• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is a well established QB with a rep for performing when the chips are down then I agree it wouldn’t matter.

But when in Baker’s situation playing for his first big contract and playing to be the future of the franchise, EVERYTHING matters.

Situations like this are opportunities to send a message to the fans, the organization and teammates that he is the leader they can count on.
That's cool......but it will have little or nothing to do with his next contract. Perform and he'll get what he wants. Don't and he wont.

Opposite is true as well, meaning if he did everything right off the field.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, next year's QB crop isn't top of the draft quality and likely needs to development, so maybe that plays into Cleveland's situation a bit. A CBS mock I just looked at only had 1 QB picked before the Browns' current slot (Corral #4 to Houston). Lots of time for that to change of course.

Personally I think a Mayfield + 2 first rounders + a 3rd rounder & free lifetime passes to the Rock & Roll HOF for Bengals owner Mike Brown's family for Joe Burrow is a very legit trade.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the problem? From dawgpound-daily-.com- Baker Mayfield calls out fans who booed him Sunday. He said he doesn't care what the fans think. Fuck him. He plays badly, he deserves to be booed.

Then his stupid wife went to the social medias and questioned the entire teams toughness. I never have been a 100% Mayfield fan. After this nonsense not sure I can support that massive douchebag anymore.
That's actually not what he said. Really what he said was those were likely the same idiots who didn't know when your team as it home to should shut up when they have the ball. I do think he said he does not care what media thinks and that he is playing for his teammates.

also a dumb move by his wife....luckily she isn't on the team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think a Mayfield + 2 first rounders + a late pick & free lifetime passes to the Rock & Roll HOF for Bengals owner Mike Brown's family for Joe Burrow is a very legit trade.

LOL. I think Russell Wilson makes a lot of sense for the Browns, in that he's basically the player most hope that Mayfield could eventually become if he maxxed out. Wilson with a defense, o-line and a running game could be devastating, and he's not going to have all 3 in Seattle moving forward (and I wouldn't be surprised if Carroll is out after the season either).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking vs Davis Mills, not Watson. Last year is so.......last year? Losing to a Davis Mills led Texans team is much worse than a Tyrod led team.
Ok...but losing to a TT led Texan team is also really bad.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player should never badmouth a loyal fanbase like that. But Mayfield's ego (and I knew this already) is bigger than the state of Ohio.
I agree the QB should not have to tell fans to shut up when they have the ball. The fans should know this.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Supporting her man is great, but she needs to be smarter about it. Of course, being in the commercials with him could've emboldened her...at least made her more recognizable.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, next year's QB crop isn't top of the draft quality and likely needs to development, so maybe that plays into Cleveland's situation a bit. A CBS mock I just looked at only had 1 QB picked before the Browns' current slot (Corral #4 to Houston). Lots of time for that to change of course.
while there have been some exceptions (Mac Jones a recent one perhaps) if you are taking a QB in the teens it's not likely to hit on that QB. In fact, it's very unlikely. My guess is they'd let it play out another year with baker or deal for a vet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I think Russell Wilson makes a lot of sense for the Browns, in that he's basically the player most hope that Mayfield could eventually become if he maxxed out. Wilson with a defense, o-line and a running game could be devastating, and he's not going to have all 3 in Seattle moving forward (and I wouldn't be surprised if Carroll is out after the season either).
Probably more likely if Carrol out. If he stays, I doubt a 70-year-old cares about future picks he'd get for Wilson and he wants to win right away.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supporting her man is great, but she needs to be smarter about it. Of course, being in the commercials with him could've emboldened her...at least made her more recognizable.
at the very least she realized pretty quickly it was wrong and took it down (well, her version as all she did was share the post). I do hope Baker is at least trying to explain to her she needs to keep those opinions to herself.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably more likely if Carrol out. If he stays, I doubt a 70-year-old cares about future picks he'd get for Wilson and he wants to win right away.

He didn't seem very invested during his q&a after this week's game. He seems done to me.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually not what he said. Really what he said was those were likely the same idiots who didn't know when your team as it home to should shut up when they have the ball. I do think he said he does not care what media thinks and that he is playing for his teammates.

As the QB of the team it's a terrible look for him to say this after being asked about the fans booing him- "don't really care". Fuck that Bowel Movement in shoulder pads.

He doesn't care what the fans think of him. Well I can guarantee more Browns fans are against him after that dumbass comment.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russell Wilson? That would be just fine with me. But I won't get my hopes up. He'd be a great fit with that running attack.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the QB should not have to tell fans to shut up when they have the ball. The fans should know this.

Didn't say anything about that. You brought that up. But that's something else he shouldn't be saying.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straw-man argument there. I wasn't defending TN losing whatsoever, just pointing out that the Tyrod is a far better leader and QB than Mills.

The only team close to clean (no bad losses) would be the Cards, and only because they have been without Kyler and Hopkins for weeks now. Take away the injury excuse and the whole league is varying levels of mediocre....other than the Lions.
Not sure why you'd even bring up missing TT if not defending it, but whatever.

I can agree with the AZ comment for the most part. However, getting blown out by Carolina might not withstand the injury excuse. Losing to them? sure. Blown out by a good team? OK.

still think you can put them above others as the worst loss they have is a blowout loss without the starting QB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson? That would be just fine with me. But I won't get my hopes up. He'd be a great fit with that running attack.

I figure he's going somewhere this spring, and he's more likely than Rodgers (who likely wants a bigger spotlight). Hard to find a better situation to drop into than the Browns that isn't already heavily invested into a QB. Well, Steelers fit that bill too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say anything about that. You brought that up. But that's something else he shouldn't be saying.
Maybe you didn't say it, but that's the main reason he called out THOSE fans. Not all the fans.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you'd even bring up missing TT if not defending it, but whatever.

I can agree with the AZ comment for the most part. However, getting blown out by Carolina might not withstand the injury excuse. Losing to them? sure. Blown out by a good team? OK.

still think you can put them above others as the worst loss they have is a blowout loss without the starting QB.

I have no reason to defend the Titans. They've beaten both of my teams (Rams and Bills) and I was actively rooting against them this week. I just respect Tyrod.