• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need to finish with #5 seed to face NFC East winner.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards just won the division.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They won it a while ago. We get the first round playoff bye against the east champ and then it's the revenge game against the Panthers. Hopefully they're resting starters against us and just concede the last game of the season. I want Carolina! I want to make Cam cry!

It's GB and us winning the 1st round, GB beats Arizona and we beat the Panthers, and everybody gets the rematch they want. I'm calling it right now.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if Seattle wins out and the Cards don't win another game they take it based on Strength of Victory.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Seattle wins out and the Cards don't win another game they take it based on Strength of Victory.
Not exactly true. SOV is the #5 tie breaker. Common games and conference record are both before that in the division tie breaker.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's get back to the point of this thread.. the goal of securing the #5 seed. i told you guys 5 days ago the Hawks had no realistic chance of winning the division, enough of the nonsense.

Vikes will probably win their next 2 games which would make them 10-5 going into their finale @ Green Bay.

Hawks will probably win their next 3 games which would make them 10-5 going into their finale @ Arizona.

if the above plays out, Hawks would get the #5 seed if Green Bay beats Vikes OR if Hawks beat Cards.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with the #5.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with the #5.
Crazy as it sounds, we are still alive to get the #2 -- if us, Cards, Vikings, and Packers all finish 11-5 then we are the #2 based on all the tie breakers, according to the ESPN playoff machine. Here's what it looks like:

Hawks win out (@ Bal, vs Cle, vs Rams, @ Cards)

Cards lose out (@ Phi, vs GB, vs Sea)

Vikings win out (vs Chi, vs NYG, @ GB)

Packers go 3-1 with a L vs Minn (vs Dal, @ Oak, @ Cards, vs Minn)

droider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings will handle the Bears and Giants the next 2 weeks.

If the Vikings then win at Green Bay on the last day of the season, Green Bay will get the #5 seed and the Hawks will get the #6 seed.

Green Bay would have the H2H tiebreaker over the Hawks. This is why it's critical that GB wins their division.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Vikings then win at Green Bay on the last day of the season, Green Bay will get the #5 seed and the Hawks will get the #6 seed.

Green Bay would have the H2H tiebreaker over the Hawks. This is why it's critical that GB wins their division.
Not to sure about the Viking beating the Bears and Giants myself, I really doubt they beat the Packers.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be perfectly honest I really don't see playing the NFC East winner as that much better than playing at Minnesota in the first round. Is Minnesota better? Yes, but the Seahawks already know what it takes to beat them in their building. And if it's the Redskins I really don't want Seattle to have to play them on that shitty field again.

droider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Cards beat Packers next week, Cards will rest starters against Hawks. Cards would have the #2 seed locked in at that point.

however, if Packers beat Cards next week, the Packers could steal the #2 seed from the Cards if the Packers then beat the Vikes AND the Hawks beat the Cards on the final day.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Cards beat Packers next week, Cards will rest starters against Hawks. Cards would have the #2 seed locked in at that point.

however, if Packers beat Cards next week, the Packers could steal the #2 seed from the Cards if the Packers then beat the Vikes AND the Hawks beat the Cards on the final day.
interesting.gif

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:hurt:

Why can't this be flexed to the sunday nighter

:hurt: