• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New GM & Head Coach

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOR the record.. The RAT can kick rocks!! For all i care.. Let's just get the best coaches we can, and move on with our offseason programs!! Try to get Suh, Cobb, Maclin, and draft Cooper!! Fill in the rest of the roster, and get ready to play ball..

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MD: Hey Rat, whats up?
Rat: uhhh, just here for the interview
MD: Yeah but first I have something my Dad wanted me to give you.
Rat: Oh, finally going to pay me the money he owed me?
(Mark turns around and bends over and moons Shananan)
MD: Now get the fuck outta my office!!!

So basically even long after Shanahan is no longer the HC of the Broncos the Raiders are still taking it up the a$$ from him! :pound:

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to admit it would be pretty fucking weird to see Shanarat back on the Raider SL. Aside from that I have always had issues w the way he has sacrificed players to achieve his ends, not that he didn't have some success doing it. He had a pretty strong rep as a RB killer before he went to Wash and basically let RGIII put his career in jeopardy, there should have been a point where he sat him before he ran around the field on one leg, same ol Shanny.

Holmgren says he's out, probably not a bad thing, I pretty much felt that was the case.

JDR could be the guy, however, if he is not able to adjust his game plans on the fly that is a pretty big drawback, one we have been dealing with for the past couple years. Maybe as HC that won't be as big an issue if he makes the right hires at OC and DC.

Word is the Raiders have been making the most noise and will likely pull the trigger sooner than later, which I find encouraging, make a decisive move and get the best man we can.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors that the Rat interviewed with the Raiders eh?? That would be a TRIP if true!!

Shanahan.
That would be a fucked up hire.
He's failed miserably, he undercuts his QBs (McNabb, RGIII), and runs his players into the ground.
The game has passed him by and his temperment is toxic.

I think Del Rio makes the most sense.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan.
That would be a fucked up hire.
He's failed miserably, he undercuts his QBs (McNabb, RGIII), and runs his players into the ground.
The game has passed him by and his temperment is toxic.

I think Del Rio makes the most sense.

He met with BUFF too. He won't be our coach. I GUAR-AN-TEE!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully you are right RaiderZar.. Im thinking Del Rio might be the target!! And thats who im leaning too.. He always has top rated Ds, and the staff he could put together would be VERY good!! In fact, other than the Rat, he could get the best staff.. Im thinking coaching staff as a whole, and NOT just the HC..
Del Rio.. Trestman\ Koetter.. Mike Smith!! That's hitting it out of the park man!! But first things first!! Luck NEEDS to take care of business before all the good coaches are gone.. If indeed Del Rio is the guy??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders are going after Suh BIGTIME!! Suh said wherever my agent wants me to play, that's where i will play!! So he's open to ALL teams.. But he wants to play in a 4-3!! Enter Del Rio the 4-3 master!!
Mark and Reggie are going to out bid everybody for Suh, just watch!! Suh and ALL Rookie team player Jelly Ellis in the middle of the RAIDER D!! And Cooper with our 1st!! Need to take care of Carr Baby!! With Koetter or Trestman calling plays.. Let's see how it plays out..

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Shanahan coming back to coach the Raiders?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders are going after Suh BIGTIME!! Suh said wherever my agent wants me to play, that's where i will play!! So he's open to ALL teams.. But he wants to play in a 4-3!! Enter Del Rio the 4-3 master!!
Mark and Reggie are going to out bid everybody for Suh, just watch!! Suh and ALL Rookie team player Jelly Ellis in the middle of the RAIDER D!! And Cooper with our 1st!! Need to take care of Carr Baby!! With Koetter or Trestman calling plays.. Let's see how it plays out..

I hope the Raiders get him, that'd be pretty sweet.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar, John Madden sat in that interview with the RAT.. So you know the Rat is in play.. He wants to coach Carr!! And the Raiders want the best money can buy to coach him up.. Let's see if the hate is to much to overcome.. On another note?? The Word out there is the Raiders are all in on trying to get Suh!! Money will not be the problem!! I should get insider money!! Lmao!! Whats messing everything up is, JDR is still in the playoffs!! And could be till the SB.. Will the Raiders wait for him?? Its what it comes down too..

