• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right. But, last I heard, he won't answer their calls. Imo, part of the problem with trying to speculate is that this is a pretty unique situation. As someone else pointed out...you don't see QB's this good and this young in this situation.
Honestly, it just seems like lazy reporting to me. Easy to rip on a team and reporters know fans eat it up. Guess they had to replace the Browns with someone so we've (Browns fans) got that going for us.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams would be willing to give up 4 1st draft picks for him. Plus some other stuff probably. That is STILL pennies on the dollar for an elite QB. First off, those picks are almost certainly going to be mostly back half of the draft picks because you are giving the team an elite QB. Secondly, the odds of being able to draft an elite QB are wayyyy lower than 1 in 4. So the chances of them getting a QB of close to the same level are very slim. And trying to win a Super Bowl without an elite QB is a fool's errand.

QBs are not like other players. I really can't think of a comparable situation where a top 7 or 8 QB entering their prime would be put on the market.
No doubt it's an unusual situation for the reasons you mentioned. A little off base in saying most likely back half of draft, though, as Watson's own team has picked early in the draft in 2 of his seasons (well, the Browns and Miami did/will with their picks). Low pick no lock with him, especially after likely giving away players or high picks for him AND he is making big money soon.

Maybe they move him for picks AND a QB they like either some or a lot giving them a slightly better chance at finding their QB.

Reasons you mention also might be reasons Houston not just gonna fold, though, and deal him just because he asked.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right. But, last I heard, he won't answer their calls. Imo, part of the problem with trying to speculate is that this is a pretty unique situation. As someone else pointed out...you don't see QB's this good and this young in this situation.

Absolutely. But ultimately, what options does Watson have? Is he really going to forgo 20 million dollars by sitting out?

I get that he's upset and I understand why but ultimately, he doesn't really have a lot of leverage. And the Texans have a LOT of incentive to do whatever it can to fix the situation and not trade Watson. Specifically the GM has a lot of incentive. If he trades Watson is an almost certain dead man walking before he even starts the job.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt it's an unusual situation for the reasons you mentioned. A little off base in saying most likely back half of draft, though, as Watson's own team has picked early in the draft in 2 of his seasons (well, the Browns and Miami did/will with their picks). Low pick no lock with him, especially after likely giving away players or high picks for him AND he is making big money soon.

Maybe they move him for picks AND a QB they like either some or a lot giving them a slightly better chance at finding their QB.

Reasons you mention also might be reasons Houston not just gonna fold, though, and deal him just because he asked.

I guess it is possible that the Texans would trade him if they could get a top flight QB back. Maybe if they could make some deal with the Seahawks to swap Wilson and Watson they might consider that, although even that would be unlikely.

They could closer their eyes and hope for the best with Tua I guess. But that's an awfully big risk to take.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it is possible that the Texans would trade him if they could get a top flight QB back. Maybe if they could make some deal with the Seahawks to swap Wilson and Watson they might consider that, although even that would be unlikely.

They could closer their eyes and hope for the best with Tua I guess. But that's an awfully big risk to take.
I think Wilson has a no trade clause so that's probably out. Tua an option or maybe they like Darnold and would take him, the #2 pick and more picks (another couple firsts, maybe?). Either draft your QB at 2 to fight it out with Darnold or if you like Darnold trade the #2 for another haul of picks.

wonder if JJ would get involved and move Dak and picks.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Companies & organizations around the world been making supportive statements to celebrate international women's day. And then there's Burger King U.K.

5af3a6ce7be7fb2b43c383e2704a2eda.jpg

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagine drafting a guy in round 1 last year then one year later the best you can get for him is a 7th round pick? lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams would be willing to give up 4 1st draft picks for him. Plus some other stuff probably. That is STILL pennies on the dollar for an elite QB. First off, those picks are almost certainly going to be mostly back half of the draft picks because you are giving the team an elite QB. Secondly, the odds of being able to draft an elite QB are wayyyy lower than 1 in 4. So the chances of them getting a QB of close to the same level are very slim. And trying to win a Super Bowl without an elite QB is a fool's errand.

