• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Roster

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dugger has refused to sign the transition tag. If he doesn't sign it or refuses to negotiate an extension, which he has thus far, he might be part of a trade before or during the NFL Draft.

OK, time for this new FO to play hardball. Offer him a one year 7.5M guarentee with incentives up to 9.5M. He's not a top 10 Safety who are getting between 10-18M.I love him but that's reality. Otherwise he can sit out the year. They already tried giving him a multi-year he wasn't happy with.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI................................No one knows what he's looking for.

Is he looking for Franchise money? ($17.1M)

NFL's highest-paid safeties in 2024 (average salary per year):​

• 1. Chargers safety Derwin James: $19 million
  • 2. Steelers safety Minkah Fitzpatrick: $18.2 million
  • 3. Buccaneers safety Antoine Winfield, Jr.: $17.1 million
  • 4. Falcons safety Jessie Bates III: $16.01 million
  • 5. Vikings safety Harrison Smith: $16 million
  • 6. Broncos safety Justin Simmons: $15.25 million
  • 7. Cardinals safety Budda Baker: $14.1 million
  • 8. Ravens safety Marcus Williams: $14 million
  • 9. Patriots safety Kyle Dugger: $13.8 million (If he takes the transition money)
  • 10. Browns safety Grant Delpit: $12 million
  • 10. Cardinals safety Jalen Thompson: $12 million

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI................................No one knows what he's looking for.

Is he looking for Franchise money? ($17.1M)

NFL's highest-paid safeties in 2024 (average salary per year):​

• 1. Chargers safety Derwin James: $19 million
  • 2. Steelers safety Minkah Fitzpatrick: $18.2 million
  • 3. Buccaneers safety Antoine Winfield, Jr.: $17.1 million
  • 4. Falcons safety Jessie Bates III: $16.01 million
  • 5. Vikings safety Harrison Smith: $16 million
  • 6. Broncos safety Justin Simmons: $15.25 million
  • 7. Cardinals safety Budda Baker: $14.1 million
  • 8. Ravens safety Marcus Williams: $14 million
  • 9. Patriots safety Kyle Dugger: $13.8 million (If he takes the transition money)
  • 10. Browns safety Grant Delpit: $12 million
  • 10. Cardinals safety Jalen Thompson: $12 million
13.8 mil for one year. Or perhaps 17 mil for several years with a guaranteed amount. Signing the tag would be dumb on his part, if he get injured this year then poof just like that his values drop. Player should IMO show loyalty to themselves and their bank, teams are ruthless when it comes to what's best for the team, players need to have their head in that same wheelhouse

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13.8 mil for one year. Or perhaps 17 mil for several years with a guaranteed amount. Signing the tag would be dumb on his part, if he get injured this year then poof just like that his values drop. Player should IMO show loyalty to themselves and their bank, teams are ruthless when it comes to what's best for the team, players need to have their head in that same wheelhouse
As I've previously said, 3/$45M $30M guaranteed. If he gets through the contract, he'll be 31, about to turn 32 in the final year. He's not in the Winfield pay zone yet and $15M is very fair.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams work within the agreed upon rules of the collective bargaining agreement. Duggar holding out is not. He gets a decent consolation prize of a guaranteed 13.8 million.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think it's okay to break a contract? He needs to complain to his union who sold off his leverage.
He didn't break a contract, he just did not sign the franchise agreement. And teams do it all the time.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've previously said, 3/$45M $30M guaranteed. If he gets through the contract, he'll be 31, about to turn 32 in the final year. He's not in the Winfield pay zone yet and $15M is very fair.
But you don't make the deals that is your opinion. Obviously the Pats didn't want to lose him

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, time for this new FO to play hardball. Offer him a one year 7.5M guarentee with incentives up to 9.5M. He's not a top 10 Safety who are getting between 10-18M.I love him but that's reality. Otherwise he can sit out the year. They already tried giving him a multi-year he wasn't happy with.
Agreed. I love Duggar but he is weak in coverage. Let him prove he can improve before offering more......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't break a contract, he just did not sign the franchise agreement. And teams do it all the time.
I've never seen a team break a contract. Never. The terms of the CBA allow them to terminate contracts whenever they need (or want), but that is part of the terms of every contract. That's not the same as breaking a contract.

