• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebrasketball @ Villanova

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers

Huskers: 21
Nova: 6

3:43

2nd

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw good things out of Watson, Morrow, and Jacky Mack

We aren't ready for the big dogs, but could make a little run if we improve during the non conference schedule

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're young. It's basically Shavon surrounded by a bunch of youngsters.

White has a high ceiling. Watson doesn't know he's not supposed to be good (this is a good thing). Morrow has the mentality that he's going to win every play.

Tai Webster has been here since I was 5 years old and he's still a Freshman out there.

It looked like a team who hasn't played together very much, and that's what it is. We'll see if they can improve. Tonight, we were beat by a very good team who completely caught fire. In order for us to win quite simply we need to have some missed contested shots. Once Nova got on a roll, they were making every shot they took with a hand in their face, and we couldn't respond on the other end.

We're not going to win in a shootout. We have to hold our opponents to under 70.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are young. But that shouldn't be the excuse. It's ok to miss shots, it's not ok to turn the ball over compulsively. Our guard play with assists to turnovers was shit. Better days ahead. I know Benny has better games in front of him, as does Tai.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are young. But that shouldn't be the excuse. It's ok to miss shots, it's not ok to turn the ball over compulsively. Our guard play with assists to turnovers was shit. Better days ahead. I know Benny has better games in front of him, as does Tai.

I mean, it's Villanova sir.

They're a regular Powerhouse bringing in prized recruits with one of the best coaches in the nation. We were outmatched and it showed. Once they got rolling they were able to hit shots when we had guys right in their face.

We don't have the kind of all-around Offensive power to hang with that. We win ugly games, not pretty ones. They played pretty, we played ugly, and they smoked us.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Momentum in hoops is serious business. The Huskers had the lead, got free with the ball and turned it over and gave them the luxury of confidence. Nova wasn't shooting the ball well at all early in this game. You don't win games turning the ball over like that.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see the Huskers play a clean game against an opponent that is ranked higher. Just be smart with the ball. We have good enough players to do that. That's how you win ugly games, take care of the ball and play defense.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't get inside and we can't shoot consistently outside.

We're like a lame Witchita state.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of great role players. No dominant big man. No dominant shooter.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some good things out there.

I thought we tried to play too fast though. And I don't remember miles taking a timeout to stop the bleeding at the end of first half

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're young. It's basically Shavon surrounded by a bunch of youngsters.

White has a high ceiling. Watson doesn't know he's not supposed to be good (this is a good thing). Morrow has the mentality that he's going to win every play.

Tai Webster has been here since I was 5 years old and he's still a Freshman out there.

It looked like a team who hasn't played together very much, and that's what it is. We'll see if they can improve. Tonight, we were beat by a very good team who completely caught fire. In order for us to win quite simply we need to have some missed contested shots. Once Nova got on a roll, they were making every shot they took with a hand in their face, and we couldn't respond on the other end.

We're not going to win in a shootout. We have to hold our opponents to under 70.

Doesn't it feel like this has generally been the case since...since....hell, the Barry Collier days??

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a breath of fresh air to have a team that we knew night in and night out could consistently put up 70-80 points and not go on 5 minute scoreless streaks.

That 22-2 run right before the end of the half that Nova went on was brutal

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting a Masters in theological studies at a little school here. 1 year program, kind of planning to head back home after but we'll see.

I miss Laramie bad. I miss the Library (the bar), Coppers Corner, Elmer Lovejoy's, and of course The Buckhorn. I also miss drive thru liquor stores. When I was there as an 19 yr old freshman I bought beer at a drive thru with my student ID and my ATM card as my ID. The guy didn't think twice about it.

Good Ol' Wyoming. Go Pokes

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it's @ #11 Villanova

White is gonna lead them to the promise land.

He's for real. IMO

White can spot up and drain it. He, along with everyone else needs to RUN BACK and D UP.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like an effort issue is what I'm saying.

I'm not suggesting we would've won, but damn. I thought GATA was a fully implemented culture

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White can spot up and drain it. He, along with everyone else needs to RUN BACK and D UP.

Hoping he takes a leadership role and this team can rally around him.

The difference between Nova and Nebraska was Nova had three White's on the court to Nebraska's one.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA tourney team flew around on D and, pardon me repeating myself, GOT AFTER THEIR ASSES.

They contested every single shot.