• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cost Dorsey his job. Rightfully so. But the real issue in terms of Bakers development was that Kitchens would routinely change the gameplan in the middle of a game. Not in terms of adjustments...like he completely ignored all the prep done leading into a game.
so true. He was shown what Baker did best by the analytics' guys and he'd just ignore it. In addition he was so insecure he dumped all the coaches that helped him make Baker a success as a rookie because he figured it would get out they were why Baker was succeeding....and it later did come out when Bob Wylie told everyone.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap. That is bad.

I've heard of resorting to plan B or even C. Never heard of a coach scrapping an entire game plan in the middle of a game.
Yep.....stefanski had a novel concept to plan the game around their strengths AND to stick to it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and once he learned the offense Baker was the best QB in the league per PFF the second half of the season. I realize they have no agenda and all they do is watch every player on every play.

Rodgers also had a far better #1 than Baker last year once OBJ went down but never mind that I guess. His #2 was not as good as Higgins and his #3 not on the level of Khaderal Hodge?
You’re leaning pretty heavily on PFF. Do you know that they don’t even watch the all 22 film? They just watch tape of what the public sees on tv. They don’t know a QB’s steps. They don’t know the QB’s progressions. They don’t know if a protection wasn’t changed that should have been changed. There’s a ton of holes in all PFF evals but this is especially the case when talking about the QB OL and DL.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think?

The Rams just gave up 2 first rounders for Matt Stafford. They had a former #1 overall QB (who had previously gone to the Super Bowl), they got rid of him, took a huge cap hit, in order to bring in Stafford. They are obviously "going for it"- after giving up multiple first rounders.

The Browns price for Rodgers would be steeper. Since they have Love and are pot-committed (poker reference), they might not/probably would not even want Baker. In order to get Rodgers it would probably take 2 first round picks plus a good young player or two. This obviously will not happen.

Who will have more success over the next 5 years.

The team that gave up on their #1 overall QB, traded off major assets, took cap hits, in order to win.

Or the team that is backing their #1 overall QB, keeping the assets, and managing the cap in order to win both now and later.

Rams or Browns?

who is making the right choice, and how does it look 5 years from now?

One analyst I saw actually predicted a Browns/Rams Super Bowl. That would be fun.
The question has to be framed in this way...can you win a Super Bowl with Baker Mayfield? Cause he has likely another 3-4 years before the idea of him winning one sours. Then you missed the window for AR who you know can take a team to the Super Bowl because he’s done it before and been one game away 3 or 4 other times. And in the end may be giving up on Mayfield anyway. You guys see him more than I do. Browns fans would have the best idea of the answer to that question.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try to discuss it straight up. Imo the Rams kinda blew it getting Stafford. Goff was never going to develop into a great QB, but MS is an older QB who does have skills, but highly doubtful he'll get any better...

So in the short term the Brownies have a leg up in the QB department because they DO have a guy who's younger, and still has some upside...

As far as a Browns Superbowl it's too early to discuss that I think, but hey, time'll tell...

I think they made the right move though

Their window is right now. Their cap situation is tight and they need a QB who can get them over the hump.

Stafford is better than Goff by a good bit, so they got the guy they believe can help them win.

Time will tell if it works.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you the exact quote. Hilarious. strike 1

As for TL as I said.....Kind of odd to have "no data" with 3 seasons of games to watch. strike 2

Why would I say "anyone could predict Fields/Lance will be good"? If anything, I'd say easier to predict they wont as not likely the top 4 QBs drafted will all be good. strike 3

you're out.

Except it wouldn’t be odd at all if you had any clue what my friend did.

Since I am not going to tell you, you maybe should just admit that you made an incorrect assumption at some point.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since I am not going to tell you, you maybe should just admit that you made an incorrect assumption at some point.
Going out om a limb and assuming he won't.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re leaning pretty heavily on PFF. Do you know that they don’t even watch the all 22 film? They just watch tape of what the public sees on tv. They don’t know a QB’s steps. They don’t know the QB’s progressions. They don’t know if a protection wasn’t changed that should have been changed. There’s a ton of holes in all PFF evals but this is especially the case when talking about the QB OL and DL.

Each grade is reviewed at least once, and usually multiple times, using every camera angle available, including All-22 coaches’ tape.

Now I do agree it's not perfect....but unlike fans they watch with no agenda. You know, like an agenda that would tell you the Browns' WRs minus OBJ are better than GB WRs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Each grade is reviewed at least once, and usually multiple times, using every camera angle available, including All-22 coaches’ tape.

Now I do agree it's not perfect....but unlike fans they watch with no agenda. You know, like an agenda that would tell you the Browns' WRs minus OBJ are better than GB WRs.
Well that’s gotta be a recent change. The NFL is the only way to gain access to their All 22 and they generally have not shared that with outlets like PFF.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never mind you did not address most of my reply.

My favorite was you saying I needed to post what you really said when I gave you the exact quote. You gonna own that foolishness? Of course not.

Then you say based on my previous comments I'm gonna say it's easy to just say Fields and Lance will be great when if anything in my previous comments it's easier to say one will not be great if you only go by past drafting of QBs. Gonna own you were off there? No chance

But that last comment is priceless and why you will never make a comment that I will say you cannot top with something more foolish as you can always dig deeper (as you just proved). I should admit I made an incorrect assumption when unless you tell me what I said was wrong why would I say it was incorrect?

Ya gotta love this forum.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried using, " I have spoken!!!" with the wife.

Suffice to say....I won't be using it again.
when she asks your opinion on something try telling her "why don't you tell me my opinion to avoid an argument"

see how that works for ya.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going out om a limb and assuming he won't.
whatever ya say, comment based on the poster guy. Maybe since we know he wont answer, you can be his lifeline and help him?

If he's not gonna tell me what he means, why would I think my assumption was incorrect?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried using, " I have spoken!!!" with the wife.

Suffice to say....I won't be using it again.
in my best Rocky voice"but he trick NEVER works"...

rocky and bullwinkle i need new hobbies GIF

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that’s gotta be a recent change. The NFL is the only way to gain access to their All 22 and they generally have not shared that with outlets like PFF.
Cannot say I've ever watched it, but know of people who have (or know how one would get it). Couldn't an individual from PFF order it and just share it with the group?

either way I'm not saying it's be all end all at PFF but better than people with clear agendas one way or another.