• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll say it, Hill is as racist of a person as there still is out there.

People like her are absolutely the most racist people out there

The irony is off the charts

I haven't heard a lot of her reporting, but from what I've heard, I wouldn't go as far as to say she's a racist. But she does seem to look at most things through a racial lens. The problem with that is that when you look for a race angle, you're going to find it whether it actually exists or not.

I'd be interested in seeing what her basketball reasons are for her claim. What player, of any race, did something that deserved more attention than what Caitlyn Clark did? As I mentioned earlier, Angel Reese got a ton of attention and so did Juju Watkins...a lot of folks are saying that Juju is going to be the face of WCBB for the next 2-3 years.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. This is bull shit. People are responsible for their own actions.

This shouldn’t be political. It’s sports and society.

To a degree sure

But did you ever think we'd land at a society where our former president can shill 60 dollar bibles and people gobble it up?

Social media has created a whole environment of angst filled people (we know which people mostly) who seek reinforcement in their belief system.

Jemele Hill is responsible for her actions also and her behavior helps drive the above. It's just how it is.

If you make everything about race you're going to get the counter response to that.

Again I'm not trying to shit on Aaliyah Boston but her game is basic as all hell. She excels at it sure but if we are analyzing these two as if they were the same ethnicity there would be no one who is being objective that would say Boston is as good.

Really it comes off as if anyone who is white gets some press for good play we are going to make it about their whiteness being some inherent advantage in a sport (rightly) dominated by black players.

And that just creates a whole unnecessary counter response that is negative.

Everybody just fucking stop and enjoy the ride.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a degree sure

But did you ever think we'd land at a society where our former president can shill 60 dollar bibles and people gobble it up?

Social media has created a whole environment of angst filled people (we know which people mostly) who seek reinforcement in their belief system.

Jemele Hill is responsible for her actions also and her behavior helps drive the above. It's just how it is.

If you make everything about race you're going to get the counter response to that.

Again I'm not trying to shit on Aaliyah Boston but her game is basic as all hell. She excels at it sure but if we are analyzing these two as if they were the same ethnicity there would be no one who is being objective that would say Boston is as good.

Really it comes off as if anyone who is white gets some press for good play we are going to make it about their whiteness being some inherent advantage in a sport (rightly) dominated by black players.

And that just creates a whole unnecessary counter response that is negative.

Everybody just fucking stop and enjoy the ride.

The two greatest players in wcbb history are both white

Taurasi and Stewart

And neither got the level of coverage clark or Reese has gotten

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,055.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard a lot of her reporting, but from what I've heard, I wouldn't go as far as to say she's a racist. But she does seem to look at most things through a racial lens. The problem with that is that when you look for a race angle, you're going to find it whether it actually exists or not.

I'd be interested in seeing what her basketball reasons are for her claim. What player, of any race, did something that deserved more attention than what Caitlyn Clark did? As I mentioned earlier, Angel Reese got a ton of attention and so did Juju Watkins...a lot of folks are saying that Juju is going to be the face of WCBB for the next 2-3 years.
She isn't racist at all.

She brings up topics that white America can't handle without screaming racist.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly?

It is really sad to me that race relations has become such a political issue.

Should be able to have conversations like these in 2024.
I’m coming to find out today that if you’re a person of color and you write about topics like a difference in representation or media coverage that it makes you a defacto racist for pointing these things out.

I long and pray for the day when white people will be able to freed from the burden of listening to people talk honestly about race. It’s beyond awful for white people to be reminded that we still have growth that needs to be made with race in America. This must be very painful for them to have to experience. Can you imagine having to be forced to consider ideas that are uncomfortable? I can’t think of much in this world that could be worse than that.

Nooooobody knows…the trouble they’ve seen!

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,055.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She brings up uncomfortable topics people don't like to address.....living in their rose colored house.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She stole yours?
You got no right to accuse anyone of that. You are not the judge and you really don’t know shit, about much of anything.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,055.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got no right to accuse anyone of that. You are not the judge and you really don’t know shit, about much of anything.
Judge Joe Brown GIF

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She isn't racist at all.

She brings up topics that white America can't handle without screaming racist.

Yeah, it can't possibly be that she's finding racial issues where there are none.

What did any other player, of any race, do that deserved more attention than what Caitlyn Clark did?

Maybe she should just report sports and if she happens to come across something racial. look into it and report on that rather than looking for and reporting on race issues where there are none?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m coming to find out today that if you’re a person of color and you write about topics like a difference in representation or media coverage that it makes you a defacto racist for pointing these things out.

I long and pray for the day when white people will be able to freed from the burden of listening to people talk honestly about race. It’s beyond awful for white people to be reminded that we still have growth that needs to be made with race in America. This must be very painful for them to have to experience. Can you imagine having to be forced to consider ideas that are uncomfortable? I can’t think of much in this world that could be worse than that.

Nooooobody knows…the trouble they’ve seen!
I have no issue discussing "both sides" of the issue. I'm just stating there is a better approach than making literally everything about race.

(sorry to go political) but the Democrats are losing ground when they should be destroying Reps on a national level as the country becomes more diverse.

And it's because of how they approach issues such as this with this broad stroked approach

By all means let's have an honest discussion of how the drug war continues to cripple black communities unfairly. By all means bring up police corruption when applicable.

But Jesus Christ...Caitlin Clark? Can we just not?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it can't possibly be that she's finding racial issues where there are none.

What did any other player, of any race, do that deserved more attention than what Caitlyn Clark did?

Maybe she should just report sports and if she happens to come across something racial. look into it and report on that rather than looking for and reporting on race issues where there are none?
Because that is her thing and without it literally no one would pay attention to her. She’s a hack.