• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...try and stay focused. The only thing I said was it's absurd for the same person/people to try to rip the guy by saying coach doesn't trust him AND coach is having him throw too much. If anything, coach trusted him too much. If he didn't trust the guy he would not have him throwing in bad weather without 2 of his better WRs, a lead late in game and an elite RB.

want to question the coach for it? I would, too.

I also want him to be better....has nothing to do with the discussion.

You are absurd

I didn’t watch. But again, more to trust than volume. What types of pass plays were being called, etc. Was the defense stacking the box, etc.

I don’t know the answer.

But you probably don’t either even though you did watch it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are absurd

I didn’t watch. But again, more to trust than volume. What types of pass plays were being called, etc. Was the defense stacking the box, etc.

I don’t know the answer.

But you probably don’t either even though you did watch it.
In fact, I do know he made a lot of downfield throws in bad weather. I also know if any coach lacks faith in any QB he does not have him throw over using an elite RB/run game that is working in a game his team is winning in bad weather.

If you just want to rip Baker I wont stop you as he was not good....but try to stay on topic.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do look better.

NFL looking like it might even be more unpredictable than we said it looked last week.

Looking more and more like there are no great teams (with the possible exception of a healthy Cards team, if that can happen again this season). Playoff seeding is going to be a mess.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best description of Baker's play? After the first interception, I think it was Romo who criticized the defender for celebration the pick, something along the lines of "congrats, you were so far out of position that the overthrow came right to you," lol.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking more and more like there are no great teams (with the possible exception of a healthy Cards team, if that can happen again this season). Playoff seeding is going to be a mess.
I guess maybe TN could have been great before they lost henry. But even that should not result in 4 INTs and loss to an awful team. Crazy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best description of Baker's play? After the first interception, I think it was Romo who criticized the defender for celebration the pick, something along the lines of "congrats, you were so far out of position that the overthrow came right to you," lol.
didn't hear Romo say it but Johnson and Arrington credited the guy which I thought at time was nuts. Just an OK throw and the DB is beat.

I'd give benefit of doubt to Arrington (as his first game I heard) but he was pretty bad. Never been a fan of Gus Johnson...too dramatic.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't hear Romo say it but Johnson and Arrington credited the guy which I thought at time was nuts. Just an OK throw and the DB is beat.

I'd give benefit of doubt to Arrington (as his first game I heard) but he was pretty bad. Never been a fan of Gus Johnson...too dramatic.

I'm not sure it was Romo, was lost in the mix of the Red Zone channel lol.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it was Romo, was lost in the mix of the Red Zone channel lol.
when you said Romo just figured he might have said something after the game. For sure was not him on the call.

They were just off a lot. Would be a run where the guy was definitely short of the line and they'd say close....we'll have to wait. Things like that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you just want to rip Baker I wont stop you as he was not good....but try to stay on topic.

From what Cowherd is saying this morning, it sounds like Baker is beat all to shit. I guess he's got a shoulder issue, a knee issue and he mentioned something else, but I forget what it was. Tough to play QB in any kind of weather with all of that going on.

Whatever the reason, Baker didn't play well, but his teammates stepped up a bit and they won anyway.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what Cowherd is saying this morning, it sounds like Baker is beat all to shit. I guess he's got a shoulder issue, a knee issue and he mentioned something else, but I forget what it was. Tough to play QB in any kind of weather with all of that going on.

Whatever the reason, Baker didn't play well, but his teammates stepped up a bit and they won anyway.
something wrong with his foot before the game and it got stepped on during the game. I guess something can be said for injuries no excuse once on field but does come a point where it matters a little? wonder if Keenum just does not look good in practice and just feel this level Baker still a better option to win?

I'd say running game stepped up in a big way. at least the RBs. sure, the line helped open holes but also committed a ton of dumb penalties to make things even harder on the O.

Guess could say D stepped up but how could they not in that weather against that opponent?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, they played the Lions.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something wrong with his foot before the game and it got stepped on during the game. I guess something can be said for injuries no excuse once on field but does come a point where it matters a little? wonder if Keenum just does not look good in practice and just feel this level Baker still a better option to win?

I'd say running game stepped up in a big way. at least the RBs. sure, the line helped open holes but also committed a ton of dumb penalties to make things even harder on the O.

Guess could say D stepped up but how could they not in that weather against that opponent?

Yeah, That's always a tough call. Baker strikes me as an "if I'm breathing, I'm playing" type. I didn't see the game, so I don't know how bad the weather actually was. But it may be that they figured that, with the weather, they were going to lean on the running game anyway. So they let him play.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, That's always a tough call. Baker strikes me as an "if I'm breathing, I'm playing" type. I didn't see the game, so I don't know how bad the weather actually was. But it may be that they figured that, with the weather, they were going to lean on the running game anyway. So they let him play.
something to be said for that.....and even if on, Keenum does not have much of an arm so wind/rain a big issue for him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...who tied the steelers and lost to Bmore on a 66 yarder. TN "played Houston" and got beat

Davis "just win baby" has never meant more than this season.
I’m just saying…even competent QB play and it’s a 2 TD victory. IDGAF, pay the guy if you want.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just saying…even competent QB play and it’s a 2 TD victory. IDGAF, pay the guy if you want.
I'm just saying is LJ not a competent QB? They needed a 66 yarder to beat them. Far from the only person who allowed the game to stay close. Plenty of dumb penalties by O and D-lines that moved us behind the sticks. A long TD run allowed by the D with little effort by some.

Hope you had help moving the goal posts as nothing I said about the game insinuated we should pay him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying is LJ not a competent QB? They needed a 66 yarder to beat them. Far from the only person who allowed the game to stay close. Plenty of dumb penalties by O and D-lines that moved us behind the sticks. A long TD run allowed by the D with little effort by some.

Hope you had help moving the goal posts as nothing I said about the game insinuated we should pay him.
You're right. I'm wrong. Go pay Mayfield 30-35-40 mil a year to be the 20th best QB in football. We're on a run of like 5 straight weeks where you show up on Monday with all sorts of excuses for Mayfield.