• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fabulous....but he's not required to show up anywhere for a few more months. So there's that.

and if more than 1 team want him, offers get better. Not worse.

Agree to disagree.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have hard time believing they would give up a 1st for one of those guys + pay them big...I think process is still to build through draft and get a couple big steals in FA. The fact the cap is lower they can benefit teams with money and they can get some discounts...we will see. I do love Lattimore and his extension (if they did extend him) wouldn’t kick in till next year but a lot of guys to pay long-term still too

I don't think the Saints are in a position to ask for a first for Lattimore.

Prob a 2nd. I could see the Browns dealing Njoku for a 3rd to somewhat offset that if they went that route.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them saying they aren't trading him for one. And while covering their ears and screaming "la, la, la, la" would be more entertaining. I'm sure a simple "Not interested" would be more professional.

It may well be that publicly, they aren't listening while privately they are. But the only thing we know for certain is that they say they aren't trading him and aren't listening to offers.

C'mon, I'll bet if you really applied yourself, you could come up with an even more far fetched and dumber hypothetical.
1. Most teams say they are not trading their players when asked...until they trade him.

2. when has Houston ever said they are not listening to offers? In fact, in the article trying to rip them for not listening to offers....they even say they listen to offers. some have said they leave VMs. Because no offer has been accepted does mean they simply delete the message.

3. You said you believe they wont even listen to offers. Mahomes for watson and a 3rd would be an offer. Would they reply to that or not? Doesn't matter if farfetched. Wont reply means wont reply.

Is it really smart to move him quickly for whatever they can get - 6 months before the season starts - and set the precedent of "not happy, just say so and we'll trade you"?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 25 year old top 5 qb in the league isn't your normal trade bait fare

I agree. Like I said, maybe the offers will get better. It's not how it usually works...but this is a fairly unique situation given the caliber and age of the player.

What will be interesting and where I could possibly see it working is that, as I said earlier, as some teams get tired of waiting and the few franchise QB's available start being taken off the market, someone panics and comes in with a huge offer.

I honestly can't think of a time where that is what happened...but I also can't think of a time when a top 5 QB that young has been up for trade.

So I guess we're all going to see what happens. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. You said you believe they wont even listen to offers. Mahomes for watson and a 3rd would be an offer. Would they reply to that or not? Doesn't matter if farfetched. Wont reply means wont reply.

Yeah, I'm done discussing this with you. When you start with the bullshit, farfetched hypotheticals, it means you're going to drag this shit out for days on end and get thread banned again. It's your MO.

So, I'm just gonna save you from yourself and again, say agree to disagree. You'll probably still end up playing it all the way out anyway, but not with me.

Cue up the "I'll always take one for the team" post.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prob a 2nd. I could see the Browns dealing Njoku for a 3rd to somewhat offset that if they went that route.
Njoku does seem like someone the Saints could use as they need a TE. Though not sure they'd be in position to take back his $6 mil salary.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Browns hold onto him unless wowed with an offer. Negatives on him - cannot block nor catch - have become a bit of a fallacy. Became an excellent blocker last season and dropped all of 1 ball. No doubt would be nice if he cut down on the injuries though. If he stays healthy and has a productive year would not surprise me if Hooper would be the one to go with his salary (if one needs to go).

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Njoku does seem like someone the Saints could use as they need a TE. Though not sure they'd be in position to take back his $6 mil salary.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Browns hold onto him unless wowed with an offer. Negatives on him - cannot block nor catch - have become a bit of a fallacy. Became an excellent blocker last season and dropped all of 1 ball. No doubt would be nice if he cut down on the injuries though. If he stays healthy and has a productive year would not surprise me if Hooper would be the one to go with his salary (if one needs to go).

I do think Hooper was a little redundant with also adding Bryant.

As you said if Njoku stayed healthy he could be a productive TE I think

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm done discussing this with you. When you start with the bullshit, farfetched hypotheticals, it means you're going to drag this shit out for days on end and get thread banned again. It's your MO.

So, I'm just gonna save you from yourself and again, say agree to disagree. You'll probably still end up playing it all the way out anyway, but not with me.

Cue up the "I'll always take one for the team" post

better if I said the jets offered Darnold, the #2 pick and 3 more #1s? If they like Darnold they'd not reply? No need to reply as that will be it for me and let me save you from yourself.....again.

Have a good night.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cue up the "I'll always take one for the team" post.

I know you are but what am i

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Hooper was a little redundant with also adding Bryant.

As you said if Njoku stayed healthy he could be a productive TE I think
Have a feeling Bryant was not expected to be added, but figured 4th round not a bad time to take the Mackey Award winner if they figured a value pick. Also allows them to dump the salary of Njoku or Hooper before or after this season if they want. Well, one will go for sure after the season, because either Njoku plays well and wants big money, or does not live up to expectations and they just move on.

Not sure if you are somewhere you can listen but Berry has come on a couple stations here for interviews. I could listen to him all day. Love his approach.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt you'd need to give up a first for either. Not sure Lattimore had the best year and Gilmore not exactly young, I don't think (too lazy to look).
Ohh the Pats would want a 1st for Gilmore...I would think. He was the best CB in the league 2 years ago. Lattimore is still young, yes he is coming off a disappointing season but still a stud. 2nd at worst imo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah to take back a guy like Njoku is likely gone which isnt a big deal. 2nd for Lattimore is fair. 3 or 4 and late round pick for Njoku I definitely see

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh the Pats would want a 1st for Gilmore...I would think. He was the best CB in the league 2 years ago. Lattimore is still young, yes he is coming off a disappointing season but still a stud. 2nd at worst imo

He only has a year left though

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decided to look, and not so young. He's 30. Not exactly sure how his contract works for a team who acquired him. Base is $7 mil, but says total and cap hit around $15 mil. Last year of deal, which also makes compensation less as either need to pay a decling player big bucks or risk losing him. I think you might be able to get him for a 3rd (we have an extra), but who knows?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only has a year left though
I’m sure Lattimore wants an extension but a 2nd sounds about right. He is gonna get paid by a team either way. I’m sure an extension would be part of the negotiations when traded. There aren’t many things more valuable than a young, PB cornerback in this league. Yeah you habe to pay him but still very valuable imo

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure Lattimore wants an extension but a 2nd sounds about right. He is gonna get paid by a team either way. I’m sure an extension would be part of the negotiations when traded. There aren’t many things more valuable than a young, PB cornerback in this league. Yeah you habe to pay him but still very valuable imo

I think he'd be a nice insurance option on Ward (and probably a better corner anyway arguably) considering Wards injury history