Players have gotten a ton of concessions in exchange for giving teams these terms. Not following the terms of the CBA, such as accepting the the transition tag terms is spitting in the face of the arrangement that was negotiated by both sides. Especially since the transition tag set a value that ensures players get a fair value though that value may be on the low side of fair.

Seriously, maybe Duggar should consider working for a league that doesn't have a transition tag.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a team break a contract. Never. The terms of the CBA allow them to terminate contracts whenever they need (or want), but that is part of the terms of every contract. That's not the same as breaking a contract.

Players have gotten a ton of concessions in exchange for giving teams these terms. Not following the terms of the CBA, such as accepting the the transition tag terms is spitting in the face of the arrangement that was negotiated by both sides. Especially since the transition tag set a value that ensures players get a fair value though that value may be on the low side of fair.

Seriously, maybe Duggar should consider working for a league that doesn't have a transition tag.
So then yes, I am more than ok with him not signing the tag as it relates to the contract or the CBA you so covet. Teams cut players all the time, fuck the Pats, Jet's, Phins and Bills or any other team. I am all for players holding out and holding teams hostage if it benefits them.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then yes, I am more than ok with him not signing the tag as it relates to the contract or the CBA you so covet. Teams cut players all the time, fuck the Pats, Jet's, Phins and Bills or any other team. I am all for players holding out and holding teams hostage if it benefits them.
It's not that I covet it. It's just that I understand how it works and how both sides benefit from it. It amazes me how others can be clueless.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that I covet it. It's just that I understand how it works and how both sides benefit from it. It amazes me how others can be clueless.
Yes..........................

Duggar was upset with the TRANSITION tag, not a FRANCHISE tag. Another team could have offered him $13.81. Would h have been insulted with a $100,000 up offer? He's not worth the Franchise price of $17.1M per. No one stepped forward because they know that the Patriots would most likely match anything up to possibly $16M. Like I said, $15M appears to be more than fair. Looks like no other team wants to pay him more than $13.8. That's about a $10M increase for him.

Like Traveler said, He'd be smart to negotiate a long term deal and be willing to take less than the Franchise number with a solid guarantee.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't worry about how the CBA works, don't really care. I know teams break the contract all the time, players get hurt then cut then take reduced pay. Teams are ruthless and maybe the CBA allows that, so I will never have an issue with a player standing his ground.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't worry about how the CBA works, don't really care. I know teams break the contract all the time, players get hurt then cut then take reduced pay. Teams are ruthless and maybe the CBA allows that, so I will never have an issue with a player standing his ground.
You might care if you actually understood it. You don't. You don't "know" teams break the contracts all the time because they don't. The contract states on it's face it can be cancelled, and the player signs acknowledging that. If a team cancels a contract the player is free to sign a new contract with any team they choose.

Was it unfair that Russel Wilson "had his contract broken" and he walked away with $40 or $50 million as a parting gift? The CBA worked to RW's benefit there and to the detriment of KD in his situation. THE TEAM DOESN'T ALWAYS WIN. It's why they call it a "bargaining agreement".

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might care if you actually understood it. You don't. You don't "know" teams break the contracts all the time because they don't. The contract states on it's face it can be cancelled, and the player signs acknowledging that. If a team cancels a contract the player is free to sign a new contract with any team they choose.

Was it unfair that Russel Wilson "had his contract broken" and he walked away with $40 or $50 million as a parting gift? The CBA worked to RW's benefit there and to the detriment of KD in his situation. THE TEAM DOESN'T ALWAYS WIN. It's why they call it a "bargaining agreement".
The team signed Wilson then cut Wilson, that was their choice, but speaks to my point. A team can just up and cut a player and it historically does not work in the players favor. I get the fact we can hide behind the CBA and it's the Unions fault for allowing it.

My point in all this which you seem to want to ignore is that a player needs to do what's in his best interest, not the teams, not the players association, his best interest. And if he has a little weight to say " Nope not signing that, I'll sit out" then good for him. The team will either cut him or work with him.

You asked if I was okay with this, I told you yes, I truly don't give a shit whether you like that or not.,