• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even after next season?

He has an oddly structured contract. His hit last year was small and escalates rapidly. He is a bad cap hit until his last year.

Would be curious what it would look like if he was dealt

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has an oddly structured contract. His hit last year was small and escalates rapidly. He is a bad cap hit until his last year.

Would be curious what it would look like if he was dealt
Just looked. That is an interesting one. No clue what it would be if dealt....but cannot see any way they bring both Hooper and Njoku back in 2022 (assuming Njoku wants a raise).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked. That is an interesting one. No clue what it would be if dealt....but cannot see any way they bring both Hooper and Njoku back in 2022 (assuming Njoku wants a raise).

We will see how he produces this year but that deal could be a small mistake considering they already had Njoku and then drafted Bryant.

But it is in line with Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry. (Which it is odd they are on the same team)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say co-faves with the Ravens. Steelers seem ripe to fall off, and the Bengals aren't ready yet.

Don’t sleep on the Bengals. They could come up quick with Burrow.

Don’t think they win the division, but don’t be surprised if they are a lot better this year.

AFC north is brutally tough though this year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t sleep on the Bengals. They could come up quick with Burrow.

Don’t think they win the division, but don’t be surprised if they are a lot better this year.

AFC north is brutally tough though this year.

I'm not seeing many easy wins this year on their schedule. Division games are always closer than they should be, but other than that you've got Bears, Chiefs, Chargers, Packers, Vikings, Jags, Broncos, Lions, Jets, Raiders and 49ers. Chargers are on a similar (if not slightly better) trajectory. Jags/Jets/Lions appear to be the easier games, but all with new QBs, so they could surprise as well.

I favor the under with the Bengals, as they always seem to at least mildly disappoint.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing many easy wins this year on their schedule. Division games are always closer than they should be, but other than that you've got Bears, Chiefs, Chargers, Packers, Vikings, Jags, Broncos, Lions, Jets, Raiders and 49ers. Chargers are on a similar (if not slightly better) trajectory. Jags/Jets/Lions appear to be the easier games, but all with new QBs, so they could surprise as well.

I favor the under with the Bengals, as they always seem to at least mildly disappoint.

I am not going to predict any win total for the Bengals. All I am saying is that I think they will be a solid team as opposed to the pushover they have been last few years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to predict any win total for the Bengals. All I am saying is that I think they will be a solid team as opposed to the pushover they have been last few years.
does your expert have a predraft ranking of his QBs?

Agree on Cinci. 7 or more wins seems possible assuming Burrow is healthy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does your expert have a predraft ranking of his QBs?

Agree on Cinci. 7 or more wins seems possible assuming Burrow is healthy.

Not all this year. He doesn’t have Lawrence, but he does have the rest of the top 5 and a couple others.

Covid really screwed up the pre draft process. Normally he meets all the players at the combine or senior bowl. Not this year.

I will post about it a week or 2 after the draft.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except that they do that in college they do it because of the sheer number of players. They also have 2 players with the same number in college. Something else you wouldn't see in the NFL.

Not sure what he's talking about re: high school. When I was in high school, I played more than 1 position on offense sometimes, so I had to have 2 jerseys because of the positions I played.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando Brown to the Chiefs for their first round pick...

feeling MUCH better about the upcoming season...

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think he falls somewhere in 4 for 48 to 52. For cleveland he's worth it imo. They probably end up having to find a cheaper replacement for Hunt for starters as they get into having to extend Baker and Denzel. But they should be good for 2 more years of hunt/chubb
the guaranteed money should be about 30 million i would think.

releasing richardson gets you 13 million of that (if they dont bring him back on a different contract which has already been discussed).

i have full faith in Berry and DePodesta being able to manage the cap.

Ward, Baker and Chubb all need to be extended and it wont be cheap.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando Brown to the Chiefs for their first round pick...

feeling MUCH better about the upcoming season...
That’s a huge get, he wanted to move back to his natural position on the left side.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a huge get, he wanted to move back to his natural position on the left side.
what happened to the thunder?

i thought they would finish with a better record than the CAvs but lately they have been absolutely putrid.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happened to the thunder?

i thought they would finish with a better record than the CAvs but lately they have been absolutely putrid.
Ha, they started telling players they were too hurt to play. They may not win another game. It’s been G league city.