• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem that the Browns were keeping how he performed under Kitchens in mind as well since they chose to pick up the option instead of just extending him this off-season.

You can't just dismiss it as being "all-Kitchens" when Baker spent more time in the off-season after his rookie year making commercials than working on his game.

To be fair, he seems to have learned his lesson because I can't remember the last time I saw a commercial with Baker in it.
Allen has not been extended yet and nor has LJ. What would be the reason to rush unless they can get Baker at their number? He is signed this year, next year and they could franchise him the following season.

Did you follow Baker around to know how much time he spent on commercials vs. working on his game? Even when he allegedly was committing more time to commercials there still were not as many in NFL offseason.

Lebron does a lot of commercials (way more than Baker) and has many other interests. Does this mean he does not work on his game, too? Before you say he doesn't need to he had a number of commercials when he was young, as well.

don't really care if he keeps doing commercials. still making time when allowed to be with and work with teammates (even when not allowed) that he arranges. And he seems to care less about what his critics think (at least he does not reply to them).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a good rookie season.

He sucked in Freddie's offense.

And showed potential last year in Stephanski's offense.

@dtgold88

Do I got this right? In Mayfield's first three season's he's had 4 different coaches (Hue, Williams, Freddie & Stephanski) & 4 different systems. Remember the HC's. But really don't remember the OC's.
I think the OCs were Haley, Freddie, Monkin and O'Shea.....playcallers were Haley, Freddie, Freddie and stefanski

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my shocked face.

lol

Most do. I forgot about him until I started giving some thought to that question.

She also didn't mention Chick Hearn. He may be as or more responsible for the Lakers gaining an early foothold in LA as anyone.

I really wanted to include Mark Madsen on my Lakers list cause of his smoooove dance movez.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you follow Baker around to know how much time he spent on commercials vs. working on his game? Even when he allegedly was committing more time to commercials there still were not as many in NFL offseason.

Lebron does a lot of commercials (way more than Baker) and has many other interests. Does this mean he does not work on his game, too? Before you say he doesn't need to he had a number of commercials when he was young, as well.

lol

Yes. I followed Baker around for that entire off-season. It's how I knew he got a blowie from a waitress in the Cheesecake Factory parking lot.

And lol @comparing Lebron and his what? 17 years of experience handling commercials, his businesses, etc. I don't remember seeing a lot of Lebron commercials at all until he had actually been in the league a few years and had established himself.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very funny story from Homosassa, FL.

This is what can happen when you try to hoard gasoline.

2d169811cb797cfec1e58993363facc4.jpg

:laugh3:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that funny? The Rams had to make that move (drafting Goff) and it didn't work out long term. Does it make more sense to waste more time with a QB that leveled off at best and had a poor relationship with his coaching staff? It's not just the Rams that recently had to jettison failed top QBs (Eagles, Bears, likely the Texans. Browns fans should understand this as well (Weeden, Johnny Foosball most recently). Soon, Mahomes will be the only 1st round QB drafted before 2018 still with his original team. Even of the 2018 first round QBs, 2 of the 5 have moved on.

You're exaggerating the cap hit. They had an out for Goff next season (as the Lions now do), so the cap hit was about $25M. Stafford's cap hit is only $20M. Combined that equals Mahomes (but falls off next season), is only $5M more than Dak, etc. It's more than ideal, but it's still within the going rate for a starting QB in 2021. Rams only have 1 other player (Donald) with a cap hit over $10M this year.

Kind of odd to spend big on those two DBs from the Rams (whom the Rams already had in house replacements for from previous drafts) only to block your 2 best defensive prospects Delpit and Newsome. Don't worry, Baker's extension will push some of those guys off the roster. His 5th year will already nearly double his cap hit from 2021 to 2022, and then it will jump again in 2023 when he gets his extension.
If y'all had waited.....you could have made an offer for Rodgers. He's from CA, I think he would have put the Rams on his list.

But, you got a major upgrade to Goff in Stafford.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up on Winston to get Brady as a FA not exactly the same as giving up on Baker AND other picks/players for AR.

and certainly not the same as acquiring PG/AD/Kawhi, etc.

Not sure what makes you think Baker does not have the drive considering he's shown he does at every stop since HS. was a little immature, though, sure.
Stop it.

Yes, it is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Yes. I followed Baker around for that entire off-season. It's how I knew he got a blowie from a waitress in the Cheesecake Factory parking lot.

And lol @comparing Lebron and his what? 17 years of experience handling commercials, his businesses, etc. I don't remember seeing a lot of Lebron commercials at all until he had actually been in the league a few years and had established himself.
Guess you missed the part before lol-ing where I said younger, less experienced Lebron also did a ton of commercials in the offseason but found time to work on his game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to know when they post on here.....LOL.

All teams have a few overly homeristic fans no matter what sport. My personal favorites are maizeNblue09 & trustmeimright. I started an entire thread about Jimmy Jam a few years ago because of them. Gotta say I kinda miss all the batshit crazy stuff they said.

Not to bring up any bad memories but this is one of my all time favorites. According to trustmeimright when Jim Harbaugh was with the Raiders (QB coach) he helped them beat the Bucs in S.B. XXXVII.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

LeBron James signs endorsement deal with Coca-Cola (8/21/03)

Part of the article.

announced a six-year agreement with the 18 year old phenom, who has signed for more than $100 million in endorsements before taking the court in an NBA game

He was doing Sprite commercials as a rookie.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James signs endorsement deal with Coca-Cola (8/21/03)

Part of the article.

announced a six-year agreement with the 18 year old phenom, who has signed for more than $100 million in endorsements before taking the court in an NBA game

He was doing Sprite commercials as a rookie.

So, 1 commercial compared to how many for Baker?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yo, fellas. Lemme introduce you to Rainman, err, Runeman. seems the little bitch keeps following me around on every board to clown rate my posts. just thought y'all would wanna know lol...

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yo, fellas. Lemme introduce you to Rainman, err, Runeman. seems the little bitch keeps following me around on every board to clown rate my posts. just thought y'all would wanna know lol...
@Runeman is a major douchebag.....

Explain yourself!!!!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, 1 commercial compared to how many for Baker?

Think it was more than one. But don't hold me to that, really can't remember. But through 3 professional seasons I'd say Mayfield has done more commercials than LeBron.