• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie mistake.

You have to add "So let it be written. So let it be done."

That will get you the desired response. :nod:
I wanna see him try that...

Sick Multiple Sclerosis GIF by deinechristine

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind you did not address most of my reply.

My favorite was you saying I needed to post what you really said when I gave you the exact quote. You gonna own that foolishness? Of course not.

Then you say based on my previous comments I'm gonna say it's easy to just say Fields and Lance will be great when if anything in my previous comments it's easier to say one will not be great if you only go by past drafting of QBs. Gonna own you were off there? No chance

But that last comment is priceless and why you will never make a comment that I will say you cannot top with something more foolish as you can always dig deeper (as you just proved). I should admit I made an incorrect assumption when unless you tell me what I said was wrong why would I say it was incorrect?

Ya gotta love this forum.

You didn’t quote my post, you editorialized it.

Ok, I made a bad assumption the 3rd part. (See how easy that is).

Fields and Lance have gotten more hype than Wilson. I figured you would think that was chalk.

And it is easy to say 1 will bust, or both will bust or both will be good. What isn’t easy is to be consistently right.

My friend’s data isn’t infallible, but it hasn’t been wrong yet on stars vs busts. It isn’t so cut and dry with guys like Wilson who produce neutral data.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever ya say, comment based on the poster guy. Maybe since we know he wont answer, you can be his lifeline and help him?

If he's not gonna tell me what he means, why would I think my assumption was incorrect?

Because I am telling you it is incorrect.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say I've ever watched it, but know of people who have (or know how one would get it). Couldn't an individual from PFF order it and just share it with the group?

either way I'm not saying it's be all end all at PFF but better than people with clear agendas one way or another.
I’m not up to date. But as recently as 2018-19 the NFL kept the All 22 to themselves for internal use as well as to allow for NFL Films to market with All Access type shows. It was very difficult to get that access and outlets had to pay top dollar for the right to run limited film on air.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn’t quote my post, you editorialized it.

Ok, I made a bad assumption the 3rd part. (See how easy that is).

Fields and Lance have gotten more hype than Wilson. I figured you would think that was chalk.

And it is easy to say 1 will bust, or both will bust or both will be good. What isn’t easy is to be consistently right.

My friend’s data isn’t infallible, but it hasn’t been wrong yet on stars vs busts. It isn’t so cut and dry with guys like Wilson who produce neutral data.
I quoted your post word for word. I even gave you the # of the post to see it was quoted word for word.

Hey, props on owning you were wrong on the QBs so I guess I was wrong that you wouldn't. and because it is so easy, that is why I wonder why you wont own the foolishness about the word for word quote I allegedly misquoted.

Fabulous about your friend, but can you explain why I would think my assumption is wrong if you cannot tell me what I am wrong about?

That's priceless.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I am telling you it is incorrect.
And I'm telling you I think that's kooky talk until proven otherwise. If we all live long enough to see that great day and I am, in fact, off base then I will own I was off base.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not up to date. But as recently as 2018-19 the NFL kept the All 22 to themselves for internal use as well as to allow for NFL Films to market with All Access type shows. It was very difficult to get that access and outlets had to pay top dollar for the right to run limited film on air.
Not sure how he got it, but we had a sports talk host here who watched it frequently since well before 2018. But clearly, PFF watches more than the regular fan does to formulate their opinions.

They also answer the question of "but you don't know the playcall". and let's be honest, Joe Regular Fan has never let that stop him when he rips a coach or player for the playcall. Here is the explanation if you are wondering.......

"We are certainly not in the huddle, but we are grading what a player attempts to do on a given play. While football is extremely nuanced regarding the preparation and adjustments that go into each play call, once the ball is snapped, most players are clear in what they’re trying to accomplish on each play, and we evaluate accordingly. Of course, there are always some gray areas in football. Plays in which there is a clear question mark regarding assignment, we can defer to a “0” grade and not guess as to which player is right or wrong. These plays are few and far between and since we are grading every snap, missing out on a handful throughout the year should not affect player evaluations. Examples of potential gray areas include coverage busts, quarterback/wide receiver miscommunications and missed blocking assignments."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question has to be framed in this way...can you win a Super Bowl with Baker Mayfield? Cause he has likely another 3-4 years before the idea of him winning one sours. Then you missed the window for AR who you know can take a team to the Super Bowl because he’s done it before and been one game away 3 or 4 other times. And in the end may be giving up on Mayfield anyway. You guys see him more than I do. Browns fans would have the best idea of the answer to that question.
well his rookie year he broke the record for TD passes for a rookie despite not starting the first 3 games.

He has gone through 4 different head coaches and 4 different o-coordinators his first 3 years in the league.

despite that- the 2nd half of last season he was one of the best QB's in football, and took the Browns to the limit against the Chiefs. If not for a bad call on a helmet to helmet that cost them a TD that was turned into a touchback they make the AFC title game 3 years after going 0-16 and have a good chance to beat the Bills.

