• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND-Clemson game ..... let's warm this thing up.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any way u guys can start that bum that played while Watson was hurt last yr? id feel much better about next wkend

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quotes about Death Valley
"Death Valley really lives up to its image. I was impressed with this stadium. When you put 80,000 people in there, it really feels like they are on top of you. I would hate to be Georgia Tech or whoever else comes in here."
--San Francisco 49ers Quarterback Steve Young

"Everything just seems like a hushed roar. Thats all you hear. You really cant hear anybody standing next to you. You just have to shake your head and pretend like you heard what they said. I think its just the mystique of Clemson and seeing the guys coming off the hilltop and the way the stadium is shaped."
--North Carolina All-American Marcus Jones

"There is no place louder or picturesque than Death Valley. There, where Clemson folks see magic in a hill and a rock, orange gets more respect than anywhere this side of Gainesville, FL."
--Terence Moore, Atlanta Constitution

"I remember being nervous before the game because there were 80,000 people dressed in orange. Its intimidating. I even threw up before the game. Its the only time I've ever done that."
--Former Duke Quarterback Dave Brown

"When Clemson players rub that rock and run down the hill, its the most exciting 25 seconds in college football. "
--Brent Musberger, ABC Sports

"I came here knowing it would be loud and that Clemson would hit me hard, but to me, the noise was the biggest factor. I know I didn't concentrate as well because of it."
--Herschel Walker after Clemson's 13-3 victory in 1981, his only regular season loss at Georgia.

"When you get to the bottom its like you're in a hole and all around you are nothing but Clemson fans. Its like the crowd is one big voice. You feel like little kings."
--Former Clemson running back Rodney Blunt

"Clemson's record at home is not a coincidence. Running down the hill is a part of that record. You get so inspired, and so much of college football is about emotion. You get out of that bus and you hear the roar of the crowd and it gives up chills up and down your spine."
--Former Clemson All-America kicker David Treadwell

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It's the most emotional experience I've ever had."
--Five-time All-Pro and former Clemson All-American Michael Dean Perry

"Running down the hill is still talked about everywhere I go. Players who played against Clemson when I was in college remember us running the hill and thinking we would gain some type of spirit. The adrenaline rush was unbelievable for a Clemson player and quite a shock for the opponent."
--Former Clemson All-American Jerry Butler

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any way u guys can start that bum that played while Watson was hurt last yr? id feel much better about next wkend
lol. He graduated. He's now a coach at jacksonville State.

But if something does happen to Watson our 2nd stringer is worse than the one you're talking about.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. He graduated. He's now a coach at jacksonville State.

But if something does happen to Watson our 2nd stringer is worse than the one you're talking about.

I wont call u a liar but I find that hard to believe. that dude was BAD

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont call u a liar but I find that hard to believe. that dude was BAD
I can understand your disbelief, but I shit you not, Nick Schuessler is bad. I hate to say that about a kid, but he is terrible. Hopefully they will skip him and put in the true freshman, Bryant. Now Bryant has some potential, but Dabo has already said that Schuessler is his go to guy if Watson goes down. We will get fucking throttled by everyone if Watson goes down and Nick gets the start. Sorry Nick, I know you're trying.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quotes about Death Valley
"Death Valley really lives up to its image. I was impressed with this stadium. When you put 80,000 people in there, it really feels like they are on top of you. I would hate to be Georgia Tech or whoever else comes in here."
--San Francisco 49ers Quarterback Steve Young

"Everything just seems like a hushed roar. Thats all you hear. You really cant hear anybody standing next to you. You just have to shake your head and pretend like you heard what they said. I think its just the mystique of Clemson and seeing the guys coming off the hilltop and the way the stadium is shaped."
--North Carolina All-American Marcus Jones

"There is no place louder or picturesque than Death Valley. There, where Clemson folks see magic in a hill and a rock, orange gets more respect than anywhere this side of Gainesville, FL."
--Terence Moore, Atlanta Constitution

"I remember being nervous before the game because there were 80,000 people dressed in orange. Its intimidating. I even threw up before the game. Its the only time I've ever done that."
--Former Duke Quarterback Dave Brown

"When Clemson players rub that rock and run down the hill, its the most exciting 25 seconds in college football. "
--Brent Musberger, ABC Sports

"I came here knowing it would be loud and that Clemson would hit me hard, but to me, the noise was the biggest factor. I know I didn't concentrate as well because of it."
--Herschel Walker after Clemson's 13-3 victory in 1981, his only regular season loss at Georgia.

"When you get to the bottom its like you're in a hole and all around you are nothing but Clemson fans. Its like the crowd is one big voice. You feel like little kings."
--Former Clemson running back Rodney Blunt

"Clemson's record at home is not a coincidence. Running down the hill is a part of that record. You get so inspired, and so much of college football is about emotion. You get out of that bus and you hear the roar of the crowd and it gives up chills up and down your spine."
--Former Clemson All-America kicker David Treadwell

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It's the most emotional experience I've ever had."
--Five-time All-Pro and former Clemson All-American Michael Dean Perry

"Running down the hill is still talked about everywhere I go. Players who played against Clemson when I was in college remember us running the hill and thinking we would gain some type of spirit. The adrenaline rush was unbelievable for a Clemson player and quite a shock for the opponent."
--Former Clemson All-American Jerry Butler
This is the mystique & intimidation factor that has been worrying me since seeing it on the sked ... at nite ... in a place with a well-deserved name of "Death Valley". :scared:

Not many teams come outta there, unscathed.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot damn!! I just got myself all amped up!! This shit is awesome. Everyone should experience it live, at least once.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe these two teams have only played each other twice ... 1977 & 1979, with a split 1-1 Clemson winning the last one @ the Bend.

1977 @ Clemson: Notre Dame 21 ... Clemson 17
1979 @ South Bend: Clemson 16 ... Notre Dame 10

Good sign ... only place we beat yall was at Death Valley. :eyebrows:

NXIETDUDNQKIDOJ.20120912181603.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot damn!! I just got myself all amped up!! This shit is awesome. Everyone should experience it live, at least once.

If you don't get friggen goose bumps watching that, then you just don't 'get' college football or tradition. :suds:

Wonderin what the O/U is on how many times we'll hear that damn tiger roar over the PA system during the game?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't get friggen goose bumps watching that, then you just don't 'get' college football or tradition. :suds:

The roar is usually after 1st downs and TD's or big 3rd downs for the Clemson D.

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, will try to get to as many of those destinations as possible. Go Irish!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's at least two of us. Me either. I'm hoping for a blow out, but I'm prepared for disappointment.

I wouldn't hold my breath on a blow out better to settle for a win, that is all I'm looking for. Clemson has yet to play anybody too impressive yet Wofford and Appalachian State aren't good teams and Louisville might be a bowl team but their offense has been struggling to get it done, I mean they made Auburn look good.