• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New GM & Head Coach

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we learning by watching all these playoff games eh?? You NEED weapons to score alot of points is what we are learning imo.. All season long all we heard was?? We can't score points, WRs can't get open, they drop to many balls, D is on the field to long etc.. So by ALL means let's go heavy on D in the draft and FA!! SMH!! Getting a young franchise QB the weapons he needs is more important than some DT!! Can anybody out there tell me why a DT is more important, than getting your young franchise QB a true number 1 WR?? Cuz i just don't get it.. Please explain in detail why??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rex Ryan will be the next Bills coach eh?? Well, he will walk right into a top 10 D like he did in NY!! But like NY, he finds himself with out a QB!! Although if the rumors are true?? And he gets Trestman as his OC, they might be able to get some play out of Manual.. Again, the team that hits first gets the pick of the litter!!
That's what sucks playing the waiting game.. Rumors out there that its between JDR and TS for the Raider gig??
Well, if its TS, start getting a staff together before all the good ones are gone for crying out loud!!

Last edited by a moderator:

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rex Ryan will be the next Bills coach eh?? Well, he will walk right into a top 10 D like he did in NY!! But like NY, he finds himself with out a QB!! Although if the rumors are true?? And he gets Trestman as his OC, they might be able to get some play out of Manual.. Again, the team that hits first gets the pick of the litter!!
That's what sucks playing the waiting game.. Rumors out there that its between JDR and TS for the Raider gig??
Well, if its TS, start getting a staff together before all the good ones are gone for crying out loud!!

I hear that idaho, maybe our guy is still playing?

I hate waiting, I hope that is the case.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys want JDR as HC. You don't want Linehan as HC. He is a terrible Head Coach and an even worse draft man. He might be a decent OC but not the HC. Some guys just aren't HC material and Linehan is one of them. Mike Martz is another suck-ass HC. The Rams had them both as HC and they took a Superbowl team and ran into the ground in about 7 years.

JDR fits the Raiders and if the Raiders land both Suh and RGIII, Del Rio will immensely improve the Raiders in three years or less working with RM and MD. He's your guy IMO.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya FlaRaider, Raiders might be waiting on the winner and loser of this game.. JDR and Pep Hamilton the young phenom OC from the Colts.. Let's see what happens after today!! We will see alot more rumors popping up after today..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya RetroRams, Most of the members from this board are Pro JDR.. I like him as well, but im more open to an O minded coach as well.. Shurmur who i think is ready for another shot at HC.. I also like Pep, and Bevell as well..
Im not sure anybody wants Linehan as our coach.. But in the end i will support whoever we pick as HC..

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not a fan of any of the candidates really. nobody is the superstar hire as mark davis suggested he wanted. del rio may be the best of the bunch. maybe its some behind the scenes disinterest but rex ryan it appears was never considered.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you idahoraiderfan. Shurmur may be ready for another HC shot but I believe that if you want to keep this train on its present set of tracks (and you do) you don't want to risk another bad HC and JDR is the more sure bet of the two.

I could def see JDR as HC and Shurmur as OC. We also had Shurmur as an OC and he was not very good but has since improved. You def do not want Linehan. He just sucks. Period. Nope, the FO wants solid dependable people who can keep this train moving in the direction that MD and RM have it presently going. I firmly JDR is the man and the Raiders are waiting on the outcome of today's game to make it official.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Reggie officially kept his job for 2015? In early December there were reports he would evaluated possibly let go after the season. Haven't heard anything. Its been pretty publicly reported that this is going to be mark's hire not reggies. They brought in John madden to sit in on a few of the interviews. Reggie it appears doesn't have much trust. So again has he secured being brought back?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, that GM that built the Niners was offered a job by Mark, and that dude said he wanted the GM job, So mark told him to kicks rocks i got my GM!! Young foundation players, 70M in cap, and one of the better places to coach now days.. Ya let's fire the guy that gave us that.. Reggie was in one place interviewing guys while Mark was in another.. That's how you cover alot of space..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the PM era is now OVER in Denver!! PM is done!! His arm is SHOT!! Not even PED's would bring that arm back!! Now it comes down to?? Will they fire FOX?? And try to keep JDR?? Cuz Gase to me is not the OC, well maybe in name only.. If PM retires?? Which he should!! Go out on top and not like some punched out boxer!! Do they keep JDR??

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Del Rio come to Oakland!!!

