• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

That was pretty blatant. He was beat, and he even admitted it.

If you don’t call that, I honestly don’t know what you do call.

But honestly, this speaks to my overall point about how impossibly hard the job of officiating is. This crew did a great job last night, and yet there are still people complaining about a penalty that was clearly a penalty.

It is a thankless job.
On Dan Patrick this morning, they showed a still photo that showed the DB had a hold of Juju's jersey and pulled on it. The only referee who was in position to see it was the one who made the call.

As you point out, the DB said he held him...that should pretty much end any discussion about it being the right call.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are also a lot of white dudes out there who weren’t good enough to play in the NFL, but make good coaches.

We aren’t ever going to have the same percentage of black coaches that we have black players, but it should still be higher than it is.

Maybe. I would be interested to see how many black folks actually looked into/applied to be coaches and how many weren't hired and why.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

But honestly, this speaks to my overall point about how impossibly hard the job of officiating is. This crew did a great job last night, and yet there are still people complaining about a penalty that was clearly a penalty.

It is a thankless job.
Odd post. If you think the officials had a great game it’s because they used a “let them play” standard. In big games, my preference is for that model. But with 1:45 to go they abandon the standard they spent 58 minutes establishing. That’s not good officiating. Officials are human. It’s impossible to establish an impeccably consistent standard from one crew to the next and one game to the next. However, it’s very fair to demand a consistency from the same crew in the same game.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd post. If you think the officials had a great game it’s because they used a “let them play” standard. In big games, my preference is for that model. But with 1:45 to go they abandon the standard they spent 58 minutes establishing. That’s not good officiating. Officials are human. It’s impossible to establish an impeccably consistent standard from one crew to the next and one game to the next. However, it’s very fair to demand a consistency from the same crew in the same game.

Does this look like the game was going to be called fair? lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

It is a thankless job.

If the call wasn't made then chiefs fans wouldn't have been happy. The DB admitting to the hold should have been the end of that

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did a great job because they weren’t a storyline of the game.

And the only way to be totally consistent is to just not ever call a penalty.

And nobody would advocate for that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did a great job because they weren’t a storyline of the game.

And the only way to be totally consistent is to just not ever call a penalty.

And nobody would advocate for that.
Not following. They absolutely are a storyline of the game. That’s one of the few points one can make that can’t be debated. People are still hyper focused on that call the day after. Your answer to a call for consistency is absurd. There are degrees of everything. It’s wholly inconsistent to change the standard and apply it to one team when game script dictates they don’t have any possibility of coming back from the “mistake” made.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not following. They absolutely are a storyline of the game. That’s one of the few points one can make that can’t be debated. People are still hyper focused on that call the day after. Your answer to a call for consistency is absurd. There are degrees of everything. It’s wholly inconsistent to change the standard and apply it to one team when game script dictates they don’t have any possibility of coming back from the “mistake” made.

Only because people invent reasons to talk about officials.

They did a good job by any reasonable standard.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because people invent reasons to talk about officials.

They did a good job by any reasonable standard.
Each successive post gets more absurd. No one is “inventing” reasons. It’s become cliche to say “I don’t care how they call them as long as they’re consistent.” It’s become cliche because that’s long been a standard in sports. The standard used to throw that flag was not the standard used to call that game. All night that wasn’t a defensive hold. Shit, if that’s the standard it would have been to the Eagles benefit as the Chiefs employed much more press coverage than the Eagles did.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they don't make that call with the inevitable freeze frame of the pulled jersey, it's a much bigger debacle than any arguments now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each successive post gets more absurd. No one is “inventing” reasons. It’s become cliche to say “I don’t care how they call them as long as they’re consistent.” It’s become cliche because that’s long been a standard in sports. The standard used to throw that flag was not the standard used to call that game. All night that wasn’t a defensive hold. Shit, if that’s the standard it would have been to the Eagles benefit as the Chiefs employed much more press coverage than the Eagles did.

I totally disagree with that.

Have to call that penalty.

You don’t have to like it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Best rushing attack in the league going RBBC.

Don’t need to invest there.

Hurts is so dynamic because of what he does running. Scale that back and it hurts him and the entire offense.

Got to do what you do best.
Not 15 times a game. Do that a lot and he'll spend more time on the sidelines than the playing field.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't make that call with the inevitable freeze frame of the pulled jersey, it's a much bigger debacle than any arguments now.
Disagree. That’s not much at all. Additionally, watch the whole play. It’s one of the few snaps where an Eagles pass rusher got in Mahomes face. He delivered the ball before he wanted to and JuJu isn’t exactly fleet of foot. If JuJu is unencumbered he still doesn’t catch up to that throw.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally disagree with that.

Have to call that penalty.

You don’t have to like it.
That’s fine. You have every right to maintain whatever opinion you like. But when you choose to provide reasoning to your conclusion, your reasons have to actually with stand scrutiny. Your reasons don’t. In fact, some of them are wholly inconsistent. You praise them for a standard exhibited throughout most of the game while also defending them abandoning that standard in the guts of the game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 15 times a game. Do that a lot and he'll spend more time on the sidelines than the playing field.
It’s malpractice in the NFL these days to pay RBs. The Eagles will let Miles Sanders walk. They’ll bring back Gainwell and Boston Scott to be two pieces of a 3 headed monster. They’ll either sign a cost effective vet to play that role or they will use a draft pick to get that guy. RB is a plug and play position for the Eagles and most of the NFL’s top teams.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts had an amazing season.

But that was the worst Hail Mary pass I have ever seen.
Right? wasn't someone out there who could have heaved it further for that one? Minshew or even a non QB?