• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Need another QB in the offseason.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap is just not the answer in my opinion. Yes we gave him 100 million,but he has yet to show he can do any thing but run and throw deep. Either draft a QB or see if the Pats will trade Brady for him.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nah..Kap is fine given his experience level...still a 3rd year QB..doing way better than ASmith by his 3rd year. and similar numbers even against Smith currently. Play calling is still Vanilla..no screens vs. pass rush..no draws... one jet sweep today... not a lot of 3wr sets today...Kap still needs to learn how to look off safety...still developing... but the talent is there if he could just learn a little touch and keep his cool a bit more. JMHO

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just tired of him missing wide open receivers. Would not be so hard on him if he improve in that area. Also he short passing needs work. Deep passes he's good.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I swear our Red zone Offense is offensive...only one pass to the end zone...week in a and week out..just not really aggressive from the air.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cox having a great season so far...really coming on..ASmith came up short yet again in his 8th season...:) Alex still Alex glad to see..kinda feel for him but now he's a Chef so no tears... no sadness...

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Field goal mania today...but Ill take it for now...never cry about a win...getting it done.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt but kap needs a vet to back him up too. I wish someone gave him pointers

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Kap needs to learn how to SOFTLY throw a ball...it isn't about throwing balls thru walls..its about throwing balls thru windows and over overstreched hands...just needs to stop being so hyped up and clmly throw the ball more and with touch...ever notice he never goes up on his toes when throwing to RBs or short touch throws.a.lways throws flat footed.. part of it is a technique thing which he still hasn't worked on.. also looking off safety and cbs still needs a ton of work. heck if you know you want to go to a guy just look the other way first then switch the head to your primary...but alas its is still only his 3rd year. Qbs take time..

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. This should end the Smith vs Kap talk. Great win by the 49ers and Kap.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Tom Brady??? Seriously?? And yeah, I would love to draft a future star QB, but it's gonna be tough picking where we will be picking. The front office will have to do a great job identifying and picking a guy who drops down to our draft position. We could also trade up, but I don't like that idea too much.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im fine with Kap. Is he perfect no but damn he makes plays. People forget our Oline is a mess right now and we are playing with out 4 pro bowlers(VD, AD, Bowman, A. Smith) plus our best CB. Im happy as hell right now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kap is just not the answer in my opinion. Yes we gave him 100 million,but he has yet to show he can do any thing but run and throw deep. Either draft a QB or see if the Pats will trade Brady for him.

not for rushing out to replace Kaep, he isn't elite but he's good enough. AM for drafting a QB should value arise, in any round. our next QB should be a quality passer first and foremost. he may not be athletic, not a runner, not the strongest NFL arm, and not proto-type size, but if he has passing skills, draft him.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just tired of him missing wide open receivers. Would not be so hard on him if he improve in that area. Also he short passing needs work. Deep passes he's good.

Find me a QB who doesn't miss his receivers from time to time.

From what I recall he missed two throws which absolutely should've been completions. The would be TD at the end to Boldin and a pass to Hyde. Both he overshot.

But do you guys not recall the same problems from Alex? He used to throw high all the damn time and would get his guys killed and threw many a pick because of it.

Colin definitely needs to improve in that area but he's improved from last year with his touch. OL being that much worse than last year however masks that. If the OL can just stop being a turnstile you'll see a much more accurate Kaepernick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I recall he missed two throws which absolutely should've been completions. The would be TD at the end to Boldin and a pass to Hyde. Both he overshot.

But do you guys not recall the same problems from Alex? He used to throw high all the damn time and would get his guys killed and threw many a pick because of it.

Colin definitely needs to improve in that area but he's improved from last year with his touch. OL being that much worse than last year however masks that. If the OL can just stop being a turnstile you'll see a much more accurate Kaepernick.

Perfect example from alex was that game ending Int.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect example from alex was that game ending Int.

Yeah that's the thing that blows my mind.

I'm sure if we went back to 2012 season on all of these niner forums and looked up the Giants game thread 90% of the people would be calling for his head and saying what a bum he is.

In a way the best thing for Alex Smith's legacy as a 49er QB was to get hurt when he did. He was coming off a great game vs the Cards and was doing pretty good in the Rams game.

Because he left off playing so well and being so accurate a ton of people forgot all about that Giants game where he was straight up horrible. Worse than anything Colin has done.

The Giants were beat up in their secondary and everyone thought the 49ers would be out for blood after what happened in the playoffs the year before. Meanwhile Giants went into Candlestick and killed us and Alex had some horrendous picks in the game. Defense pretty much baited him and he looked lost.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

no question the O-line needs to improve on pass protect. improve by being more consistent, they do provide enough time, just not consistent enough.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no question the O-line needs to improve on pass protect. improve by being more consistent, they do provide enough time, just not consistent enough.

What does that even mean?

There are times the guys get tossed aside and there are defenders in Colin's face. That's not in need of being more consistent. That's being terrible and needing to fix it.

It's one thing if they block for a couple of seconds and Colin holds the ball too long and a total different thing when guys break free right off the snap.

The sack that led to the blocked punt last week and the Dontari Poe sack yesterday were prime examples. Boone has been horrible. You can write a script to this. Guy hold outs all of camp and...plays like dirt that season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What does that even mean?

There are times the guys get tossed aside and there are defenders in Colin's face. That's not in need of being more consistent. That's being terrible and needing to fix it.

It's one thing if they block for a couple of seconds and Colin holds the ball too long and a total different thing when guys break free right off the snap.

The sack that led to the blocked punt last week and the Dontari Poe sack yesterday were prime examples. Boone has been horrible. You can write a script to this. Guy hold outs all of camp and...plays like dirt that season.

it means.................we fans only take notice of when the pass protect breaks down. we don't notice when it holds up.

there ARE plays where Kaep has time to throw from the pocket.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it means.................we fans only take notice of when the pass protect breaks down. we don't notice when it holds up.

there ARE plays where Kaep has time to throw from the pocket.

Of course we notice when the pass protection holds up. It's the times when it doesn't break down lol.

It's true a good game by the OL is when you don't hear their name called but saying they just need to improve their consistency is just weird to me.

Their job is to protect the QB long enough to get the play off. Sometimes things happen whether receivers can't get open or QB just doesn't pull the trigger or he gets happy feet and doesn't trust them...that's when it's hard to blame the OL and maybe where I could see saying they need to be more consistent at holding their blocks longer.

Then there's the embarrassment that we've seen all too often this year where guys are coming through almost untouched at Colin from two sides.

How many sacks did Colin avoid this year with his legs? I have a hard time faulting a guy for getting happy feet in the pocket if he is consistently rushed from it. I think this season we've had more rushed attempts than ones with a clean pocket. It's been a rare occurrence this season where Colin drops back and he has a clean pocket.

Our OL has been badly overrated the last few years at least in terms of the pass pro but this year even Staley is struggling. Iupati is having a terrible season. Alex Boone is probably the worst one of the bunch and Jonathan Martin...well he's a backup.