• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two greatest players in wcbb history are both white

Taurasi and Stewart

And neither got the level of coverage clark or Reese has gotten

I'm going with Cheryl Miller for that one.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the truth.

It is a weird world where you live

The sky is magenta and Iowa state is college football powerhouse

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What isn't being addressed in the sense shoe horning this into a narrative was necessary

I was fine with a guy like Kap making his issue a national deal. I think it's hilarious people tell LeBron "to shut up and dribble" as if he doesn't get an opinion

The difference with Hill is she's very much a hack who does this all the time in situations that don't even call for it.

And @tlance mentioned why can't we have race relations discussions? I personally am very comfortable doing so and calling out white men when they're being whiny bitches but also flip the dialogue in times like these.

People such as Hill would dismiss my POV on "race relations" and that is partly why you have white men becoming frustrated or extreme in their views as they feel their POV is minimalized

I for one think many times they're being whiny bitches....but I can also see the frustration in basically being told your view doesn't count here.
The POV is minimized because it’s not our story to tell. There are times to speak and there are times to listen. I don’t know what the lived experience of people who are different from me are.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stay high and mighty up there in your ivory tower surrounded by filth.
Allow me to apologize for the fact that you used a useless and stupid example to demonstrate racism against whites. No white person was arrested. No white person went to trial. No white person went to jail in your example. That’s not a great example of “racism against whites”. It’s really just a story for those that peddle outrage pron to middle aged white people. I humbly apologize and I’ll do a better job next time you screw the pooch and shit the bed with a horrible example.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The POV is minimized because it’s not our story to tell. There are times to speak and there are times to listen. I don’t know what the lived experience of people who are different from me are.

Depends on the context

Certain boxes have been checked where we as a society have pretty well all come to a social norm agreement minus the extreme outliers. Strides have been made in the acceptance of gay marriage as example..does it mean it's all the way there? I guess not but we also shouldn't act like we are at square 1.

If we are talking about the experience of a black man dealing with the police I obviously cannot insert my experience as being equal. I've spent many a time listening to stories and showing empathy for how they feel.

But when someone just randomly states that the best women's player of at least the last 10 years only gets this press because she's white? I am not allowed to say that's a stupid fucking opinion?

Because it's a stupid fucking opinion.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is not the issue.

But she also isn’t the best messenger to bridge the divide.

And I honestly don’t know how we get there until both sides of the political aisle agree on what the issue is.

That ain’t happening in my lifetime.
In this case, Hill isn’t trying to create dialogue or to fix anything. She’s doing what you say we can’t agree on: establishing that an issue exists. She’s getting crucified for having the audacity to bring up a disparity.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a weird world where you live

The sky is magenta and Iowa state is college football powerhouse

Bro, I’m not the one living in the “weird world”.

You have some truly outlandish takes on many topics. And quite a few where you are off on your own island.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the context

Certain boxes have been checked where we as a society have pretty well all come to a social norm agreement minus the extreme outliers. Strides have been made in the acceptance of gay marriage as example..does it mean it's all the way there? I guess not but we also shouldn't act like we are at square 1.

If we are talking about the experience of a black man dealing with the police I obviously cannot insert my experience as being equal. I've spent many a time listening to stories and showing empathy for how they feel.

But when someone just randomly states that the best women's player of at least the last 10 years only gets this press because she's white? I am not allowed to say that's a stupid fucking opinion?

Is she the best women’s player of the last 10 years though? I think that’s Hill’s point.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allow me to apologize for the fact that you used a useless and stupid example to demonstrate racism against whites. No white person was arrested. No white person went to trial. No white person went to jail in your example. That’s not a great example of “racism against whites”. It’s really just a story for those that peddle outrage pron to middle aged white people. I humbly apologize and I’ll do a better job next time you screw the pooch and shit the bed with a horrible example.
If you don’t think a guy that tried to frame white people and prop himself up by faking a race hate crime was racist then we have nothing to talk about. You stay high and mighty.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the context

Also, didn’t you say that you didn’t read her article? She didn’t say that Clark is only getting coverage because she’s white. She’s saying other great players have not gotten the amount of press and coverage she has gotten. That’s a defensible opinion and one that’s consistent with data done in a study in 2021. There’s not much else out there measuring this.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is she the best women’s player of the last 10 years though? I think that’s Hill’s point.
If that were her point the fact that she is white would not have been mentioned, it shouldn’t have been.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don’t think a guy that tried to frame white people and prop himself up by faking a race hate crime was racist then we have nothing to talk about. You stay high and mighty.
I think the disconnect here is your lack of an evolved vocabulary. “Racism” entails a group that is being held down or abused. You can’t prove that in a circumstance where there were zero real world punishments or consequences laid upon a white person.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that were her point the fact that she is white would not have been mentioned, it shouldn’t have been.
Again…
Who
The
Fuck
Are
You?

You don’t like a professional’s work or her voice then don’t read her shit. It’s just that simple. You think it should be done differently? Go put the work in and build your own readership. Don’t want to do that? Then shut right the fuck up about what other people should do with the power of the pen they’ve earned.

This is bizzaro world. You’re simultaneously screaming racism isn’t a thing anymore while also saying the black woman writer shouldn’t write about something you don’t like. And you can’t even see how disjointed that is.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the disconnect here is your lack of an evolved vocabulary. “Racism” entails a group that is being held down or abused. You can’t prove that in a circumstance where there were zero real world punishments or consequences laid upon a white person.
Yup high and mighty, thinking something only believes what you think it is

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh…

A conversation about cops, race and politics.

Hooray!!!

My favorite activity to engage in, outside of a rectal probe using a wine bottle.

View attachment 358654
Haha! @DJ tagging you with the expectation that you have to speak on behalf of all black women is actually a level of racism in itself.