• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots 2020 Draft Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a terrible year to need a TE. One of the worst TE drafts I have scouted in a few years.

Well thanks for your "Scouting Report"...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, CD has been around the block more than twice. He and I have had differences over the years but I respect his knowledge of the game and the league.

And he does make his living writing and scouting about the NFL. He was with 24/7 before CBS bought them and he's still there.

Hey CD, what the scopp on the kid from ND Kimlet? Kismet? or K somethng??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I typed this once and lost it....

Guys, CD and I have had our differences over the years, but I respect his knowledge of the game and the league. He does do this stuff for a living both for 24/7 and now for CBS who bought 24/7. He's very knowledgeable about college players and has been a good source of information about them for as long as I've known him. Be nice.

CD, what the scoop on the kid from ND? Kimmet or Kidmet?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, CD has been around the block more than twice. He and I have had differences over the years but I respect his knowledge of the game and the league.

And he does make his living writing and scouting about the NFL. He was with 24/7 before CBS bought them and he's still there.

Hey CD, what the scopp on the kid from ND Kimlet? Kismet? or K somethng??

What make you feel we need your affirmation or that we would believe you? You deal with people how you want and let us do the same. You want to swap spit with him feel free

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guys, CD and I have had our differences over the years, but I respect his knowledge of the game and the league. He does do this stuff for a living both for 24/7 and now for CBS who bought 24/7. He's very knowledgeable about college players and has been a good source of information about them for as long as I've known him. Be nice.

I appreciate all contributions and by no means am saying shoo to anyone. But if you are an expert you should expect grief when you provide a pedestrian analysis and act like it's insightful. I'm addressing the post, not the poster.

I give you the same grief but give you props too. You know that by now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cole Kmet is who you are thinking of. So from what I have seen he is the jack of all trades but master of none. He is above average in about every TE area. He has decent hands, decent athleticism, decent route running, is a decent but not great blocker for being an in-line guy. Not my favorite TE in this draft by any means.

Here is what I'll say about the TE group this year. There are some decent names in the draft but no one that looks like the next top-10 TE to join the NFL. A lot of TE 2 types that are better in the complimentary role than the star role.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate all contributions and by no means am saying shoo to anyone. But if you are an expert you should expect grief when you provide a pedestrian analysis and act like it's insightful. I'm addressing the post, not the poster.

I give you the same grief but give you props too. You know that by now.

Sorry I did not go in depth. IF you want a greater break down than just saying the TE group for this draft looks pretty pedestrian and that I would not have any in my top-50 players of this upcoming draft then I can do that. I've realized on message boards though the second you type something that comprehensive out then I get comments of "too long and didn't read". Well then not worth my time. If you want a better break down I am more than happy to provide it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I did not go in depth. IF you want a greater break down than just saying the TE group for this draft looks pretty pedestrian and that I would not have any in my top-50 players of this upcoming draft then I can do that. I've realized on message boards though the second you type something that comprehensive out then I get comments of "too long and didn't read". Well then not worth my time. If you want a better break down I am more than happy to provide it.
By know means listen to me literally. I was just bantering the topic. I may have taken a minor exception to your post, but without it I'd have nothing to reply to... I'm here for a reason and not on Facebook writing about my life in monologue.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is?

Just curious.

I guess this question is a bit tough because it all depends on what type of system a team runs and what type of TE you are looking for. In this situation where thinking about the Patriots and needing that receiving threat over the middle I would say Bryce Hopkins would be my top choice. Not going to wow you with movement skills, but shows decent route running, strong hands, and great body control to make the big catches. Hunter Bryant of Washington would be another name. One of those hybrid TE/WR types. Won't be an inline blocker by any means but if you are wanting explosive ability down the field he would be another.

I think my biggest issue with Kmet is just how raw he is all around. Decent route runner but still needs some work as you see him slip quite often when trying to make a cut. Also as a blocker he is willing but just not something that is very advanced in his game so far. He is a project TE that while yes I do think he has some of the bigger upside of the group I'm not sure that is worth a 1st round pick when it might not be until year 3 or 4 before you see it show up.