• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New GM & Head Coach

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the speculation begin... :suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors seem to suggest McKinzie is gone and that the new HC will have a ton of say in who is in the FO. To me that seems a bit backwards as you usually like to get the GM and then have them a part of the coaching hire.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors seem to suggest McKinzie is gone and that the new HC will have a ton of say in who is in the FO. To me that seems a bit backwards as you usually like to get the GM and then have them a part of the coaching hire.

That could only work if it was a proven name. Bill cowher hasn't been mentioned but I'd like to see him get a interview atleast. Harbaugh to me is a little overhyped. I'd hire a big name gm and go from there

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the thread RaiderZar!! My favorite kind of Raider talk.. I have to agree with cd, in that the GM comes first, then the HC.. Trojan, the best GM out there would be Tom Gamble!! He has worked with JH, Chucky, Holmgren, etc.. The guy knows talent as well.. Some rumors out there have Gamble\ JH combo..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever reads my posts know i support RM and welcome him back.. He drafted our foundation, cleaned our books, and i have no doubt he would have the best draft in 2015.. The way i see it we only need a HC.. But im all in.. Let's do it.. Cha Ching for the new GM, whoever that might be.. He will WIN with RMs players though..
I only hope for two things?? Do not trade our 1st pick, and DO not get us in cap hell.. Otherwise let's do this.. Who do you guys want?? I want Jon Gruden!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RM is Marks guy.. He has supported RM all year long, said he likes the job he is doing!! Remember, he just collects talent not coach it.. The only way MD fires RM, is if he has the big fish he wants!! No way would he fire him just to fire him.. Something is fishy in Oakland..

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Holmgren would be a great fit at either Oakland or San Francisco.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Idaho your first choice just went out the window. Jon Gruden just signed an extension with ESPN that will keep him there until 2021. Now not sure he will stay that long but that almost guarantees he is there next season.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RM gets 1 more season, Dennis Allen took the fall for this season.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, why come and pee in my coffee man.. Jk.. What a bust Gruden is for doing that, he is now dead to me.. I did get a little smile though knowing Mark made ESPN jump!! Oh and i will tell you who is happy to hear that?? The Whiners.. DJ, that's what i would do, keep RM!! Whoever leaked RM could be fired messed up bigtime!! They backed us into a corner!! Stupid man!! Pee Wee league showing our cards like that.. smh

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Idaho...you know I had to be the one to report it to you. Anyway seems like Harbaugh's name is the hot one around town to a lot of teams. Heck I've heard his name for the Raiders, Bears, Dolphins, Jets, Michigan, Titans, and I'm sure others. Could be an interesting race to see who lands him.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i just bet it hurts you to report such horrid news like that to me.. SMILE.. Anyways, this is why im starting to worry.. With Gruden off the table now, MD is going to panic.. And i think the JH bidding will start with a 2nd and move its way up.. Everybody is going to want JH!! This is a high stake poker game, and the one that goes all in will get JH!! Hopefully the Whiners are stupid and just fire him?? But then you would have 6 or so Owners and some college teams fighting over him.. Setting the price at around 12 M a year!! You want JH you trade for him..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't take that much delight in it Idaho. The AFC West is just not the same without the hated Raiders being relevant. It is good for the AFC West and it is good for the NFL in general for them to be playing meaningful football this late in the season. So again I actually do hope they climb back out of the hell they have put you guys through for 12 years.

Harbaugh honestly is not the guy I would go after if I were the Raiders. Like you said it looks like a bidding war could start and if it costs you guys draft picks I just don't think he is worth it. I think there are plenty of quality guys out there that won't cost you anything beyond just a pay check. Plus throw in from what I understand after a few years Harbaugh wears out his welcome. Yes he produces winners but to me I am looking for a coach that I think can be there the next 10 years with success not just a few good years then having to start the process all over again. Plus it seems like his teams become very undisciplined off the field with him at the helm. Maybe that is just a fluke thing with the 49ers but just not sure he would be my top choice if I was a Raiders fan.

A kind of unknown guy that I would look at from the Bay Area beyond just Harbaugh is Vic Fangio. He has lost a ton of All-Pro talent this season yet still has that 49ers defense playing pretty darn good. The offense is where the trouble is for them. He could be a hot name come January.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For GM, I want a young, forward-thinking, "genius". When you find him, let me know. As for coaching, I hope TS will remain as O-line coach/asst. O Coord. It would be great to get Gannon in for the O, but I don't know if he's an x's/o's guy. Maybe Shaw would be interested. For head coach, bring in Harbaugh (not via trade) or Del Rio. I think we can keep Tarver, but let the HC decide that. We just need more talent on that side of the field. Getting Roach back would help. We could go 3-4, with Mack, Burris, Roach & Moore.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....but it would certainly be an upgrade over anything the Raiders have had in the past decade.

No doubt. I just think both have been away from the "field" too long, especially Holmgren. I could live with "The Chin". :suds:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could only work if it was a proven name. Bill cowher hasn't been mentioned but I'd like to see him get a interview atleast. Harbaugh to me is a little overhyped. I'd hire a big name gm and go from there

If we hire him I'll be pissed. He hasn't coached in a while & it's very possible the game has passed him by.

Last edited by a moderator: