• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New GM & Head Coach

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bring in Del Rio as a head coach (if we can't get Harbaugh) but doubt he leaves Denver to just be a DC.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bring in Del Rio as a head coach (if we can't get Harbaugh) but doubt he leaves Denver to just be a DC.

There is no way he would leave Denver just to take the same job in Oakland. He has said his family loves Denver and that it would take the perfect coaching situation for him to uproot his family at this point. So it is either offer him HC or you won't have him.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way he would leave Denver just to take the same job in Oakland. He has said his family loves Denver and that it would take the perfect coaching situation for him to uproot his family at this point. So it is either offer him HC or you won't have him.

Yeah, I think we're both considering him for HC only. He is a Bay Area guy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think we're both considering him for HC only. He is a Bay Area guy.

It would not surprise me if the Raiders went after him. He has HC experience, has made defenses better everywhere he goes, and is a well respected coach around the league. Biggest reason though that I don't see him going to Oakland is I just don't know how the fans would feel about a 2nd time in a row picking the Broncos DC to be the HC for the Raiders. Kind of one of those we tried that and it didn't work so why try that again?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pass on Del Rio.. cd is right, no more Denver coaches.. Im afraid Mark has no choice but to go all in with JH!! The RaiderNation expects it.. When MD came out and told the football world that he's going all in on a superstar coach, as well as the leaking of sweeping changes, im ready to SPEND BIG etc!! Its time to deliver!! There is only one true superstar coach left out there, and that's JH!! It would be a monster hit to MD, and a big blow to the franchise if he can't deliver.. Never open your mouth unless you have them in the bag!!
From Gruden, and JH to a Del Rio?? Huge let down!! We would be better off going with David Shaw!!

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NYJ are dumb enough to trade a top-5 pick for JH. No way the Raiders can do that. Only if JH can come here free of charge will he be our HC.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar, no way would i trade our 1st pick for anybody.. But the RaiderNation is set on JH, AS well as the Bay Area media.. I just hope MD don't panic and make a move like that.. Hopefully he comes here free like you said, if the 9ers cut ties with him.. Mark Davis should of never said anything, cuz now the fans and media expect him to deliver.. Strike one so far.. Whatever goes down?? I just hope we get a Offensive minded HC.. Our D is good enough to win us games right now, it's the O that needs major work..

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess it sounds like its all in on harbaugh. I'm just not sure he's this home run coach. is he top 5 top 10? IM not so sure. but at this point who's the alternative when you look at superstar head coaches..other than belichick, andy reid maybe. you have to factor in not many are going to leave good situations other than harbaugh and he's been on hot seat all year. it was rumored he would be let go even if they won Super Bowl but now that they are out of playoffs he's as good as gone. i imagine reggie decision will happen pretty quickly. if he's still around during Super Bowl week i say he stays.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like most of the Raider fan base wants to dump the build through draft.. Its to slow of a process!! Here we sit with a GM, that has given us some of the best drafts in a LONG time!! Our books are SO clean you could eat off them!! But he didn't get us 7 of the TOP 10 FA busts!! So he must go.. Hopefully we get a GM that can build us through FA!! MD better know what he's doing!! Cuz we can fall right back into that HELL HOLE we came from!! Let's just get David Shaw and keep building through the draft.. Shaw would be a GREAT hire!! Old man Willie..

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like most of the Raider fan base wants to dump the build through draft.. Its to slow of a process!! Here we sit with a GM, that has given us some of the best drafts in a LONG time!! Our books are SO clean you could eat off them!! But he didn't get us 7 of the TOP 10 FA busts!! So he must go.. Hopefully we get a GM that can build us through FA!! MD better know what he's doing!! Cuz we can fall right back into that HELL HOLE we came from!! Let's just get David Shaw and keep building through the draft.. Shaw would be a GREAT hire!! Old man Willie..

