• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Roster

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I don't believe Maye is a game changer without the other holes being filled. I just don't. He may not even be that good.
If I was Wolfe, I would take the best offer for a trade and work on filling the Oline and WR holes and maybe gain some draft capitol for next year as well. Play the long game. Don't draft a QB to burn out before the rest of the offense is built so you are back to looking at QB again in a couple years.
So if you trade back in round one would you take Nox in rd 2 or Penix in 3?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you trade back in round one would you take Nox in rd 2 or Penix in 3?
Depends on what picks I had and who else was available.

Maybe no QB at all, ride Brissett, Zappe and Rourke to another high pick next year. Again depending on what the haul is and who's available.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting discussions.

some interesting things on Sunday Sports on NBC Sports Boston.

Jayden Daniels.....Game films from 2023. When he dropped back, he was excellent at checking down his receivers. PROBLEM.....When he pulled the ball down, he never once left the pocket and threw a pass. He ran the ball 100% of the time. Can that pattern be broken in the NFL? Can that pattern be broken before he get driven like a pile driver? Several teams have dropped him from their top three.

Drake Maye......Continually moving up because he seems to be much more mature in his decision making with less weapons to throw to in 2023 and his accuracy improved. If this guy is available at #3 there will be a crush to get that pick. He won't be 22 until late August and the ceiling is way up there.

JJ McCarthy.......the red headed stepchild. Films of his last two college games were re-examined. His ability to get out of the pocket and his accuracy on the run is now being considered abnormal. Twice against Ohio Stae, he was chased out of the pocket. On one play he threw a thirty two yard laser between two defenders that were less than two feet apart and stuck it in the WRs chest. On a second play, he was running to his left and hit a WR in stride running parallel to him twenty six yards downfield. JJ McCarthy is moving quickly up into the top three.

Bo Nix? He'll be 24. Played five years of college football. Has all of the tools, but never had a complete team that was good enough to get him to the final goal line. He does have something that no one else has. A doctorate. The guy has a computer like brain and puts it to work on the football field.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Would you take #11, #23 and Justin Jefferson for #3 and take Bo Nix at #11 and LT Jordan Morgan at #23??

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is generational, why would he be there at #2 let alone #3?

Are we to believe there are three generational level picks at QB this year?

I hear Alt is generational as well. As is Harrison Jr. As is Bowers.

C'mon. 6 generational level talents in the 2024 Draft?

I don't buy it. I think he is a big kid with a big arm.

I didn't say he was generational. BK did. BK said he was generational and that we should trade the pick away, insuring that we don't get a generational talent QB.

I'm simply asking why anybody would trade a "generational" talent away for picks that aren't generational.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he was generational. BK did. BK said he was generational and that we should trade the pick away, insuring that we don't get a generational talent QB.

I'm simply asking why anybody would trade a "generational" talent away for picks that aren't generational.
Because no one is really sure if any of these QBs are generational. That is why I spoke of the Peyton Manning draft choice

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because no one is really sure if any of these QBs are generational. That is why I spoke of the Peyton Manning draft choice
Generational. I'm just saying it is the most over used term of the 2024 off season.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generational. I'm just saying it is the most over used term of the 2024 off season.
Not only is it overused, it rarely holds water. Peyton Manning was "generational" but didn't Brady come along just two years later? How could he have been "generational" when he was the second best of his generation.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generational talent. Good luck with. My expectation in for team to look better and compete in games. Generational talent becomes after the fact. Who would know?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only is it overused, it rarely holds water. Peyton Manning was "generational" but didn't Brady come along just two years later? How could he have been "generational" when he was the second best of his generation.
The way I read it, is like a 500 year flood.
Just because it rained so hard this year that the rivers reached the 500 years flood level doesn't mean there cannot be that much rain again next year or even same year.

Marino was a generational talent. He wasn't that much younger than Montana, another generational talent.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I read it, is like a 500 year flood.
Just because it rained so hard this year that the rivers reached the 500 years flood level doesn't mean there cannot be that much rain again next year or even same year.

Marino was a generational talent. He wasn't that much younger than Montana, another generational talent.
Montana was a generational leader, Marino a generational thrower, Manning had a generational forehead, and Brady was a generation system QB.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana was a generational leader, Marino a generational thrower, Manning had a generational forehead, and Brady was a generation system QB.
Peyton Manning What GIF by Gatorade

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As pats fans we joke about Manning, but damn was he good... But our guy was better.
I've often wondered what Manning would have done if the positions were switched.

If he ha been on a team run by Bill and had accepted less money so that the team could afford other highly rated starters, especially on defense, would he have done as well as he did? Better? Far better?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've often wondered what Manning would have done if the positions were switched.

If he ha been on a team run by Bill and had accepted less money so that the team could afford other highly rated starters, especially on defense, would he have done as well as he did? Better? Far better?

Obviously just an opinion but I feel he would not have done quite as good. The claim that Brady was a "system quarterback" is at least partially true. Brady bought into the Pats system and as he grew he amplified it. But it was his ability to work within the system and maximize it that made him great. Other than Moss, Brady never had an elite receiver. Something Manning had his entire career.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously just an opinion but I feel he would not have done quite as good. The claim that Brady was a "system quarterback" is at least partially true. Brady bought into the Pats system and as he grew he amplified it. But it was his ability to work within the system and maximize it that made him great. Other than Moss, Brady never had an elite receiver. Something Manning had his entire career.
I was going to say this but you beat me to it. PayAton also had Jeff Saturday for almost his entire career.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever seen clips of Brady at Michigan? He looked almost the same. Brady was the system and that system was pretty good. So weird that Michigan kept taking the ball away from him. A mistake BB did not repeat when Bledsoe wanted it back.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning would not have done as good as he did in Indy, or Manning would not have done as well as Tom?

My comment was comparing Manning to his own time in Indy.
It is an Impossible comparison I know.
It would require Manning to buy into the system, it would have required him to take less money so Bill could build a balanced team.
Brady didn't take less money to save the team money, he did it so other crucial players could be resigned or other vets brought in.

Manning was a GREAT QB. but he had a different mindset. A mindset that hamstrung his team.