• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need Help with Gym Advice

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting next week I will be able to go to a gym as my new hip will be healed and I will be able to lift my left arm (heart surgery) above my head. For those of you that go to the gym regularly, what is your recommendation for a good place to go in the Omaha area?

My nephew owns a 24 hour fitness, and I can also join the Lied Center in Bellevue for like $90 per year but I'd have to deal with homeschool moms and their bratty kids that are not supervised. Is there better options out there and do they offer free trials to see if I like the place?

Ironically, my daughters and their boyfriends/husband do not use the nephew's place to workout as all go to the a different gym for like $30 per month. Anyone heard anything about Blue Moon fitness?

Thanks in advance.

:suds:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just use the YMCA.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought an elliptical and either use it or the track at the town fields. The elliptical provides the better worout but I haven't been on it for a few weeks because I pulled a muscle in my back.

As you can tell I just focus on cardio (heart surgery dictates). Can't imagine getting a regular workout if it was around other people though. I like the elliptical

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a membership to 24 Hour Fitness and I have no complaints.

You can go any time of the day and they also have a hot tub which is nice for sore muscles and all that.

I used to be at the YMCA but the hours weren't great and there were a million little kids running around all the time.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That YMCA on Maple was a dadburned zoo the one time I went there.

Little kids outnumbered adults by 10:1.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That YMCA on Maple was a dadburned zoo the one time I went there.

Little kids outnumbered adults by 10:1.

I use that one when one of my kids has a youth activity, but usually go to the one on 132nd & Center (more milfs).

Kids don't bother me, I've got two of them.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I like to play basketball so that's what bothered me the most.

Parents bring them there and then turn them loose in the gym and a feller can't even shoot around.

132nd and Center is where I went every day last year. Until I couldn't put up with thee kids running all around the gym all the time.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The treadmills en sech are really nice at that one on 132nd. That is what I miss the most.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Costco bitches

369 for a 2 year membership to 24 hour fitness

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck. You weigh like 95 pounds. Mix some weights in there

LOL

Blue Moon has a deal $1 to join and $10 per month until Jan 8th so I might look into it. I use both cardio and weights. The thing I liked most about the Lied Center in Bellevue is the pool, but I would have to get up at 5am for adult swim time - the machines there need a take a number box. I need to take a 100lb crap or hit it hard at the gym.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue moon is perfect for someone looking just for cardio or weights.

Or someone who wants a tan I guess. They have that there for free too.

When you're a member there you can bring 1 person per day with you for free. I went there for a good while when my wife was a member.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use the Y because i end up using all 4 here in Lincoln and like the convenience of going wherever i'm at in town, or where my errands are..

not a huge fan of the hours, but i don't really like working out late in the evenings anyway

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol 2 people who judge.

Some people don't need to work out. When I was young I used to work at Campbells (Swansons) and depending on what I was cooking that day I might throw 100 pound bags of sugar all day or bags of flour. Some days it might of been rice instead but I was lifting and dumping somethikng all day guaranteed. Never stepped a foot inside a gym and I guarantee ya I was in better shape than 90 percent of the gym rats today.

Even today my chores and hobbies keep my arms fit. Unlike you younguns I do things besides sit in front of a tv with a game controller I don't need a gym or a workout routine to be active.

I do use the elliptical for weight and cardio fitness simply because I like to eat and drink and need to try to make up for 50 years spent smoking. Rather do that than count my calories.

LOL to thinking you have to have a barbell across your chest to be fit.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use the Y because i end up using all 4 here in Lincoln and like the convenience of going wherever i'm at in town, or where my errands are..

not a huge fan of the hours, but i don't really like working out late in the evenings anyway

That Y in North Lincoln is really nice.

The ones in Omaha aren't even close to being in the same ballpark.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol 2 people who judge.

Some people don't need to work out. When I was young I used to work at Campbells (Swansons) and depending on what I was cooking that day I might throw 100 pound bags of sugar all day or bags of flour. Some days it might of been rice instead but I was lifting and dumping somethikng all day guaranteed. Never stepped a foot inside a gym and I guarantee ya I was in better shape than 90 percent of the gym rats today.

Even today my chores and hobbies keep my arms fit. Unlike you younguns I do things besides sit in front of a tv with a game controller I don't need a gym or a workout routine to be active.

I do use the elliptical for weight and cardio fitness simply because I like to eat and drink and need to try to make up for 50 years spent smoking. Rather do that than count my calories.

LOL to thinking you have to have a barbell across your chest to be fit.

I'm on my feet 40-60 hours a week tossing heavy shit.

It's just enough to even out the amount of beer I drink.