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it most likely is del rio. id like to see them bring in a proven offensive coordinator. adam gase comes to mind but sounds like he will get reeled into a head coach position

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawakami: Looking like status quo for Raiders leadership - Inside Bay Area

nice view here. reporter suggesting raiders still aren't being considered by top notch coaches. good point is should reggie be let go in the future its likely any coaches are also let go and new GM hires who he wants. not sure how much harbaugh considered oakland. looking ahead to draft and free agency...hard to imagine more than 5 wins next season.

another thing is mark davis maybe over his head? he's said to be learning on the fly since his fathers death.
much like the situation for the lakers. but id say in comparison reggie is nowhere near GM the lakers have. id like to know that mark will fix situation if he's part of reason. sell the team, hire a big name GM and give him control. in the end it won't surprise me much if davis sells team at some point.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Del Rio will be a good HC if we get him.. Real good!! But for some reason, i just can't shake the feeling that Shurmur would take Carr;s game to the next level!! Make no mistake, 2015 starts and ends with Carr!!
A HC is only as good as the QB he has!! History proves that, and the future will prove that as well..
Now, JDR will be a great hire!! But suddenly the OC would be one of the most important hires in recent Raider memory!! Carr was born to play an AR style of game!! Let's not handicap his game!!
Again, i welcome JDR with open arms if that's our guy?? We Just better make SURE Carr has the coaches and TOOLS he needs, cuz it starts and ends at QB..

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Del Rio will be a good HC if we get him.. Real good!! But for some reason, i just can't shake the feeling that Shurmur would take Carr;s game to the next level!! Make no mistake, 2015 starts and ends with Carr!!
A HC is only as good as the QB he has!! History proves that, and the future will prove that as well..
Now, JDR will be a great hire!! But suddenly the OC would be one of the most important hires in recent Raider memory!! Carr was born to play an AR style of game!! Let's not handicap his game!!
Again, i welcome JDR with open arms if that's our guy?? We Just better make SURE Carr has the coaches and TOOLS he needs, cuz it starts and ends at QB..

That's what an OC & even QB coach are for. Not the HC. Bring in Gannon or Warner to work with Carr. Even if just in training camp.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me twisted RaiderZar.. I welcome JDR.. Heck he could be the best coach we have had since Gruden??
What im thinking is?? How much input would he have in calling what type of O we will RUN??
JDR is old school.. 4-3 man D, and power RUN football.. The 4-3 is the best D you can play when you have the players for it imo.. A pure Power RUN game don't work anymore in todays game.. You need to score 30 points a game if you want to get to the playoffs.. And you only do that with great QB play.. You don't hitch a wagon to a player like Carr.. That's my only worry with JDR.. With JDR our D will be good, but that don't mean you will WIN.. How many points we score will.. And that's were the style of play and OC come into play..
Again, i welcome JDR with open arms!! He would be a GREAT hire!! With an OC running a wide open Pass and Run attack!! JDR HC.. Shurmur OC.. Smith\ Tarver DC!! Or Trestman!! We need a beast OC!! So Del Rio can just focus on the team as a whole!! IF he is our guy?? He is flying in for another interview.. And yes i like Tarver, and would be ok with him learning under Del Rio..

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me twisted RaiderZar.. I welcome JDR.. Heck he could be the best coach we have had since Gruden??
What im thinking is?? How much input would he have in calling what type of O we will RUN??
JDR is old school.. 4-3 man D, and power RUN football.. The 4-3 is the best D you can play when you have the players for it imo.. A pure Power RUN game don't work anymore in todays game.. You need to score 30 points a game if you want to get to the playoffs.. And you only do that with great QB play.. You don't hitch a wagon to a player like Carr.. That's my only worry with JDR.. With JDR our D will be good, but that don't mean you will WIN.. How many points we score will.. And that's were the style of play and OC come into play..
Again, i welcome JDR with open arms!! He would be a GREAT hire!! With an OC running a wide open Pass and Run attack!! JDR HC.. Shurmur OC.. Smith\ Tarver DC!! Or Trestman!! We need a beast OC!! So Del Rio can just focus on the team as a whole!! IF he is our guy?? He is flying in for another interview.. And yes i like Tarver, and would be ok with him learning under Del Rio..

i agree thats why im not high on del rio. maybe as a DC. think you have to get a top flight offensive guru. still comes down to getting quality players in free agency and draft. also as im typing this just saw john fox is out as head coach in denver..have to factor in del rio maybe would want the denver head coaching job.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders NEED to move fast!! I hope the Donks hire Gase as HC!! But no way is Elway that stupid!!
Trojan, i think the Raiders get the right OC to match with Del Rio, if we get him.. Wide OPEN RUN and PASS Attack baby!!