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar, John Madden sat in that interview with the RAT.. So you know the Rat is in play.. He wants to coach Carr!! And the Raiders want the best money can buy to coach him up.. Let's see if the hate is to much to overcome.. On another note?? The Word out there is the Raiders are all in on trying to get Suh!! Money will not be the problem!! I should get insider money!! Lmao!! Whats messing everything up is, JDR is still in the playoffs!! And could be till the SB.. Will the Raiders wait for him?? Its what it comes down too..

Best we can hope for is that the Donks lose to the Colts 10 - 9. JDR's D scores the only TD & adds a safety. Then, we have him locked up my noon Monday. :nod:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now its the waiting game eh?? Who are we going to get?? Could we be waiting on Pep, Bevell, or JDR??
Seems like nobody is making any moves on the coaching front.. The team that hits first, that HC would get his pick of coaches that are out there!! Rolling dice when playing that waiting game..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, so Jason Cole is throwing sheet at the wall eh?? Smh.. I would counter that fool, by saying its cuz of RM that we could get some pretty good coaching.. Young foundation players, 7oM in cap, All the power the HC would want over his staff, style of play etc.. Any fool can throw sheet at the wall, and we must remember that..
And and who are ALL these Vet coaches that are turning us down?? The Rat?? I ain't heard sheet from him yet, you?? Heck The Raider Media and Fan base melted down over just interviewing the guy!! JDR, is the other Vet we interviewed, and word has it he wants the gig pretty bad.. Again any fool can throw sheet at the wall..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he isn't throwing crap against the wall here. I have heard before about the FO structure though being a bit different as Al Davis never liked to be like anybody else. I'm guessing when RM came into the picture some of that was changed but my guess is some of it is still in place. I mean just look at the last 10 years of drafting for the Raiders and it is pretty easy to see that they played by their own rules when it came to FA and the draft. So I don't think this guy is too far off that an old school coach like a Mike Shanahan would have some reservations about joining this staff. At the same time it does sound like Del Rio wants the job pretty bad. I think if the Broncos lose this weekend on Monday or Tuesday he is announced as the new Raiders HC. I do wonder though if the Broncos make it to the Super Bowl can the Raiders wait long enough to get him? Same with many of these guys like Dan Quinn of the Seahawks or Josh McDaniels of the Patriots. The longer some of these power house teams go the less chance they actually have of being the next HC at a lot of these places. You are right the first coach that gets hired gets their pick of the litter when it comes to coordinators. Can a team really afford to wait because honestly I would say it is almost more important who the coordinators are more so than the coach since they have more influence on the group they are coaching.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing cd.. The great AL Davis is no longer with us, so doing things the old way is no longer in play for the Raiders..We now march forward toward the future.. Mark values coaching, and hired a GM that's making good picks.. We are now like other teams, ya i know that's weird but it is what it is..
You want know which is the bad job?? The Niners!! They just fired one of the best coaches in football!! Over some ego trip?? Old roster, with one read QB, and alot of players busted for r*pe, bombings, guns, hitting women, etc!! Man it would be fun to see the ego driven Shanny coaching that team!! And yet we hear nothing about all the problems that team has..
Oh, and JDR is one of the best coach out there right now!! Great D mind, well respected and could get a top notch coaching staff.. And he wants to be the Raider coach!! Looks like Cats like Jason Cole, should write about were the real story is at, the Whiners!!

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing about Del rio he would be the 2nd defensive coordinator from denver. I'm not so sure the talent on defense there just doesn't make any coordinator look good.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, JDR is a self made man.. He has been in the game a long time and always had good Ds.. The Donks are just renting him, to get their D to play at a SB level.. Although some rumors out there, that if the Donks lose?? Fox could be out and either Gase or JDR would be the next man up.. That could be a smoke screen to scare us off, and make us look for someone else?? Whoever the coach is?? If we want to play this late in the year, we NEED to get Carr WEAPONS!!