• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots 2020 Draft Thread

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he needs to feign serious interest in a few WR's or RB's.
Then go pick a DT or OL after he jukes a few other teams to draft someone they don't need or isn't very good.
Ala Tim Tebow to the Skippy and Broncos.

So I am guessing sarcasm here?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am guessing sarcasm here?

A little, not my usual.
WR is not top need in my book. RB is not a need at all. But whoever BB is talking to does become news.
I do believe DT and Oline is a need. As well as TE, obviously.
I do believe he faked Skippy into drafting him too early.
Most teams would not bite though. Or shouldn't.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little, not my usual.
WR is not top need in my book. RB is not a need at all. But whoever BB is talking to does become news.

I agree WR is not a top need but there is a need, this is why I stated an average run of the mill speedster with good enough hands is fine by me. A guy we can take in round 5 or 6 or get cheap in FA. Hell maybe that guy is in the practice squad and I just don't know. My point is defenses figured out we have no speed so they bring the safety up to contest plays in the middle of the field which the Pats are famous for.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worse thing a team can do is draft someone because they think BB is going to get him. You know that there a few who might consider it, but actually taking a player to prevent another team from taking him is just plain stupid. Especially if the team doesn't need him.

A smarter team would call up BB and say, "Bill, we don't want to draft anyone in the top 10. Give us your #1 and two 3rd Round picks and we'll draft your guy and trade him to you before your pick comes up. That way, no one has any idea who we'll pick and your guy might be there at 8, 9, 10."

It wouldn't surprise me to see Henry and Hooper franchised. I don't want to see BB take a TE with #23. I'd prefer and OL or LB if they can't resign Van Noy and Collins.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he needs to feign serious interest in a few WR's or RB's.
Then go pick a DT or OL after he jukes a few other teams to draft someone they don't need or isn't very good.
Ala Tim Tebow to the Skippy and Broncos.
It's like playing defense. Everyone has learned to play straight up with Bill after seeing all the fakes. They don't know when he's faking so they just do what they're going to do...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worse thing a team can do is draft someone because they think BB is going to get him. You know that there a few who might consider it, but actually taking a player to prevent another team from taking him is just plain stupid. Especially if the team doesn't need him.

A smarter team would call up BB and say, "Bill, we don't want to draft anyone in the top 10. Give us your #1 and two 3rd Round picks and we'll draft your guy and trade him to you before your pick comes up. That way, no one has any idea who we'll pick and your guy might be there at 8, 9, 10."

It wouldn't surprise me to see Henry and Hooper franchised. I don't want to see BB take a TE with #23. I'd prefer and OL or LB if they can't resign Van Noy and Collins.
How about they put on their big boy pants, create their own list and draft the top of their list who is still available. It's why everyone thinks Bill reaches when he drafts who he wants while he can. Of course he measures in an expectation of where someone will get drafted to not way over reach.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much most GMs or team have an idea what any other team may be looking for. I mean does anyone really think other teams don't know the Pats need TE,DT, WR and maybe QB? Of course they do so I don't think there are any surprises when a team see's BB looking at D Linemen. He needs to stay away from the WR grouping BB sucks at taking WRs. In fact we need to go to a 5 TE set.

You'd think that if Bill was taling to a WR prospect everybody else would take him off their boards?????

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little, not my usual.

Wr not a need but with 12 picks and a WR loaded draft, we should be looking at some.....

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Antonio Gibson WR/RB/KR. After watching some videos on him and reading about how well he played at the Senior Bowl, sign me up.

Fast. Strong(well built lower body). Good size. He just seems to have that “it factor”.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Antonio Gibson WR/RB/KR. After watching some videos on him and reading about how well he played at the Senior Bowl, sign me up.

Fast. Strong(well built lower body). Good size. He just seems to have that “it factor”.

The draft projections I've seen on him have him going anywhere from 5th round to undrafted. Currently NE doesn't have a 5th round pick. Only one in the 6th pending any compensatory picks they may get? They have three 7th rounders. I'd use a 7th on him. Maybe a 6th? Would NE use him more at WR or RB or both? I think NE has bigger holes to fill for any earlier picks. With a little coaching he could be a steal. His lack of pass protection is a concern but he's built to block if he can learn it. Was never asked to do it in college.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cordarrelle Patterson with good hands?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's a project? That won't work with 42 year old Brady.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All rookies are projects. If you get a guy mid to late rounds that can fill one role early on - and looking at Gibson it’s pretty easy to envision him being used similarly to how they used Patterson two years ago - then that’s a worthwhile investment of a pick.

If your bar is going to be “polished guys that can take on the entire offense with Brady from Day 1” you’re never going to clear it. There aren’t any draft picks that’s going to be the case for. Nor many veterans for that matter.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's a project? That won't work with 42 year old Brady.

Don't ever draft for today. You will then be behind the game tomorrow.
Draft to win tomorrow regardless of QB. Brady wants to play another three years at least...? He will need weapons this year, next year AND the year after.
They red shirted Harris right? Not even on the practice squad.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scar has not fully retired from the Pats yet. Sounds like he is helping Belichick out by heading to the Combine and checking out the OL talent.