• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New GM & Head Coach

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar, you can bet Madden and Wolf, are both in MDs ear everyday.. Don't fire RM are what they are saying imo.. Ya know, i would rather keep RM, and let him and MD find the right HC, than to give JH GM powers.. RM and Holmgren > JH with GM powers..

:amen:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RM gets 1 more season, Dennis Allen took the fall for this season.

Yeah but who hired Dennis Allen in the first place ?
Does that give the owner confidence that the next coaching choice will be a good one ?

I think McKenzie is gone.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders have regressed under McKenzie.

Yes, he leveraged lots of draft picks, and signed a bunch of FAs, but where is the payoff ?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKenzie has signed some very talented players but picked a weak head coach. He would be a hero if he can convince Holmgren to coach the Raiders.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but who hired Dennis Allen in the first place ?
Does that give the owner confidence that the next coaching choice will be a good one ?

I think McKenzie is gone.
You were excited about McKenzie's hiring by the Raiders a few years ago but now you're ready to throw him under the bus. It will take time to cleanup the mess left by Al Davis.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders have regressed under McKenzie.

Yes, he leveraged lots of draft picks, and signed a bunch of FAs, but where is the payoff ?

You're just stating the problem, Dole. What (who) is the solution?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Guns dude is on a roll.. And i agree with him.. Holmgren would be Da Bomb!!
cd, i bet that's what the Whiners want!! 1st round pick in the hands of a GM that knows how to use it is worth more!! I would take their 1st, 2nd, and JH for our top 5 pick..

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be just bs rumor..but its been out in the news lately that Michigan offered 6 years 50 mil to harbaugh. if that's true he has to accept that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Guns dude is on a roll.. And i agree with him.. Holmgren would be Da Bomb!!
cd, i bet that's what the Whiners want!! 1st round pick in the hands of a GM that knows how to use it is worth more!! I would take their 1st, 2nd, and JH for our top 5 pick..

See Idaho you are getting a bit unrealistic here. Gruden got the Raiders what 2 1st round picks? So that value would probably be that of your 1st round pick without them giving anything back to you. Why in the world would a team trade 2 picks and a coach for 1 pick? It just doesn't make much sense. They are losing out big time on the value as it is essentially like them giving 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for the 5th overall pick. Pretty sure they can find a better deal than that.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, we would be given them the draft rights to, Big Cat, Gregory, the best OT, and my favorite player Amari Cooper, heck who knows, maybe even Famous Jameis?? For what?? Some pick in the Mid Teens and a lower 2nd round pick?? And JH?? Heck they could lose JH for nothing if he goes to Michigan.. Our 1st pick for JH is just not worth it to me.. The picks we got for Gruden were in the 30s, ours could be Number 1 overall depending how these last two games go..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, we would be given them the draft rights to, Big Cat, Gregory, the best OT, and my favorite player Amari Cooper, heck who knows, maybe even Famous Jameis?? For what?? Some pick in the Mid Teens and a lower 2nd round pick?? And JH?? Heck they could lose JH for nothing if he goes to Michigan.. Our 1st pick for JH is just not worth it to me.. The picks we got for Gruden were in the 30s, ours could be Number 1 overall depending how these last two games go..

I understand it is not worth it to you. That is not the issue here. The issue is what will it cost to get a guy like Harbaugh with what sounds like a big bidding war between quite a few teams? If Gruden, who hadn't had the success at that time that Harbaugh has had at this time netted 2 1st round picks, then how much is it going to take to get Harbaugh. There will be some team to offer the 49ers 2 1st round picks with only Harbaugh in return. So it makes no sense on the side of the 49ers for them to trade 2 picks and Harbaugh just for 1 pick from the Raiders. This is not about getting equal value like you see in the draft where teams try to do that. This is about the 49ers maximizing value for Harbaugh while they can.

So again essentially what you are asking for is the Raiders maybe 5th overall pick for Harbaugh (let's say Valued at 2 1st round picks), 1st round pick, and 2nd round pick. The 49ers are getting hosed in that deal. This isn't Madden where you can make crazy trades.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best I could see is we trade Top-5 pick plus 2nd rounder for Whiners 1st rounder (or 2nd) plus JH. Anything beyond that, I say PASS. (something the Whiners can't seem to do).:yahoo:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon cd, we will be the one getting hosed.. Our top 5 pick for JH straight up would be crazy on our part imo..
This is a good draft with 2 QBs that can be franchise type QBs, WRs, DTs, Pass Rushers, RBs, etc.. And remember JH holds all the cards as well.. He can simply reject a trade to any team.. And word has it he wants Oakland.. He also knows that trading our top 5 pick for him straight up would cripple us!! JH would be a bad GM if he let that kind of trade go down.. Oh and BTW on Madden, i take the Whiners to the cleaners.. I take all their draft picks......... Smile..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line.. I would tell the Whiners, give us your 1st and 2nd and JH for our top 5 pick!! Or risk him going to Michigan, and you get jack.. Like i said im cool with RM and another GOOD HC and our top 5 pick..

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line.. I would tell the Whiners, give us your 1st and 2nd and JH for our top 5 pick!! Or risk him going to Michigan, and you get jack.. Like i said im cool with RM and another GOOD HC and our top 5 pick..
McKenzie has added lots of talent to this team. Now he just needs to find a head coach that can get these guys to play to the best of their ability.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,306.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the playoffs, Holmgren is at 54% and Cowher is at 57%.

G n G failed again.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading 1st/2nd round picks for JH is nuts. The Raiders are not that far away from a couple of draft picks (solid WR and O lineman) that will make them competitive. There are some very good DCs out there--Dann Quinn and Jack Del Rio--that would make excellent head coaches. I think the Raiders are really under performing based on the talent they currently have; not that they are playoff material, but I think they should have at least 5 or 6 wins this season up to this week.