• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if they don’t?

Doesn’t make me wrong.

I am a teacher in public school. I have to deal with some horribly behaved kids every day. You learn pretty quick in my position that calling out an emotionally disturbed student in front of everybody is never going to end well.

That is essentially what Arians did.
Just saying had he acted the least bit unprofessional there would be all the usual suspects lined up to call him out on it. I really believe they are doing Brown a huge favor by not saying much. Hope he gets his life straightened out at some point. If he doesn’t we have an idea of how it might end.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying had he acted the least bit unprofessional there would be all the usual suspects lined up to call him out on it. I really believe they are doing Brown a huge favor by not saying much. Hope he gets his life straightened out at some point. If he doesn’t we have an idea of how it might end.

I am not even saying Arians acted unprofessionally necessarily.

If the injury thing is true, then yes he did.

Even if it isn’t true though, Arians should have done a better job of knowing his player. AB is that problem child.

So if I am in Arians position, and AB is saying he can’t/won’t play, then I am letting it go in the moment. Let him sit on the sideline. Maybe even send him with the trainers. Call him in to the office after the game for a 1 on 1 and cut his ass.

Calling AB out publicly is ALWAYS going to end in a spectacle. And Arians knew this when he signed him. Knew it when he brought him back in week 16.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he obviously wasn't having issues with running and jumping. He certainly didn't seem to be having issues with with running and jumping when he was leaving.

Like I said, maybe issues with planting and cutting, involved with running routes? Doesn't matter at this point really...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not a watcher of the daily screaming at each other shows, but I seriously wonder if even one person has taken this viewpoint? I have yet to read anything where anyone was going after Arians in any way.

I saw several former players today...they all said basically the same thing...they hope he gets whatever help he needs, but they all also said it was on him, not Arians. 2 of his teammates tried to calm him down...but he wasnt having it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw several former players today...they all said basically the same thing...they hope he gets whatever help he needs, but they all also said it was on him, not Arians. 2 of his teammates tried to calm him down...but he wasnt having it.
And it is now being reported that Brown never told anyone he was too hurt to play. Shocker.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if they don’t?

Doesn’t make me wrong.

I am a teacher in public school. I have to deal with some horribly behaved kids every day. You learn pretty quick in my position that calling out an emotionally disturbed student in front of everybody is never going to end well.

That is essentially what Arians did.

Yes, because after all, grown ass adult men in the NFL and kids in a classroom are the same thing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because after all, grown ass adult men in the NFL and kids in a classroom are the same thing.

Not what I am saying.

Bucs knew what they were getting when they signed him. And they signed him anyway.

What did they expect?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then quit trying to put this anywhere but where it belongs...on AB. This is 100% on AB...especially now that Arians says AB never said anything about his ankle and considering that AB didn't look to have a problem with his ankle as he left.

I've heard several former players talk about this morning...not one has put this on anyone but AB.

Two logical fallacies here.

Eyeballing an injury isn't good practice. I've seen players walk/jog off and later find out they tore their knee.

Former players are all about virtue boasting and the grandfather complex...."in my day...", "real men....", etc. Just like how Herbstreit and Howard were blasting the current generation of players for not loving football because they opted out of bowl games (which was being discussed due to Corral's injury), glossing over the idea that the network that employs them is largely responsible for the playoff system that made those bowl games largely meaningless. Herbstreit had no pro future and waited until his senior year for his chance to play, of course he would play every last game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I am saying.

Yet, thats pretty much what you said. Even with mental issues, there is still no comparison.

Bucs knew what they were getting when they signed him. And they signed him anyway.

And AB knew that his bullshit wouldnt be tolerated...what did he expect to happen.

Bottom line...the Bucs gave him a chance and he fucked it up all on his own.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eyeballing an injury isn't good practice. I've seen players walk/jog off and later find out they tore their knee.

Actually, it is, but it depends on the injury. Knee injuries are different from ankle injuries. There are knee injuries where a person can walk and even run in a straight line, but make you drop to the ground in pain as soon as you try to cut.

Ankle injuries dont do that. If an ankle hurts bad enough to keep you out of a game, you arent going to be jumping and skipping around.

Former players are all about virtue boasting and the grandfather complex...."in my day...", "real men....", etc. Just like how Herbstreit and Howard were blasting the current generation of players for not loving football because they opted out of bowl games (which was being discussed due to Corral's injury), glossing over the idea that the network that employs them is largely responsible for the playoff system that made those bowl games largely meaningless. Herbstreit had no pro future and waited until his senior year for his chance to play, of course he would play every last game.

Except, thats not what has been happening.

And lol at trying to point out a logical fallacy that wasnt, while using what a couple of others said about a situation that is completely different from the one being discussed to try to back your argument.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, thats pretty much what you said. Even with mental issues, there is still no comparison.

And AB knew that his bullshit wouldnt be tolerated...what did he expect to happen.

Bottom line...the Bucs gave him a chance and he fucked it up all on his own.

No it isn’t what I saying.

@thunderc was saying that none of the talking heads mentioned anything about Arians mishandling this.

I said what I did because I have a lot of personal experience working from a position of authority and working with very difficult people. So my perspective is different from theirs.

But yeah, AB does act like a child, so maybe it works in that way too even though it isn’t how I intended it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the coach knows the player.

If that is how you are going to handle AB then you shouldn’t have signed him in the first place.

0% chance AB is going to respond in any kind of normal way after what Arians said to him.
I’m assuming you’ve never played football. Players play hurt all of the time. I haven’t seen one person in the media criticize Arians.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. It's still on AB and Arians has 50+ other players to be concerned about. How does it look to them if he doesn't deal with AB right there? He was already on his last chance before the vaxx card crap...this was just the final straw.
This. Arians loses the team if he lets AB walk all over him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s likely a column A and column B situation. CTE can exacerbate existing issues.
AB has been coddled pretty much his whole life. Let’s not keep using CTE as an excuse why a player acts up the way they do.