• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right? wasn't someone out there who could have heaved it further for that one? Minshew or even a non QB?
Game is over at that point. That final snap isn’t leading to anything. He needed to chuck that 70 yards in the air. If Minshew had that kind of arm strength he wouldn’t be a perennial back up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, coach. You rock...
Congrats.....as I'm sure you already know gonna hear all day (or offseason) about an alleged bad call and as I'm guessing you also know who cares. Your team got the W.

what's funny is the extreme Blame the Ref Guys who blame refs no matter what......had they not called the hold, Philly drives down and wins on a TD? These same whiners would be whining about a no call and would be showing pics of the receiver being held by the DB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game is over at that point. That final snap isn’t leading to anything. He needed to chuck that 70 yards in the air. If Minshew had that kind of arm strength he wouldn’t be a perennial back up.
I hear ya and not a big deal but guy fell 20+ yards short.

doesn't take away from his performance as he was the MVP had they won...no question.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya and not a big deal but guy fell 20+ yards short.

doesn't take away from his performance as he was the MVP had they won...no question.
I think that was likely impacted by his AC joint. He needs to over throw that unlike any other throw on the football field he had been preparing for. Shoulder didn’t respond is mg guess.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s malpractice in the NFL these days to pay RBs. The Eagles will let Miles Sanders walk. They’ll bring back Gainwell and Boston Scott to be two pieces of a 3 headed monster. They’ll either sign a cost effective vet to play that role or they will use a draft pick to get that guy. RB is a plug and play position for the Eagles and most of the NFL’s top teams.
Maybe draft one?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. That’s not much at all. Additionally, watch the whole play. It’s one of the few snaps where an Eagles pass rusher got in Mahomes face. He delivered the ball before he wanted to and JuJu isn’t exactly fleet of foot. If JuJu is unencumbered he still doesn’t catch up to that throw.

Doesn't matter. The call was holding, not PI. Catchable doesn't matter. It could have been on the other side of the field and still be a penalty.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s fine. You have every right to maintain whatever opinion you like. But when you choose to provide reasoning to your conclusion, your reasons have to actually with stand scrutiny. Your reasons don’t. In fact, some of them are wholly inconsistent. You praise them for a standard exhibited throughout most of the game while also defending them abandoning that standard in the guts of the game.

You are full of crap.

Bottom line, it doesn’t matter what the officials do.

People going to blast them no matter what.

Too many 50/50 calls over the course of a game.

That wasn’t 50/50. It was a hold.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. The call was holding, not PI. Catchable doesn't matter. It could have been on the other side of the field and still be a penalty.
I’m aware. I’m responding to the claim that the grab is what makes the ball an incompletion and therefore if it wasn’t called the Chiefs were in a position to scream bloody murder. That hold had zero impact on the play or the throw or the chance of it being completed. But you’re right. Catchable ball standard doesn’t apply to defensive holding.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are full of crap.

Bottom line, it doesn’t matter what the officials do.

People going to blast them no matter what.

Too many 50/50 calls over the course of a game.

That wasn’t 50/50. It was a hold.
I’m really sorry that you’ve failed to provide sound reasoning to back up your claim and now you’re angry. I’ll do a better job next time.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradbury said after the game it was the right call, classy move, good enough for me.

I disagree.

That was pretty blatant. He was beat, and he even admitted it.

If you don’t call that, I honestly don’t know what you do call.

But honestly, this speaks to my overall point about how impossibly hard the job of officiating is. This crew did a great job last night, and yet there are still people complaining about a penalty that was clearly a penalty.

It is a thankless job.

Again, yall do not understand. Each one of you (I'm not gonna quote everyone) keep pointing out that it was a hold and therefore its a good call. I never said it wasn't a hold. I said it was a hold. Bradberry said it was a hold. That's fine. What I said is if you're not calling things all game, you shouldn't be calling minor offenses that late even if by the letter of the law its a hold. To use an analogy, these officials are traffic cops and the speed limit is 55. The entire game they're letting people whizz by at 60 and 65 mph. Then late in a critical situation, they pop a guy going 57 in a 55. Is it speeding? Yes. Is it also bullshit to let all the others speed by and then pop the lower offender? Yep. But there's more to reffing than the text book letter of the law. You have to be consistent with how you're calling the game throughout the entire game. That late call was like the only hold call all game. They missed a far worse one on Bradberry earlier (where JSS was also far more adamant). They missed several OL holds, especially on some of those Hurts scrambles for time in the pocket. And probably numerous others that I didn't see because every football game is filled with holds from OL and between DBs/WRs, yet they miss all of those and the one they actually do call is minor hold (a fraction of a second jersey tug on the double move, again a hold but minimal). That is not good officiating. The goal of good officiating is to call the violations and to be consistent. They failed the latter. They called a lenient game all game, so much so that linemen were begging for offsides/false start penalities for like 5 seconds before they bothered to throw a flag . It's clear their strategy as officials was to call the game in a lenient way. But late in the game, they switched it up and called it more strict.

