• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's the New GM?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Kraft hire Ray Agnew. I remember him as a player and he'd be incredible cleaning up the offense with his background. Plus he's really done well with the Rams. He'd a perfect offensive mind balance for Jerod's defensive mindset.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is speculating because Jerod Mayo isn't saying anything.

Albert Breer of SI reports that his sources in the Patriots organization are saying that Mayo has been given "Free Reign" to build his own offensive, defensive and Special Teams staffs. That includes firing everyone or keeping anyone, including Bill O'Brien.

Mayo is reportedly looking at several top college Offensive Coordinators. If that's true, the following guys will certainly be on his list.

RYAN GRUBB, WASHINGTON HUSKIES

Grubb received heavy interest from both Alabama and Texas A&M this offseason, but he opted to stay with Washington, who recently made him one of the highest-paid assistants in the country at $2 million per year.

In his first year with the team, the Huskies led the Power Five in scoring drive percentage (58.7%) and finished third in EPA per play behind only USC and Tennessee after finishing 112th in 2021. Quarterback Michael Penix Jr. had a career resurgence, leading the Power Five in passing yards (4,641) and putting up an 88.1 passing grade that was a near-20-point improvement from his mark in 2021.

ANDY LUDWIG, UTAH UTES

The Utes have fielded a top-20 offense in EPA per play in three of Ludwig's four years as offensive coordinator. In the last two years, Utah’s offense has placed in the top 10.

Last season, Ludwig’s offense finished fifth in the country in terms of positive EPA percentage (51.7%). And before he was hired at Utah, he led Vanderbilt’s offense to a top-30 finish in EPA per play in 2018 — the Commodores’ best finish in the four years since is 97th, which came last past season.

ALEX ATKINS, FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES

Atkins was promoted to offensive coordinator this past season and was a major reason for Florida State’s turnaround.

In 2021, the Seminoles were just 71st in the country in EPA per play. The following year, they were 10th. Quarterback Jordan Travis was the highest-graded quarterback in the Power Five (91.7) and is a legit Heisman candidate next season.

Atkins was a semifinalist for the Broyles Award in 2022 and is one of the fastest-rising stars at offensive coordinator.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert Breer is also reporting that Elliot Wolfe is the front runner to be named as either Player Personnel GM over Matt Groh. Rumor is that Groh did not question anything the BB said or wanted and that did not sit well with RJK.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It has also been reported that Bengals senior personnel executive Trey Brown has been connected to the Patriots for their general manager opening since he spent three years as a scout for New England from 2010-12. He has also had interest elsewhere for GM openings with the Las Vegas Raiders requesting an interview with him recently."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that Johnathan Kraft and Jerod Mayo have been spending hour after hour together.

Curran and Perry are just shitting themselves because no one knows what's going on and Kraft and Mayo have been literally untouchable and worse for the local media............MUTE.

Looks like JK has taken his Team President title 100X more seriously now that he doesn't have to deal with BB's GM/HC contract.

Curran and Perry both are wondering if JK is becoming Jerry Jones. Hahhahhhhhhhahaaaaaaaaaaaa

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly, it appears that Gillette Stadium and the Patriots' offices have become silent.

Boston media is screeching with opinions and no facts. It's as if a warning was given that should anyone talk to the media, everyone gets shitcanned. Chris Gasper is starting his columns with, "In my unsolicited opinion or my unsolicited advice". Tom Curran has disappeared and has not been on EE or BST since Monday. Is he being smart or being shut out?

Even the daily wire services have nothing new to offer.

There are two things possible...................

1. The Patriots are sticking with Elliot Wolfe and Matt Groh as "Personnel" guys and will let them kill one another ....OR
2. The Krafts are quietly interviewing people on Facetime and/or behind closed doors and not saying anything.

Everyone started screaming at each other on BST last night. It was literally a, "My bullshit is better than your bullshit."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly, it appears that Gillette Stadium and the Patriots' offices have become silent.

Boston media is screeching with opinions and no facts. It's as if a warning was given that should anyone talk to the media, everyone gets shitcanned. Chris Gasper is starting his columns with, "In my unsolicited opinion or my unsolicited advice". Tom Curran has disappeared and has not been on EE or BST since Monday. Is he being smart or being shut out?

Even the daily wire services have nothing new to offer.

There are two things possible...................

1. The Patriots are sticking with Elliot Wolfe and Matt Groh as "Personnel" guys and will let them kill one another ....OR
2. The Krafts are quietly interviewing people on Facetime and/or behind closed doors and not saying anything.

Everyone started screaming at each other on BST last night. It was literally a, "My bullshit is better than your bullshit."
And I posted yesterday the Krafts may not hire a GM before the draft. I read it somewhere and it struck me as odd, can't imagine how that is a good idea if true.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that is where I read it
They haven't fired Wolfe or Groh. Neither has ever been a GM. Wolfe has been around and done everything but has never had the title. Groh was a personnel guy, but never had any kind of management responsibility.

The media are questioning both Krafts and are ""GUESSING"" about everything because they honestly don't know anything. Which is the way it should be considering what happens when they get any information at all.

I missed the Mayo intro. Anyone see it??

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't fired Wolfe or Groh. Neither has ever been a GM. Wolfe has been around and done everything but has never had the title. Groh was a personnel guy, but never had any kind of management responsibility.

The media are questioning both Krafts and are ""GUESSING"" about everything because they honestly don't know anything. Which is the way it should be considering what happens when they get any information at all.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did read up on Wolfe I like what I see there.

Mayo said something to the effect of the game has changed a lot since he played and that he wants leaders who can think about moving the team to today's game. I am paraphrasing but that's it in a nutshell

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did read up on Wolfe I like what I see there.

Mayo said something to the effect of the game has changed a lot since he played and that he wants leaders who can think about moving the team to today's game It was all BB's fault. I am paraphrasing but that's it in a nutshell

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice that Johnathan wasn't at the intro yesterday?

A few of the Boston media got a bit nasty because they didn't like Robert's answer. "Johnathn runs the Kraft Corporation. Something very important happened that he had to attend to."

Kraft Corporation? The younger son runs the wood side of the business. The mills and the cardboard. Johnathan has Sports side and operates the Patriots and Revolution. Is the Kraft Corporation all of the media stuff and/or separate stuff from the team operation like sponsors, canteen suppliers, etc?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice that Johnathan wasn't at the intro yesterday?

A few of the Boston media got a bit nasty because they didn't like Robert's answer. "Johnathn runs the Kraft Corporation. Something very important happened that he had to attend to."

Kraft Corporation? The younger son runs the wood side of the business. The mills and the cardboard. Johnathan has Sports side and operates the Patriots and Revolution. Is the Kraft Corporation all of the media stuff and/or separate stuff from the team operation like sponsors, canteen suppliers, etc?

Boston sports media is the fucking WORST!

I could not give less of a flying fuck that Jonathan wasn't at the intro. Like....I really really really really really don't give a fuck.

My sights are set on the new coaching staff and the draft. THAT's what the media should be discussing.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the team needs, the amount of cap money, new coach, is anyone other than me worried about how this team will handle the FA period? Manipulating the FA market seems more daunting than the draft.