QBs are not like other players. I really can't think of a comparable situation where a top 7 or 8 QB entering their prime would be put on the market.

Watson is very good, no doubt.

But is he elite?

Is he Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes?

I haven’t seen that. He is talented enough to be in that tier someday and he is still young.

But 3-4 first rounders is fair. Especially if 1 of those teams is the Jets or somebody else with an early pick

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson is very good, no doubt.

But is he elite?

Is he Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes?

I haven’t seen that. He is talented enough to be in that tier someday and he is still young.

But 3-4 first rounders is fair. Especially if 1 of those teams is the Jets or somebody else with an early pick

I can't think of any team that moved on from a Pro Bowl caliber QB in their prime and it working out for the team. I guess the Chargers with Brees and Rivers?

The Texans would need to feel pretty confident that the guy they could grab in the draft could be elite.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of any team that moved on from a Pro Bowl caliber QB in their prime and it working out for the team. I guess the Chargers with Brees and Rivers?

The Texans would need to feel pretty confident that the guy they could grab in the draft could be elite.
and that is why I think we are on the same page....Texans wont move on from him just because he asked. Need to get their price. agree with Lance, though, that 3 first rounders might be plenty, especially if one is high like the Jets. Maybe even 2 if they like Darnold a lot.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd just said that he's heard from an NFL GM that we're not going to believe what's going to happen over the next couple of weeks. Said there are going to be a lot of good players available.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd just said that he's heard from an NFL GM that we're not going to believe what's going to happen over the next couple of weeks. Said there are going to be a lot of good players available.
Cowherd, huh? With him I take it for what it's worth...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd, huh? With him I take it for what it's worth...
True, though probably don't even need an NFL GM to tell us that. This time of year is always wild......add in a reduced cap and teams needing to get below.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 HOF finalists

Rick Adelman, Chris Bosh, Michael Cooper, Paul Pierce, Bill Russell (as a coach), Jay Wright, Yolanda Griffith, Lauren Jackson, Marianne Stanley, Leta Andrews, Tim Hardaway, Marques Johnson, Ben Wallace Chris Webber (fuck meeeechegan!)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, I don’t think it is going to work out for the Texans either way.

You seem somewhat optimistic the relationship can be salvaged. I don’t believe it can.

As for the GM? How many GMs aren’t dead men walking already? When you lead a lousy organization you don’t usually keep those jobs long. The Texans are a lousy organization.

With or without Watson, I think it unlikely he sticks longer than 5 years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I don’t think it is going to work out for the Texans either way.

You seem somewhat optimistic the relationship can be salvaged. I don’t believe it can.

As for the GM? How many GMs aren’t dead men walking already? When you lead a lousy organization you don’t usually keep those jobs long. The Texans are a lousy organization.

With or without Watson, I think it unlikely he sticks longer than 5 years.
I'm not optimistic relationship could be salvaged, but not crazy to think cooler heads could prevail. I mean, right now Watson barely knows HC or Caserio and other than giving JJ Watt what he wants not sure what this regime has done to make him not like them (ownership another story).

I'd be confident to bet even money against any FO exec lasting 5 years. But, yeah, probably would offer odds on Caserio

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not optimistic relationship could be salvaged, but not crazy to think cooler heads could prevail. I mean, right now Watson barely knows HC or Caserio and other than giving JJ Watt what he wants not sure what this regime has done to make him not like them (ownership another story).

I'd be confident to bet even money against any FO exec lasting 5 years. But, yeah, probably would offer odds on Caserio

Watson’s problems aren’t with coach or GM. They are with ownership.

That isn’t likely to change.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson’s problems aren’t with coach or GM. They are with ownership.

That isn’t likely to change.
Unless he decides he really likes the coach or GM...coach more likely if one of the 2.