Only because people invent reasons to talk about officials.

They did a good job by any reasonable standard.

My guy they screwed up a procedure dealing with a substitution pattern and delayed the game. A common problem this season in the NFL and not nearly as egregious as some others, but stuff that should not ever happen on an NFL level yet alone in the SB where its suppose to be an all star crew. And another example, they overruled the Devonta Smith catch despite the lack of clear evidence when the rule says the play should stand as called unless its clear and indisputable. They didn't have a particularly good game. They thankfully didn't drastically affect the outcome of the game, but they weren't top notch either. You're the one inventing reasons to side with referees which you always do regardless of sport. Probably because I suspect you take this personally from your own experience with youth and HS sports because you're always going on about how reffing is a thankless job. But we're not talking about low levels of the game where some dad is getting off his day job to call a local game and has to deal with some asshole group of parents in the stands because their kid got called for a foul. We're talking about the top level of sports. They can stand to scrutiny and you don't have to leap to their defense every single time about how its a thankless job and people will always bitch because they don't understand how hard it is.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, yall do not understand. Each one of you (I'm not gonna quote everyone) keep pointing out that it was a hold and therefore its a good call. I never said it wasn't a hold. I said it was a hold. Bradberry said it was a hold. That's fine. What I said is if you're not calling things all game, you shouldn't be calling minor offenses that late even if by the letter of the law its a hold. To use an analogy, these officials are traffic cops and the speed limit is 55. The entire game they're letting people whizz by at 60 and 65 mph. Then late in a critical situation, they pop a guy going 57 in a 55. Is it speeding? Yes. Is it also bullshit to let all the others speed by and then pop the lower offender? Yep. But there's more to reffing than the text book letter of the law. You have to be consistent with how you're calling the game throughout the entire game. That late call was like the only hold call all game. They missed a far worse one on Bradberry earlier (where JSS was also far more adamant). They missed several OL holds, especially on some of those Hurts scrambles for time in the pocket. And probably numerous others that I didn't see because every football game is filled with holds from OL and between DBs/WRs, yet they miss all of those and the one they actually do call is minor hold (a fraction of a second jersey tug on the double move, again a hold but minimal). That is not good officiating. The goal of good officiating is to call the violations and to be consistent. They failed the latter. They called a lenient game all game, so much so that linemen were begging for offsides/false start penalities for like 5 seconds before they bothered to throw a flag . It's clear their strategy as officials was to call the game in a lenient way. But late in the game, they switched it up and called it more strict.

My guy they screwed up a procedure dealing with a substitution pattern and delayed the game. A common problem this season in the NFL and not nearly as egregious as some others, but stuff that should not ever happen on an NFL level yet alone in the SB where its suppose to be an all star crew. And another example, they overruled the Devonta Smith catch despite the lack of clear evidence when the rule says the play should stand as called unless its clear and indisputable. They didn't have a particularly good game. They thankfully didn't drastically affect the outcome of the game, but they weren't top notch either. You're the one inventing reasons to side with referees which you always do regardless of sport. Probably because I suspect you take this personally from your own experience with youth and HS sports because you're always going on about how reffing is a thankless job. But we're not talking about low levels of the game where some dad is getting off his day job to call a local game and has to deal with some asshole group of parents in the stands because their kid got called for a foul. We're talking about the top level of sports. They can stand to scrutiny and you don't have to leap to their defense every single time about how its a thankless job and people will always bitch because they don't understand how hard it is.
This is simple as hell, a ref was looking right at it when it happened. Paragraphs aren’t needed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way I am reading all that.

It was a hold.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m really sorry that you’ve failed to provide sound reasoning to back up your claim and now you’re angry. I’ll do a better job next time.

Why would I be mad?

You are the one who is salty because your team lost. I had nothing riding in this.

You want me to back up my claim that the refs did a good job?

It is my opinion. And seems to be one shared by most nuetral observers.

Nothing more is needed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s fucking go! Give the ball to the 7th round grinder out of Rutgers. I’m here for all of that. Take the ball out of the hands of the best QB in the game to run behind an OL that was assembled to protect the passer, not run the football.

lol 15 for 76