• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m assuming you’ve never played football. Players play hurt all of the time. I haven’t seen one person in the media criticize Arians.

So what.

I am criticizing him.

He didn’t handle it well.

If you take the risk of signing a player like Brown, then bring him back to win games after he fakes his vaccine card, then you reap what you sow.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what.

I am criticizing him.

He didn’t handle it well.

If you take the risk of signing a player like Brown, then bring him back to win games after he fakes his vaccine card, then you reap what you sow.

You are not allowed to have your opinion. Must agree with everything they say in the media

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Arians loses the team if he lets AB walk all over him.

Really?

Do you honestly believe he loses the team if he sends AB in with the trainer and then cuts him before the post game presser is over?

Really?

There are a lot of ways to hold someone accountable without doing it in a way that creates a public spectacle.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said what I did because I have a lot of personal experience working from a position of authority and working with very difficult people. So my perspective is different from theirs.

Unless your experience is with adult NFL players, no you don't have more experience dealing with issues. Dealing with children and adults are completely different. I have a lot of experience dealing with difficult children and with difficult adults...they are not the same.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless your experience is with adult NFL players, no you don't have more experience dealing with issues. Dealing with children and adults are completely different. I have a lot of experience dealing with difficult children and with difficult adults...they are not the same.

Of course it is different.

Much harder dealing with children. Especially when you can’t cut the ones you don’t want to work with.

But AB acts like a child, so maybe not that different.

Point remains.

You give an ultimatum to an unstable person, however old they may be, and they are going to react poorly.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Do you honestly believe he loses the team if he sends AB in with the trainer and then cuts him before the post game presser is over?

Really?

There are a lot of ways to hold someone accountable without doing it in a way that creates a public spectacle.
Maybe the trainer already saw him and said AB was good to go. At that point others on that team are likely playing hurt and if Arians have AB a pass, yeah it would piss them off.

Turns out AB wasn’t hurt after all as has been mentioned.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the trainer already saw him and said AB was good to go. At that point others on that team are likely playing hurt and if Arians have AB a pass, yeah it would piss them off.

Turns out AB wasn’t hurt after all as has been mentioned.

Except he was definitely hurt.

He was a game time decision due to an ankle that had bothered him most of the season and he re-tweaked in practice.

Maybe the trainers and Arians didn’t think he was too hurt to play.

But if AB did not think he was okay to play, then he gets to make the decision for his body.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is different.

Much harder dealing with children. Especially when you can’t cut the ones you don’t want to work with.

But AB acts like a child, so maybe not that different.

Point remains.

You give an ultimatum to an unstable person, however old they may be, and they are going to react poorly.

The only ultimatum he was given was when he was first signed. The ultimatum was that if he has any more incidents, he's gone. If the Bucs made a mistake, it was in giving him a 2nd chance and not cutting him over the fake vaxx card.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only ultimatum he was given was when he was first signed. The ultimatum was that if he has any more incidents, he's gone. If the Bucs made a mistake, it was in giving him a 2nd chance and not cutting him over the fake vaxx card.

Exactly.

They did not do what they said they were going to do.

Arians mistake again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Arians mistake again.

lol

And if they cut him then, you'd on here saying the Bucs overreacted.

He's a grown ass man and needs to handle his own shit. This not on the Bucs or Arians. This is 100% on AB.

You can try to make all of the excuses you want. It won't change the fact that AB is responsible for his own actions and he is now paying the consequences of those actions.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

He's a grown ass man and needs to handle his own shit. This not on the Bucs or Arians. This is 100% on AB.

You can try to make all of the excuses you want. It won't change the fact that AB is responsible for his own actions and he is now paying the consequences of those actions.
I briefly saw Jalen Rose this afternoon not taking the opportunity to stick up for Brown. So we know he literally has nothing.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Arians mistake again.

I really felt like you were taking a contrarian angle on Simmons and his mental health but this is pretty blatantly obvious.

Yes AB is in control of his own body, no that does not mean he gets carte blanche to refuse to honor his contract. Otherwise any athlete could sign a huge deal and just feign injury for the whole thing.

It's highly.unusual to address said situation in the middle of a game, I will grant you that but AB is a whole other ball game. Literally everyone is tired of his bullshit.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I will agree that AB is legitimately insane whereas Ben Simmons is exaggerating Phillystagefrightitis to cash a check.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Hell no.

Might of criticized them for signing him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really felt like you were taking a contrarian angle on Simmons and his mental health but this is pretty blatantly obvious.

Yes AB is in control of his own body, no that does not mean he gets carte blanche to refuse to honor his contract. Otherwise any athlete could sign a huge deal and just feign injury for the whole thing.

It's highly.unusual to address said situation in the middle of a game, I will grant you that but AB is a whole other ball game. Literally everyone is tired of his bullshit.

Then cut him!

Simple and clean.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB has been coddled pretty much his whole life. Let’s not keep using CTE as an excuse why a player acts up the way they do.
Have you examined him? I’m not sure how you can rule that out knowing that he has a concussion history.