• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebrasketball @ Villanova

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like an effort issue is what I'm saying.

I'm not suggesting we would've won, but damn. I thought GATA was a fully implemented culture

Nova just had more talent across the board. Those turnovers are the result of that.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping he takes a leadership role and this team can rally around him.

The difference between Nova and Nebraska was Nova had three White's on the court to Nebraska's one.

Glad white has seemed to have panned out. I think we've got some more White's on deck with this recruiting class and it's only gonna get better.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA tourney team flew around on D and, pardon me repeating myself, GOT AFTER THEIR ASSES.

They contested every single shot.

True.

Huskers had the whistle blown on them for trying to play that way at Nova though.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova just had more talent across the board. Those turnovers are the result of that.

For sure.

I always kind of looked at the turnover issue to football too. Talented teams just don't turn the football over. I don't know enough about basketball to say this is a legit argument, but I think it makes sense and I think you make a good point.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad white has seemed to have panned out. I think we've got some more White's on deck with this recruiting class and it's only gonna get better.

What we've got has to play smarter. Too many bricks by Tai.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure.

I always kind of looked at the turnover issue to football too. Talented teams just don't turn the football over. I don't know enough about basketball to say this is a legit argument, but I think it makes sense and I think you make a good point.

Big bodies, long arms, fast hands, and solid shooting, make for nerves and lack of concentration.

A superior talented team can wreak havoc and make people look silly.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we've got has to play smarter. Too many bricks by Tai.

If only he turned out to be the player we thought he could be. We just need one more star shooter.

Sheilds and White can't do it on their own. Petteway is gone. That Florida transfer who's name I can't remember is gone and he fell off after the tourney year.

Parker is always gonna be a spotty shooter at best because he's so small, but if he had a true big man to work with, he'd be better.

Our pick and roll game would be better if we had a legit big man. Our guys are too small and get called on screens.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He makes it look so damn easy LOL

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only he turned out to be the player we thought he could be. We just need one more star shooter.

Sheilds and White can't do it on their own. Petteway is gone. That Florida transfer who's name I can't remember is gone and he fell off after the tourney year.

Parker is always gonna be a spotty shooter at best because he's so small, but if he had a true big man to work with, he'd be better.

Our pick and roll game would be better if we had a legit big man. Our guys are too small and get called on screens.

Hammond can be that guy. He just needs to grow up.

This team is young, but they need to get it together while White's here IMO.

I see 7 wins and 5 coin flips OOC. Sure would be nice to get 10 overall there.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year and this year referees are putting more emphasis on calling fouls.

The year we went to the tourney we fouled a TON and got away with it. It made life hell for opposing teams. One game that comes into memory is Wisconsin @ Lincoln that year. We hacked the hell out of those guys and they just couldn't handle it.

We won't get away with that anymore. Now we need a big guy to step up and have a presence down low. That way we won't go on scoring dry spells. Unfortunately we don't have a big enough guy right now.