• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue discussing "both sides" of the issue. I'm just stating there is a better approach than making literally everything about race.

(sorry to go political) but the Democrats are losing ground when they should be destroying Reps on a national level as the country becomes more diverse.

And it's because of how they approach issues such as this with this broad stroked approach

By all means let's have an honest discussion of how the drug war continues to cripple black communities unfairly. By all means bring up police corruption when applicable.

But Jesus Christ...Caitlin Clark? Can we just not?

Seems to me that if the biggest racial issue is some WCBB player getting more media coverage because she's white, we must have cured racism in the rest of society.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that if the biggest racial issue is some WCBB player getting more media coverage because she's white, we must have cured racism in the rest of society.
I don’t know how much of it is race and how much is just ignorance, or both. Before the game the other night a buddy of mine was telling me Clark was just a shooter and Reese was a more complete basketball player. After I game of course I said really? Both are great players, don’t know why that’s not enough.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how much of it is race and how much is just ignorance, or both. Before the game the other night a buddy of mine was telling me Clark was just a shooter and Reese was a more complete basketball player. After I game of course I said really? Both are great players, don’t know why that’s not enough.

Both are skilled, but they have different skills because of the position they play.

Caitlyn is a shooter, no doubt. She's the Steph Curry of the Women's game...but she is also a great passer as well. Against LSU, she scored 41 points, but also dished out 12 assists.

Reese is a 4/5 and plays mostly in the paint. She is great at scoring in the paint and is an excellent rebounder. Against Iowa she had 17 points and 20 rebounds.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,055.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston went out and got Stroud a great receiver. Wow.

Having said that, could be Diggs' last stop. He had issues in Minny and Buff....both dealt him.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills lost Gabe Davis too I believe

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got no right to accuse anyone of that. You are not the judge and you really don’t know shit, about much of anything.
So you can call others racist but when that gets turned on you it’s “you have no right!”

At least @DJ had the balls to actually address you with it unlike what you’ve offered Hill.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue discussing "both sides" of the issue. I'm just stating there is a better approach than making literally everything about race.

(sorry to go political) but the Democrats are losing ground when they should be destroying Reps on a national level as the country becomes more diverse.

And it's because of how they approach issues such as this with this broad stroked approach

By all means let's have an honest discussion of how the drug war continues to cripple black communities unfairly. By all means bring up police corruption when applicable.

But Jesus Christ...Caitlin Clark? Can we just not?
No. Somebody has to or stuff never gets addressed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that is her thing and without it literally no one would pay attention to her. She’s a hack.
You’re not doing good work for your side of the argument here. You’re saying that the black female journalist is untalented and that if she didn’t write about such things that she wouldn’t have a career. And yet you wonder why Hill has an audience in this world with what she chooses to focus on. Yikes. I don’t even think you see the disconnect here.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,055.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can call others racist but when that gets turned on you it’s “you have no right!”

At least @DJ had the balls to actually address you with it unlike what you’ve offered Hill.
In fairness, I was just fucking with thunder. He might be a right winger but he ain't one of those jeep, desert rat or bengayfudgepacker right wingers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the part of the Athletic article where she offered the opinion that this is the worst thing going on in the world when it comes to race. What paragraph of the Athletic article was that in?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude she has shown her colors, it’s not debateable. Just go watch anything she has ever said