• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure he's going somewhere this spring, and he's more likely than Rodgers (who likely wants a bigger spotlight). Hard to find a better situation to drop into than the Browns that isn't already heavily invested into a QB. Well, Steelers fit that bill too.
Haven't heard anything on Carrol leaving.....but as mentioned, not sure why he'd move on from him as doubt he'd be interested in a rebuild at his age.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no reason to defend the Titans. They've beaten both of my teams (Rams and Bills) and I was actively rooting against them this week. I just respect Tyrod.
I like the guy, too....and you are right about some bad luck for him.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool......but it will have little or nothing to do with his next contract. Perform and he'll get what he wants. Don't and he wont.

Opposite is true as well, meaning if he did everything right off the field.
Which is the reason he is still playing when anyone with any sense would have already shut it down.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is the reason he is still playing when anyone with any sense would have already shut it down.
He is still playing for his contract when playing hurt has very possibly made him play worse? McFly?

Perhaps he's playing because he's a gamer and been cleared by the docs and trainers?

don't play and lose and what's the narrative from his critics? "How can he sit when team needs a win and he's been cleared by the docs to play? He's too worried about his contract (or he's soft, take your pick)."

Oh, the irony.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is still playing for his contract when playing hurt has very possibly made him play worse? McFly?

Perhaps he's playing because he's a gamer and been cleared by the docs and trainers?

don't play and lose and what's the narrative from his critics? "How can he sit when team needs a win and he's been cleared by the docs to play? He's too worried about his contract (or he's soft, take your pick)."

Oh, the irony.
It’s a bit of all of it, but he is far from 100 percent.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool......but it will have little or nothing to do with his next contract. Perform and he'll get what he wants. Don't and he wont.

Opposite is true as well, meaning if he did everything right off the field.

Yeah, but it isn’t that simple.

If he were elite it would be.

When you are average (or maybe below average) leadership skills can make all the difference between being a guy the franchise wants and not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a bit of all of it, but he is far from 100 percent.
I agree he's likely very far from 100%. Not sure how being far from 100% and not playing like he's capable (if in fact this is true) is good for him as far as the contract goes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but it isn’t that simple.

If he were elite it would be.

When you are average (or maybe below average) leadership skills can make all the difference between being a guy the franchise wants and not.
It is that simple. If he's average or below average he's not getting the big deal he wants. Try again.

would add while what he does off field matters it's likely they care more about how he leads in practice and in games.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically he's gotta get healthy for next season then prove he's worth the kinda money true franchise QB's get. Because right now he's not worth that kinda money.

I disagree.....kind of. lol

He is a franchise QB...but he's not a Brady, Wilson, Roethlisberger (before he got old), Rogers, level franchise QB. The Browns can definitely win a Super Bowl with him. They just need a better team around him than those other guys do.

Both sides have to be smart. If Baker demands Brady, Wilson, etc. money...the Browns should move on from him, imo. If he wants to be more reasonable (maybe even take a shorter contract at a bit less, then they can re-negotiate in say....3 years if he shows he's worth more) then they should keep him and concentrate on any weak spots in their roster.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh No Facepalm GIF by Aminé

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.....kind of. lol

He is a franchise QB...but he's not a Brady, Wilson, Roethlisberger (before he got old), Rogers, level franchise QB. The Browns can definitely win a Super Bowl with him. They just need a better team around him than those other guys do.

Both sides have to be smart. If Baker demands Brady, Wilson, etc. money...the Browns should move on from him, imo. If he wants to be more reasonable (maybe even take a shorter contract at a bit less, then they can re-negotiate in say....3 years if he shows he's worth more) then they should keep him and concentrate on any weak spots in their roster.

Yeah I misspoke on that one for sure. Should have put him in the proper QB tier. After all he did take a team that had only won 4 games the previous 3 seasons and went 6-7 his rookie year. And did win a playoff game last year. When healthy he proved last season with the weapons he has around him he can be successful. Just a little pissed at his comments towards the fans. Didn't like it. But if he's winning that stuff will be forgotten.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I misspoke on that one for sure. Should have put him in the proper QB tier. After all he did take a team that had only won 4 games the previous 3 seasons and went 6-7 his rookie year. And did win a playoff game last year. When healthy he proved last season with the weapons he has around him he can be successful. Just a little pissed at his comments towards the fans. Didn't like it. But if he's winning that stuff will be forgotten.
think the weapons he has a bit overblown. sure, he has elite RBs but WRs? Most of last year and this he has a guy who is a stud #2 as his #1 guy. 2, 3 and 4 have been guys like Higgins, DPJ, Hodge and Schwartz.

Don't like that he refused to talk after the game....I'm fine telling the fans they need to shut up when we have the ball.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly.

Imo, the main thing with Baker is he needs some maturity. His confidence and swagger, serve him well for the most part. After all, he was a #1overall pick despite not being a #1 overall level talent.

Unfortunately, he hasn't yet learned to turn that off (or at least down) when he finds himself in situations like that one and it bites him in the ass a little bit. A bit more maturity should help him with that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is that simple. If he's average or below average he's not getting the big deal he wants. Try again.

would add while what he does off field matters it's likely they care more about how he leads in practice and in games.

Do you honestly believe that leadership and other intangibles aren’t included in the Browns’ assessment of Baker and how much they are willing to pay him?

Because it matters.

And if history is any indication, average does get the big money at the QB position.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think the weapons he has a bit overblown. sure, he has elite RBs but WRs? Most of last year and this he has a guy who is a stud #2 as his #1 guy. 2, 3 and 4 have been guys like Higgins, DPJ, Hodge and Schwartz.

Don't like that he refused to talk after the game....I'm fine telling the fans they need to shut up when we have the ball.

I like the RB's & o-line. But would really like to see a WR upgrade in the offseason. I heard OBJ will be a FA. :heh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Imo, the main thing with Baker is he needs some maturity. His confidence and swagger, serve him well for the most part. After all, he was a #1overall pick despite not being a #1 overall level talent.

Unfortunately, he hasn't yet learned to turn that off (or at least down) when he finds himself in situations like that one and it bites him in the ass a little bit. A bit more maturity should help him with that.

At times Mayfield's mouth gets in the way of things. If he's cut out some of the stupid shit he says he'd be more tolerable.