• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re not doing good work for your side of the argument here. You’re saying that the black female journalist is untalented and that if she didn’t write about such things that she wouldn’t have a career. And yet you wonder why Hill has an audience in this world with what she chooses to focus on. Yikes. I don’t even think you see the disconnect here.
Go talk to your priest

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude she has shown her colors, it’s not debateable. Just go watch anything she has ever said
It’s not debatable because in your world view you think that reverse racism is actually a thing and that whites are the victims of racism. It’s a flawed point. We aren’t going to get anywhere when you maintain a nonsensical belief like that. Whites aren’t the targets of racism. That’s some tone deaf bull shit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go talk to your priest
He’s not the one that’s confused here. I was doing you a solid pointing out the fact that you’re backdooring your own argument.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not debatable because in your world view you think that reverse racism is actually a thing and that whites are the victims of racism. It’s a flawed point. We aren’t going to get anywhere when you maintain a nonsensical belief like that. Whites aren’t the targets of racism. That’s some tone deaf bull shit.
Smolette said to tell you hello

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Somebody has to or stuff never gets addressed.

What isn't being addressed in the sense shoe horning this into a narrative was necessary

I was fine with a guy like Kap making his issue a national deal. I think it's hilarious people tell LeBron "to shut up and dribble" as if he doesn't get an opinion

The difference with Hill is she's very much a hack who does this all the time in situations that don't even call for it.

And @tlance mentioned why can't we have race relations discussions? I personally am very comfortable doing so and calling out white men when they're being whiny bitches but also flip the dialogue in times like these.

People such as Hill would dismiss my POV on "race relations" and that is partly why you have white men becoming frustrated or extreme in their views as they feel their POV is minimalized

I for one think many times they're being whiny bitches....but I can also see the frustration in basically being told your view doesn't count here.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What isn't being addressed in the sense shoe horning this into a narrative was necessary

I was fine with a guy like Kap making his issue a national deal. I think it's hilarious people tell LeBron "to shut up and dribble" as if he doesn't get an opinion

The difference with Hill is she's very much a hack who does this all the time in situations that don't even call for it.

And @tlance mentioned why can't we have race relations discussions? I personally am very comfortable doing so and calling out white men when they're being whiny bitches but also flip the dialogue in times like these.

People such as Hill would dismiss my POV on "race relations" and that is partly why you have white men becoming frustrated or extreme in their views as they feel their POV is minimalized

I for one think many times they're being whiny bitches....but I can also see the frustration in basically being told your view doesn't count here.
some people have a way of going there when they really don’t have a viable argument

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the politicization of these racial issues is that there are too many people out there who legit believe they are being victimized by reverse racism.

The reality is that things had been getting better for awhile.

Yeah, there are some like Jamel Hill who take it too far on occasion and the overall message gets lost because of the messenger’s reputation.

But damn. The reverse racism push that MAGA folks are making is trying to set things back to the way it was before the civil rights movement even started.

And that is plain wrong.

Not sure there is even a pathway for things to get better unfortunately until my generation and older die off and our kids who are way more colorblind than we are have taken over.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the politicization of these racial issues is that there are too many people out there who legit believe they are being victimized by reverse racism.

Yeah, there are some like Jamel Hill who take it too far on occasion and the overall message gets lost because of the messenger’s reputation.

But damn. The reverse racism push that MAGA folks are making is trying to set things back to the way it was before the civil rights movement even started.

And that is plain wrong.

Not sure there is even a pathway for things to get better unfortunately until my generation and older die off and our kids who are way more colorblind than we are have taken over.
I agree for the most part. As with anything political the clickbait media have no interest in helping anything get better either.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that is plain wrong.

This is basically my point. That people like Hill are counterproductive because they give oxygen to those groups because they are not discussing this in a way that invites healthy dialogue.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,055.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Hill is the issue with race.

Not white cops repeatedly killing black men.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that is plain wrong.

Yeah this is a lot of hill level bullshit

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let us know when one of them is a sports figure and we will discuss it further, here anyway.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hill is not the issue.

But she also isn’t the best messenger to bridge the divide.

And I honestly don’t know how we get there until both sides of the political aisle agree on what the issue is.

That ain’t happening in my lifetime.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,055.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is not the issue.

But she also isn’t the best messenger to bridge the divide.

And I honestly don’t know how we get there until both sides of the political aisle agree on what the issue is.

That ain’t happening in my lifetime.
Said it sarcastically. Forgot the green font.