Smith has lost the ear of the young players in the league and is old news, and Jon Gruden is not leaving the ESPN gig.

The names you ought to be focusing on are from the following list: Todd Bowles, DC, Cardinals, Dan Quinn, OC, Seahawks, Darrell Bevel, DC, Seahawks (coached the #1 defense), Josh McDaniels, OC, New England Patriots, Gary Kubiak, out of football, Mike Singletary, out of football, Kevin Greene, LB coach/assistant DC Green Bay, Adam Gase, and Teryl Austin both assistant coaches.

These are the guys that are the next wave of NFL HCs and there are a couple that have HC experience. If Mark Davis is smart this time around, he won't chase memories but be bold like his dad and seek out a young aggressive innovator. There is a number of those on the above list. Don't be surprised if one or more of these guys end up a HC in the various teams around the NFL including the Raiders that now have HC vacancies.

I want Del Rio currently, but Singletary and Kubiak would also be good hires imo.

Fuck McDaniels right in his pussy.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ, BW is saying Del Rio wants the gig so bad!! That's music to my ears baby.. The Raiders are the best gig opened.. Suddenly all those GOOD coaches want the Raider gig!! Me like that.. But we need to move quick!!
Trestman is still out there!! That would be a major score as OC!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders will also have the number 2 guy on NFL.Com Power rankings coming in to interview as well..
Todd Bowles.. Imagine the D that guy would give us?? Bowles = Chip Kelly of Ds!! Hybrid cutting edge D!!
Man the Cards have a good staff!! That's what we NEED!! A beast coaching staff!! We need to play modern football.. Get on the train, or get ran over!! Carr gives us the ticket to get on that train!! But who will the driver be?? Be it Del Rio, Bowls, Shurmur, Bevell, TS or whoever.. We just NEED to get it right!!

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders will also have the number 2 guy on NFL.Com Power rankings coming in to interview as well..
Todd Bowles.. Imagine the D that guy would give us?? Bowles = Chip Kelly of Ds!! Hybrid cutting edge D!!
Man the Cards have a good staff!! That's what we NEED!! A beast coaching staff!! We need to play modern football.. Get on the train, or get ran over!! Carr gives us the ticket to get on that train!! But who will the driver be?? Be it Del Rio, Bowls, Shurmur, Bevell, TS or whoever.. We just NEED to get it right!!

Nice to have choices, that says a ton about the new perception of coming to Oakland, that has been missing for so long, I am stoked.

I wanted JDR last time around but likely he wasn't interested with our state of affairs, now I want the best talent we can hire, like I said, nice to have choices, and I think ultimately it comes down to who works best to our strengths, if that is Jack, or maybe an O guy, our fortunes are finally turning around and this will be a huge piece of our puzzle.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,706.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it's just for the OC position.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it DJ.. Its like being a boss, and posting up a job bid.. Never take the first guy, but interview as many people as you can, then pick the best one.. Linehan would make a good OC!! But might have to out bid JJ for him..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,706.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Sparano sticks around in some capacity.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, if TS don't get the Raider gig?? Hopefully we keep him as OL coach..
Well, it looks like Hue Jackson could get Marvin Lewis Fired?? Man how sweet would it be to get Lewis as our DC!! I would make him the highest paid DC!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Mark and Reggie in Denver to interview Del Rio eh?? Looks like he can be our guy eh?? Not bad at all if they bag him!! But now to the important hire if they bag him!! Who will be his OC?? Anybody??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Del Rio would be a decent hire for you guys. He is not that big name guy but can help stabilize things for the team. I don't see him being good enough to help lead the team to the Super Bowl as he is too stubborn in his ways to be that and is just way too conservative especially as a Head Coach that he finds a way to cost a team a game or two. I like him a lot more as a DC than a HC in the NFL though.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, let's see if we get him first, then what kind of staff he could get?? Thing with JDR is, that he is well respected around the NFL and could get a very good staff.. Koetter, Trestman, Shurmur, Linehan, are some of the OCs he could get if they don't get HCing jobs.. As well as Mike Smith for DC, or anybody else he thinks would be good.. Thats what i like about him.. He could get a good staff.. And has your D top 3 right now??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, let's see if we get him first, then what kind of staff he could get?? Thing with JDR is, that he is well respected around the NFL and could get a very good staff.. Koetter, Trestman, Shurmur, Linehan, are some of the OCs he could get if they don't get HCing jobs.. As well as Mike Smith for DC, or anybody else he thinks would be good.. Thats what i like about him.. He could get a good staff.. And has your D top 3 right now??

I agree him being respected around the league definitely helps. He does have us as a top-5 defense. There are two issues that Bronco fans have with him though. The first being he really isn't that great of a schemer. He pretty much goes with the "I am gong to play a vanilla defense with very few blitzes and just make you beat us." which can work when you have the talent on defense the Broncos have but even there the better quarterbacks just tear through that kind of defense. The second and this might be the biggest one is his refusal to adjust. In games where one player is just beating us time and time again he refuses to change things to help out. So either our defense looks elite or we look terrible. There is not much middle ground for them. It is why the Patriots just tore us up earlier in the year. He didn't have a good game plan and even though they were tearing us apart he just kept doing the same thing. What is the definition of insanity again?

Now having said all that he really is a good coach. I would say his biggest asset is not so much the X's and O's of the game but in his player development. there is a reason the Broncos even with losing one of our best defensive players in Trevathan for the year hardly missed a beat when Brandon Marshall came in to replace him. This was a player cut by the Jaguars of all teams and with the Broncos actually got a vote for the All-Pro team.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some things to worry about him.. But the good thing is?? We are trying to hire him as HC and not DC.. If he was to hire say?? Smith, or another good DC.. Those guys are well respected as well, so im sure they would get to call their own D, with some input from JDR.. Now if we kept say Tarver, then JDR would make all the calls.. Everything will depend on the staff he gets.. If in fact we do hire him.. And right now he has your D playing at a SB level.. 4 man pressure, man D?? Is that what you guys play?? What style of D?? 3-4 4-3 Man, hybrid?? 5-2-4?? Seems like he gets alot of pressure with the DL..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,706.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is a free agent, right? We need to sign him!!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors that the Rat interviewed with the Raiders eh?? That would be a TRIP if true!!

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors that the Rat interviewed with the Raiders eh?? That would be a TRIP if true!!

Saw that, would like to think the interview went something like this.........

MD: Hey Mike, mind stopping in to interview with us when you're visiting the 49ers?
Rat: Sure.

Shanahan walks into Marks office....

MD: Hey Rat, whats up?
Rat: uhhh, just here for the interview
MD: Yeah but first I have something my Dad wanted me to give you.
Rat: Oh, finally going to pay me the money he owed me?
(Mark turns around and bends over and moons Shananan)
MD: Now get the fuck outta my office!!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me Roaring with that comment PopRock!! Funny Sheet dude.. Truth is, The Rat sees Carr as his meal ticket back to glory!! Only a QB would get the Rat to come back to Oakland!! I wonder what Marty Ball is up too?? Lol.. Man how many coaches are the Raiders talking too?? They just seem to pop up out of nowhere..
I wonder if they talked to Gus Malzahn yet, Shaw, Rex Ryan, etc??