• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im saying there isn’t with Bienemie at this point.
I have to agree. He's been interviewed so many times already, he must be a TERRIBLE interview and/or everyone knows the offense is Reid's.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports gods messing with Philly
July - Philadelphia Stars lose USFL final
October - Union lose MLS Cup Final
November - Phillies lose World Series
February - Eagles lose Super Bowl

So bet for the Sixers to make it to the NBA Finals and get swept.

Bridesmaid is better than 95% of the other teams in those leagues. Could be a lot worse, but I feel your pain...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, and what I'm saying simply put is how can you be so sure...?

Just curious.

In your opinion, would it be good for the Chiefs, or bad for the Chiefs if Bienemy was Reid’s successor when he eventually retires?

My perception is that number 15 makes it pretty easy to call plays in KC.

And I think it is pretty easy to credit their success to Reid and Mahomes instead of Bienemy.

And probably not wrong to do so.

I do think he deserves a shot at some point. But I also haven’t really seen anything from him that would make me expect it would go well.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious.

In your opinion, would it be good for the Chiefs, or bad for the Chiefs if Bienemy was Reid’s successor when he eventually retires?

My perception is that number 15 makes it pretty easy to call plays in KC.

And I think it is pretty easy to credit their success to Reid and Mahomes instead of Bienemy.

And probably not wrong to do so.

I do think he deserves a shot at some point. But I also haven’t really seen anything from him that would make me expect it would go well.
And I'll be honest, I have to think the Chiefs would be worse off in that situation. Still, I woulda thought he would have gotten his shot by now...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'll be honest, I have to think the Chiefs would be worse off in that situation. Still, I woulda thought he would have gotten his shot by now...

I agree.

And that is why he hasn’t gotten that chance yet.

Right or wrong, that is the perception most people have of Bienemy.

He might be best suited taking a coordinator job somewhere else if he wants to prove himself.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

And that is why he hasn’t gotten that chance yet.

Right or wrong, that is the perception most people have of Bienemy.

He might be best suited taking a coordinator job somewhere else if he wants to prove himself.
Yeah, stepping out from Reid's shadow and making his case elsewhere would go a long way in helping his cause...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude there is obviously something up with Bienemy.

I don't think he gets the credit he deserves because most attribute the Chiefs offense to Andy Reid. Whether it's offense or defense that a head coach is known for, the coordinator on that side of the ball is going to get overshadowed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're sure there's no discrimination in the NFL and I'm simply saying I ain't so sure. Hell, there issues with a lack of black coaches not all that long ago. Rooney rule ring any bells...?

Honestly, I think it's because more black former players go into broadcasting than coaching.

Can't blame them either. Better hours, pay is about the same and you're not being "hired to be fired".

Honestly, I don't know why any former player would want to be a coach. lol

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think it's because more black former players go into broadcasting than coaching.

Can't blame them either. Better hours, pay is about the same and you're not being "hired to be fired".

Honestly, I don't know why any former would want to be a coach. lol
The ability to still keep competing.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I don't know why any former would want to be a coach. lol
Guess it's hard to argue that point...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, and what I'm saying simply put is how can you be so sure...?
Obviously it’s my opinion, but without proof it’s harmful to say such things, and grossly unfair to everyone.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, that's what I'm saying though. It was a hold*, but they were letting shit ride all game. That's where these refs get themselves in trouble. If you're gonna call textbook, call textbook all game. Players adjust throughout the game to how you're calling the game.

*I swear about half the people arguing it wasn't a hold don't even realize the hold was on the jersey tug, not the left hand that was sliding on his back.

That is why i don't complain about the nba refs anymore, the NFL refs are way worse lol

Typically at the end of NBA games they don't call ticky tack fouls tho...They let them play...Not saying Philly would have won, but we all would have enjoyed the game better (sans KC fans lol)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about the only reason I can think of.

There are also a lot of white dudes out there who weren’t good enough to play in the NFL, but make good coaches.

We aren’t ever going to have the same percentage of black coaches that we have black players, but it should still be higher than it is.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it man.

Talking like they shouldn’t have called that penalty.

Smith Schuster had him beat out of the break. Bradbury grabbed him and stopped his momentum right about the time Mahomes is getting set to throw.

If Bradbury didn’t grab him, he has 2-3 yards separation and it is a TD. He even admitted that he grabbed him.

The game was clean. It was decided by the players on the field. That play was a clear penalty and the officials got it right.

Not calling it would have led to a more climactic finish, but it was the right call 100%.

JSS didn't even react. If he thought that ball was catchable, he would have been more adamant in his reaction, especially given the situation. And its completely beside the point I was making in both of my comments that if you're gonna call the game a certain way, call it the same throughout. They kept their whistles pocketed for much of the game and the call this. By the book, its a hold so they are correct. But they chose not to call a letter of the law game throughout. That affects gameplay and how players play. For being a Mr The Refs Are Always Right, I know you know this. The Eagles didn't get screwed. They didn't lose the game on that call (their defense not making a single play all game is why they lost), but like I said in my initial comment, the refs boxed themselves in on this call by the way they had called the rest of the game. If they called a tight game the whole way, this would be totally fine. But the way the game played out, that hold, which is minimal even if by the book, its more of a "Really? NOW is when you call something?". I don't care if they let stuff go all game. That's fine. I don't care if they call even the slightest minimal violations all game. That's fine. But its not good officiating practice to change things up during the game

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JSS didn't even react. If he thought that ball was catchable, he would have been more adamant in his reaction, especially given the situation. And its completely beside the point I was making in both of my comments that if you're gonna call the game a certain way, call it the same throughout. They kept their whistles pocketed for much of the game and the call this. By the book, its a hold so they are correct. But they chose not to call a letter of the law game throughout. That affects gameplay and how players play. For being a Mr The Refs Are Always Right, I know you know this. The Eagles didn't get screwed. They didn't lose the game on that call (their defense not making a single play all game is why they lost), but like I said in my initial comment, the refs boxed themselves in on this call by the way they had called the rest of the game. If they called a tight game the whole way, this would be totally fine. But the way the game played out, that hold, which is minimal even if by the book, its more of a "Really? NOW is when you call something?". I don't care if they let stuff go all game. That's fine. I don't care if they call even the slightest minimal violations all game. That's fine. But its not good officiating practice to change things up during the game
Bradbury said after the game it was the right call, classy move, good enough for me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree.

That was pretty blatant. He was beat, and he even admitted it.

If you don’t call that, I honestly don’t know what you do call.

But honestly, this speaks to my overall point about how impossibly hard the job of officiating is. This crew did a great job last night, and yet there are still people complaining about a penalty that was clearly a penalty.

It is a thankless job.