We shall see. I feel good about Baker and I think that he has precisely the attitude and leadership the Browns needed to pilot them from the worst team in football to now being a Super Bowl contender. Whether him and the rest of the team can pull it off is anyone's guess.

not only that- but his stats could have been even better if not for the fact that Stefanski and Berry have really focused on putting together a running game that is one of the best in the league and compliments the pass very well. The Browns have a great offensive line and 2 backs in Chubb and Hunt that are the best 1-2 combo in the league.

in the game against the Steelers in the playoffs the Browns were missing a ton of their o-line- and were down to a street free agent that Baker met before the game starting at guard but Baker still performed.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well his rookie year he broke the record for TD passes for a rookie despite not starting the first 3 games.

He has gone through 4 different head coaches and 4 different o-coordinators his first 3 years in the league.

despite that- the 2nd half of last season he was one of the best QB's in football, and took the Browns to the limit against the Chiefs. If not for a bad call on a helmet to helmet that cost them a TD that was turned into a touchback they make the AFC title game 3 years after going 0-16 and have a good chance to beat the Bills.

We shall see. I feel good about Baker and I think that he has precisely the attitude and leadership the Browns needed to pilot them from the worst team in football to now being a Super Bowl contender. Whether him and the rest of the team can pull it off is anyone's guess.

not only that- but his stats could have been even better if not for the fact that Stefanski and Berry have really focused on putting together a running game that is one of the best in the league and compliments the pass very well. The Browns have a great offensive line and 2 backs in Chubb and Hunt that are the best 1-2 combo in the league.

in the game against the Steelers in the playoffs the Browns were missing a ton of their o-line- and were down to a street free agent that Baker met before the game starting at guard but Baker still performed.
Keep blaming that call for the loss. We got two and a half quarters outta Mahomes, ya big crybaby lol...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted your post word for word. I even gave you the # of the post to see it was quoted word for word.

Hey, props on owning you were wrong on the QBs so I guess I was wrong that you wouldn't. and because it is so easy, that is why I wonder why you wont own the foolishness about the word for word quote I allegedly misquoted.

Fabulous about your friend, but can you explain why I would think my assumption is wrong if you cannot tell me what I am wrong about?

That's priceless.

You quoted 1 sentence of a longer post and then made your own assumptions about what it meant.

Your assume that my friend gets his data from analyzing QB play. You couldn’t be more wrong. I am sure he has never even seen most of these guys play.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO Wamu, more on that idiot Rainman. This asshole is following me around all over the hoop and clown rating my posts because I gave him(and get this)ONE BAD RATING. talk about a bitch move. He's doing this because he got his feelings hurt. Too fuggin hilarious. I know I probably shoulda just pm'd you this, but I wanna put this childish fuck on blast...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO Wamu, more on that idiot Rainman. This asshole is following me around all over the hoop and clown rating my posts because I gave him(and get this)ONE BAD RATING. talk about a bitch move. He's doing this because he got his feelings hurt. Too fuggin hilarious. I know I probably shoulda just pm'd you this, but I wanna put this childish fuck on blast...

That's some bizarre stuff right there. Didn't really recognize the name yesterday. But after thinking about I know exactly who he is. He's given me multiple negative ratings in the PF for simply posting legit quotes from a certain person he greatly admires. Seems like he has a screw loose.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You quoted 1 sentence of a longer post and then made your own assumptions about what it meant.

Your assume that my friend gets his data from analyzing QB play. You couldn’t be more wrong. I am sure he has never even seen most of these guys play.
did he coach their children and talk to them on the sidelines of a pee-wee game? A lot can be derived from a cup of starbucks while watching the youngsters play flag football right?

principles apply the same way across ALL levels of football huh? lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did he coach their children and talk to them on the sidelines of a pee-wee game? A lot can be derived from a cup of starbucks while watching the youngsters play flag football right?

principles apply the same way across ALL levels of football huh? lol

There were people here asking for some information.

I could care less if you think it is legit or not. The few people that I trust enough to clue in do know that it is.

And no, he isn’t a football guy at all.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep blaming that call for the loss. We got two and a half quarters outta Mahomes, ya big crybaby lol...
I can agree with that. No way to know if we win if they make the right call (or Higgins just holds the ball).

Hell, if we get a TD, everything else after that changes and maybe Mahomes does not get hurt. Space Time Continuum.

But everything else he said about Baker was true and I also feel confident we have the right guy.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were people here asking for some information.

I could care less if you think it is legit or not. The few people that I trust enough to clue in do know that it is.

And no, he isn’t a football guy at all.
sorry, coach, but no. This crap ain't flyin' anymore. I want the name of your source, and i want it NOW... :D

the check's in the mail. thanks in advance...:heh:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that. No way to know if we win if they make the right call (or Higgins just holds the ball).

Hell, if we get a TD, everything else after that changes and maybe Mahomes does not get hurt. Space Time Continuum.

But everything else he said about Baker was true and I also feel confident we have the right guy.
exactly. alternate reality the Browns win that game(hey, i used to be an avid comics reader lol). anyways that's just reacting to the old "the refs cost us the game" logic...