building through draft is only part of the equation. considering some of the prior building through the draft was let go. veldeheer, lamar Houston, rashard Jennings etc. not only did he not iimprove team through free agency he also let some of the better players on the team leave. in the future will we be saying since he didn't improve team enough through free agency players like kalil mack, derek carr, etc chose to seek greener fields. of the projected top 50 players in free agency for 2015 not so sure any of them wind up in Oakland.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My big question with JH is do you really want a coach coming to town that his team has pretty much said that even if he wins us a Super Bowl we still won't want him? He has been a winner everywhere he goes so that is a plus but he seems to tick off just about everybody around him including his own players.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders are certainly in a pickle here regarding their next coach as of right now. It sounds like, if this board is of any indication, there's a strong desire for a big name coach in Oakland. At what cost though seems to be the theme with just about all of them; many of whom want total control. JH is as abrasive as they come the longer he is in the league by the looks of it- or so it seems. Then there's the topic of RM and how much of the current team's problems are at his feet. Lot's of murky topics that are going to be rather interesting for me, and very important for Raider fans going forward.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, That 9er JH drama is ego driven imo.. Think Al Davis vs Gruden, JJ vs Jimmy Johnson..
Moose, you ain't seen nothing.. There's Raider boards out there that get monster hits everyday, and its all JH for the most part.. MD wants a superstar coach, so does the fan base.. And the bidding will start at around 8M a year!! Thats what Michigan put out there.. Dang!! The 9ers can't get no picks from Michigan though!! The JH drama is just starting..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, That 9er JH drama is ego driven imo.. Think Al Davis vs Gruden, JJ vs Jimmy Johnson..
Moose, you ain't seen nothing.. There's Raider boards out there that get monster hits everyday, and its all JH for the most part.. MD wants a superstar coach, so does the fan base.. And the bidding will start at around 8M a year!! Thats what Michigan put out there.. Dang!! The 9ers can't get no picks from Michigan though!! The JH drama is just starting..

Idaho I would agree except this same thing happened at Stanford if the rumors are true that by the end the university was ready for him to be gone. Fool me once shame on you but fool me twice well then shame on me kind of thing. He is known around the league as a driven and determined guy but one that is very hard to work with as he is a it is my way or the highway kind of guy. So you have to be willing to take the good with the bad in that yes he might get the franchise back to some winning ways but in 3-years are you right back here now looking for a brand new coach because he and the FO couldn't get along?

Also on the Michigan thing that could get interesting. Essentially he would just have to resign to go to Michigan. It screws the 49ers out of getting a draft pick for him which hey if the franchise was kicking me out I might want to make life hell for them in doing so. Plus I do think he fits better as a college coach. Should be fun to watch how this off season unfolds for sure.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors seem to suggest McKinzie is gone and that the new HC will have a ton of say in who is in the FO. To me that seems a bit backwards as you usually like to get the GM and then have them a part of the coaching hire.
I think McKenzie stays and hires Mike Holmgren as head coach. The Raiders are loaded with talent but need someone that knows which buttons to push.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring Harbaugh would be a huge mistake. Holmgren has a better track record.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The notion that MD either reads these boards or cares what the fans think about who the next HC is, is ridiculous. He will either decide the GM must go, make that hire, then move onto HC. If RM stays, he will have tremendous input(along with MD) as to who the next HC is. Not the fans. :yahoo:

You can bet Uncle John Madden isn't too far away, just for consultation. :suds:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guns, i would be ok with Holmgren as HC.. Holmgren and RM have a history together, heck RM called Holmgren in season to come and check out the state of the Raiders.. So that could happen..
cd, i think we can all agree that JH is a big jerk.. Can the guy coach, and turn programs around is what it comes down too??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guns, i would be ok with Holmgren as HC.. Holmgren and RM have a history together, heck RM called Holmgren in season to come and check out the state of the Raiders.. So that could happen..
cd, i think we can all agree that JH is a big jerk.. Can the guy coach, and turn programs around is what it comes down too??

The guy can coach and turn around programs. The issue becomes though will he in the end do more damage than good? My guess is bidding starts at a 1st round pick. So right there the Raiders are giving up a top-5 pick most likely to get the guy. Now given there is no guarantee with draft picks of how good or bad they will be but I just think there are some guys out there that could be good coaches that won't cost you a draft pick to get. Throw in say you give up that draft pick then Harbaugh does his usual about 3-4 years where the team is ready to see him go. To me that reminds me of when the Raiders gave up a 1st round pick to get Richard Seymour. Yes he was good for the Raiders but he was a temporary band aid that did not help set the team up for the future.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar, you can bet Madden and Wolf, are both in MDs ear everyday.. Don't fire RM are what they are saying imo.. Ya know, i would rather keep RM, and let him and MD find the right HC, than to give JH GM powers.. RM and Holmgren > JH with GM powers..