• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only remember the Sprite commercials. But I'm sure there were more. Must be the excessive Progressive commercials that seemingly aired every 15/20 minutes why I think or thought Mayfield's had more.
what about those ESPN ones too...?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip Brainless with yet ANOTHER gem...

how's that goof not fired...?

Skippy Brainless has pictures of someone. Only thing that makes sense for why that hot air machine's still on the air. Then there's that blabbermouth Colin Cowturd. Now if there was only a way to get those two on a show with Screamin' A. Sponsored by extra strength Tylenol.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please dont act like an actual Browns fan.

How many Browns game have you gone to over the years? I went to my first of many games in the early 80's. Spare me your nonsense that I'm not a real fan.

I wouldn't be surprised if you've never been to a Browns game. Hell I've probably been to more Cavs games than you because Richfield Coliseum was so much closer to Akron than going into downtown Cleveland.

You're an outright embarrassment to all true Cleveland sports fans.

Can you explain again why the greatest shooter the NBA has ever seen is overrated?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it was more than one. But don't hold me to that, really can't remember. But through 3 professional seasons I'd say Mayfield has done more commercials than LeBron.

And most of them were in the off-season after his rookie year. It appears that he learned because, as I said earlier, I can't remember the last time I saw a commercial with him in it. Him learning from mistakes is why I agree with the Browns sticking with him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you really think Baker has more endorsements than Lebron did at same age (hell, even Lebron 5 years younger)?

Same age? No, Lebron entered the league at 18. By the end of their first off-seasons as professionals? Yes.

It's been a long time, but when Lebron was at the point in his career that Baker is now, is when you started see a lot more Lebron commercials.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People underestimate just how bad Kitchens was.

I don't. You pretty much never see a head coach get shown the door as fast as Kitchens was. That's all I needed to see.

Deciding he ain't it and moving on quickly is one of the smartest things the Browns have done in franchise history. That could have been a disaster if they hadn't.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. You pretty much never see a head coach get shown the door as fast as Kitchens was. That's all I needed to see.

Deciding he ain't it and moving on quickly is one of the smartest things the Browns have done in franchise history. That could have been a disaster if they hadn't.

It cost Dorsey his job. Rightfully so. But the real issue in terms of Bakers development was that Kitchens would routinely change the gameplan in the middle of a game. Not in terms of adjustments...like he completely ignored all the prep done leading into a game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a couple with his wife where they were staying at the stadium like it was their home...

Surprised you never saw those...
Those are the Progressive commercials I was talking about. when you said ESPN commercials I figured to meant commercials FOR ESPN not shown on ESPN.

still waiting for him to be looking for his remote in one of those commercials at the stadium.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same age? No, Lebron entered the league at 18. By the end of their first off-seasons as professionals? Yes.

It's been a long time, but when Lebron was at the point in his career that Baker is now, is when you started see a lot more Lebron commercials.
In that top 20 list I showed in this thread at least 2-3 of the commercials were from Lebron's first couple seasons. Nike used him a ton in spots before his first offseason when Baker started getting pub for himself.

I didn't really think the commercial endorsements died down much for Baker....still had Progressive and the Heisman House. But he matured IMO, and didn't find it necessary to reply to all his critics among other things. Probably helped he had an adult to reign him in as the coach and not a goof like Freddie.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep...Haslam got ripped for changing coaches too much (and some ripping was deserved) but worse is keeping a bad coach too long for the sake of stability. That also helped them rid themselves of Dorsey as once he doubled down on Freddie as the coach Haslam knew Dorsey cared more about himself than the team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in terms of adjustments...like he completely ignored all the prep done leading into a game.

Holy crap. That is bad.

I've heard of resorting to plan B or even C. Never heard of a coach scrapping an entire game plan in the middle of a game.