• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots 2020 Draft Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got back from Okinawa. Probably my last tour overseas. Don't be a stranger.....

Glad you are back. How was Okinawa? And yes plan on coming around quite often. I'll try not to rag on the Patriots too much.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you are back. How was Okinawa? And yes plan on coming around quite often. I'll try not to rag on the Patriots too much.

Okinawa was great but it was time to come home. You are welcome on Patriots board by most of us. Nice to have a different opinion voiced - even when you are wrong. We all disagree with each other. I don't know why a differing opinion would be objectionable but you'll hear it once and awhile. Note that I go to the Broncos board less these day but mostly because they suck. I get respect or disrespect as seems appropriate....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Broncos even have a team anymore? I didn't see them in the standings but then again, maybe I did read down far enough :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okinawa was great but it was time to come home. You are welcome on Patriots board by most of us. Nice to have a different opinion voiced - even when you are wrong. We all disagree with each other. I don't know why a differing opinion would be objectionable but you'll hear it once and awhile. Note that I go to the Broncos board less these day but mostly because they suck. I get respect or disrespect as seems appropriate....

I haven't been on the board until the last few days so can't speak for how things have been. I do guess though with the Broncos being so bad the last few years that emotions are a bit high. Hoping that with the offseason upon us and eternal hope for all teams back that maybe things will be good. So far my interactions have been good but again very limited sample size.

And glad you are back home and look forward to talking some great football here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Broncos even have a team anymore? I didn't see them in the standings but then again, maybe I did read down far enough :)

Well not sure what they have been doing can be called football so you might be right in them not really having a team right now. Really need this Drew Lock kid to work out.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Reports Makes Bold Fre Agents Predictions"

New England Patriots:

1. Patriots sign Austin Hooper

The future of quarterback Tom Brady is the biggest mystery surrounding the Patriots this offseason. Regardless of whether he returns, though, they need a pass-catching tight end.

New England recognized tight end as a weakness in 2019—as pretty much everyone did—and tried to remedy the situation by attempting to trade for Buccaneers tight end O.J. Howard. However, the Buccaneers refused to send Howard to New England, which leaves the position as an enduring area of need entering the offseason.

Expect the Patriots to go hard after one of the top tight ends in the free-agency pool, ultimately landing Atlanta's Austin Hooper.

Hooper is one of the best young tight ends in the game, and he comes with the added benefit of prior playing experience with wideout Mohamed Sanu. He would add a legitimate receiving threat at the position while also bringing a smidgen of chemistry to a receiving corps that lacked it this past season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Reports Makes Bold Fre Agents Predictions"

New England Patriots:

• Patriots sign Austin Hooper

The future of quarterback Tom Brady is the biggest mystery surrounding the Patriots this offseason. Regardless of whether he returns, though, they need a pass-catching tight end.

New England recognized tight end as a weakness in 2019—as pretty much everyone did—and tried to remedy the situation by attempting to trade for Buccaneers tight end O.J. Howard. However, the Buccaneers refused to send Howard to New England, which leaves the position as an enduring area of need entering the offseason.

Expect the Patriots to go hard after one of the top tight ends in the free-agency pool, ultimately landing Atlanta's Austin Hooper.

Hooper is one of the best young tight ends in the game, and he comes with the added benefit of prior playing experience with wideout Mohamed Sanu. He would add a legitimate receiving threat at the position while also bringing a smidgen of chemistry to a receiving corps that lacked it this past season.

So did they actually sign him? I can't find anything on that?

Would love to have him in NE. He only dropped two passes last year after being targeted 93 times.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Free agent predictions”

Reading is fundamental, kids.

And Hooper’s gonna get paid. Doubt Pats can afford him.

Not sure what any of that it has to do with the draft, though.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I saw a mock that had the Pats taking this guy at #23 and it's said BB has been paying close attention to the D-Line at the Senior Bowl games. I mentioned about two months ago the Pats need a DT it was way to easy to run on them this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I saw a mock that had the Pats taking this guy at #23 and it's said BB has been paying close attention to the D-Line at the Senior Bowl games. I mentioned about two months ago the Pats need a DT it was way to easy to run on them this year.

Media boards are finally catching up on how talented this guy is. In some of the draft simulators I would get excited cause he would still be there in the 4th round. Now getting him in the 2nd is sometimes out of the question.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media boards are finally catching up on how talented this guy is. In some of the draft simulators I would get excited cause he would still be there in the 4th round. Now getting him in the 2nd is sometimes out of the question.
Well we damn sure need a DT that can penetrate and tackle, not that jelly armed crew we got now.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem is....if Bill is seen looking at anyone, every other coach starts looking at him too. It happened when Kuechly was at BC and BB went to the BC/VT game at BC. He stopped and talked to Kuechly on the field after the game and ABC filmed them. The Panthers didn't hesitate in the first round and grabbed him.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem is....if Bill is seen looking at anyone, every other coach starts looking at him too. It happened when Kuechly was at BC and BB went to the BC/VT game at BC. He stopped and talked to Kuechly on the field after the game and ABC filmed them. The Panthers didn't hesitate in the first round and grabbed him.
Five minutes later when the camera was still rolling BB picked some gum off his shoe, then the next day Wrigley stock went through the roof.

Kuechly wasn't a secret that BB announced to the world. If your premise were true, BB would visit 22 marginal players so he could draft Joe Burrow.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five minutes later when the camera was still rolling BB picked some gum off his shoe, then the next day Wrigley stock went through the roof.

Kuechly wasn't a secret that BB announced to the world. If your premise were true, BB would visit 22 marginal players so he could draft Joe Burrow.

Have to agree with this. Kuechley was well known and thought of as a top-15 prospect that draft well before Belichick showed up in the picture. I could understand this a little more if before Belichick he was a 3rd round prospect. I mean the man had one of the most productive linebacker careers of anyone over the past 20 years in college. So he was a well known commodity. Also helps he matched that with a great combine for his position.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with this. Kuechley was well known and thought of as a top-15 prospect that draft well before Belichick showed up in the picture. I could understand this a little more if before Belichick he was a 3rd round prospect. I mean the man had one of the most productive linebacker careers of anyone over the past 20 years in college. So he was a well known commodity. Also helps he matched that with a great combine for his position.

Pretty much most GMs or team have an idea what any other team may be looking for. I mean does anyone really think other teams don't know the Pats need TE,DT, WR and maybe QB? Of course they do so I don't think there are any surprises when a team see's BB looking at D Linemen. He needs to stay away from the WR grouping BB sucks at taking WRs. In fact we need to go to a 5 TE set.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much most GMs or team have an idea what any other team may be looking for. I mean does anyone really think other teams don't know the Pats need TE,DT, WR and maybe QB? Of course they do so I don't think there are any surprises when a team see's BB looking at D Linemen. He needs to stay away from the WR grouping BB sucks at taking WRs. In fact we need to go to a 5 TE set.

Haha exactly. Especially 1st round everyone has a good idea of who is going to go and where. There are obviously a surprise here and there but for the most part teams are going to have a good idea. Heck most teams don't even try to hide who they like in the 1st. Last year every one and their dog knew Tamp Bay was going to take Devin White. I know 2 months before the draft that the Broncos were going to take Bolles. Beyond round 1 yes things get a little more interesting as teams have some different views on prospects and their fits. Which is again why BB talking to Kuechly was not a big deal. He was thought of as a 1st round prospect from the very beginning of the process.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So he needs to feign serious interest in a few WR's or RB's.
Then go pick a DT or OL after he jukes a few other teams to draft someone they don't need or isn't very good.
Ala Tim Tebow to the Skippy and Broncos.