• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry had like 4 uncontested 3s that he didn't make shockingly. Klay missed a few easy ones too.

yeah, was kinda thinking the same when I was watching. Cavs D did a decent job, but for the most part Curry and Thompson were MOSTLY getting the looks they normally would. shots just didn't drop for 'em...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really great game last night for the Warriors bench. I agree with most on here that it's going to be really difficult to duplicate what they did again. Couple of random thoughts:

1) Was really surprised the Cavs reverted back pre-playoffs basketball. Not sure what happened but Kyrie and Lebron were just dominating the ball for really long stretches of the game. Maybe they sensed they could steal a game after taking that lead early in the 3rd quarter, and tried to do too much.

2) Thought Lue made a really nice adjustment with TT on Draymond and Love on whoever the Warriors had at center. TT did a really nice job of hedging and disrupting the pick and roll of the Warriors. Didn't allow them to get in a rhythm.

3) The only thing that really worried me about Klay and Steph's night was that Klay was in foul trouble. Last year in the finals he struggled, but he was in foul trouble a lot if I recall. The foul trouble to me is worse than him just shooting bad. We've seen him already in this playoffs go 0-7, then go 7-11 and get hot. He's able to do that, but only if he's in the flow of the game. If he's off the court for long stretches, that usually will kill it for him. Shooting-wise, Klay and Steph do not have a conscience and they could miss their first 10 shots each and I would still expect the next one to go in.

Will be interesting to see what the next moves for both teams will be.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, was kinda thinking the same when I was watching. Cavs D did a decent job, but for the most part Curry and Thompson were MOSTLY getting the looks they normally would. shots just didn't drop for 'em...

It's gotten to the point where when Curry misses and open 3 I am shocked almost like Wade missing an open layup.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with denying klay and steph the ball like that is they're doing it at the expense of giving up a wide open dunk or layup. Which is why this makes steph and klay great players.

yeah at some point you have to hope they miss and play them straight up, if the other role players start getting open and making shots. Even the contested, crazy shots the bench guys were making. Probably the best performance I have seen from that bench.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, in um, MY humble estimation...

this game was an ass-whoopin, and if Klay and Steph were on it'd've been a state-of-the-art ass-whoopin'...

ALSO...once AGAIN in my humble estimation...you simply aren't giving enough credit to the Warriors defense. you don't think there's a REASON the Cavs shot poorly...?

imo NOT a hard game to judge...

The Warriors did play good defense especially in the paint but if you watched the game there was too much isolation and ball domination, it wasn't their offense when they are clicking, just no desire. They also missed a lot of easy layups, a couple, that they should have made. Then you add in the fact when they did get open looks they just weren't falling. Good defense by the Warriors and give them credit but if you watched the Cavs offense of late this was a very bad game. It was like last year when Lebron had to takeover, everyone standing around watching Irving and James in isolation...Lue and James need to get these guys focused. Ball movement and player movement is the huge key.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when the Cavs came back in the 3rd it didn't seem like the game was close or the Cavs were ever in a rhythm offensively. It was hard to watch at times. Then the Warriors bench came in and they went on a huge run.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors did play good defense especially in the paint but if you watched the game there was too much isolation and ball domination, it wasn't their offense when they are clicking, just no desire. They also missed a lot of easy layups, a couple, that they should have made. Then you add in the fact when they did get open looks they just weren't falling. Good defense by the Warriors and give them credit but if you watched the Cavs offense of late this was a very bad game. It was like last year when Lebron had to takeover, everyone standing around watching Irving and James in isolation...Lue and James need to get these guys focused. Ball movement and player movement is the huge key.

Warriors had missed just as much looks at the rim. In the 3rd quarter, Curry missed an easy un-contentested floater. The next possession, Klay missed a layup off a cut to the basket. Point being - Cavs weren't the only ones that missed wide-open looks.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta shake my head at Lebron. He needs to punish the defense when he has smaller guys guarding him. One play that stands out from last night was when he was deep in the paint with Steph guarding him. He easily could have rose up and had a clear look at a bunny. Instead he passes out to Love who misses a 3 pointer.

I'm surprised Frye barely played. He's been a big part of their bench success yet only plays 7 minutes.

Draymond with another face kick :noidea:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors had missed just as much looks at the rim. In the 3rd quarter, Curry missed an easy un-contentested floater. The next possession, Klay missed a layup off a cut to the basket. Point being - Cavs weren't the only ones that missed wide-open looks.

I think both teams have room for improvement, which is scary.

For the Cavs, I think it comes down to better offensive execution. You have no shot at beating the Warriors 4 times out of 7 playing isolation basketball, no matter how talented your team is.

For the Warriors, it comes down to defense and rebounding. If they're able to hold to prevent the role players from getting it going, they have good enough individual defenders to weather the flurries of Lebron, Love and Kyrie. You're not going to be able to stop those guys all the time, but if you limit the second chance points and contest shots, you'll always be in a position to win regardless of how they're shooting that night.

I think everyone believes that every one of the Warriors 73 wins this year came with Steph and Klay shooting the lights out. Many times that was true, but in a lot of instances, it was the Warriors defense that kept them in games and allowed them to pull out wins at the end.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta shake my head at Lebron. He needs to punish the defense when he has smaller guys guarding him. One play that stands out from last night was when he was deep in the paint with Steph guarding him. He easily could have rose up and had a clear look at a bunny. Instead he passes out to Love who misses a 3 pointer.

I'm surprised Frye barely played. He's been a big part of their bench success yet only plays 7 minutes.

Draymond with another face kick :noidea:

I agree, he needs to be in more of the mode of last years' Finals. Attack at will. I guess bc Frye isn't a great rebounder or defender, maybe a matchup issue idk.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohh no doubt, in every game both teams miss easy looks it is reality. I just think there were opportunities at key moments where they didn't execute plays or shots that could have been made and wasted opportunities...well what is new uggh :L

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh no doubt, in every game both teams miss easy looks it is reality. I just think there were opportunities at key moments where they didn't execute plays or shots that could have been made and wasted opportunities...well what is new uggh :L

Agreed. Cavs are not out of the series by any means. I'm just highlighting the concern that should be on their minds. Cavs win game 2 and it's a different narrative. Problem is, how often are you going to catch an opportunity to win in Oakland like last night?

And I mentioned it before - you have the best player in this series as well as our generation. You still are very much in the series. Problem is, Golden St. is a historic team. Long series ahead.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really hard to not root for the Warriors even if they are the heavy favorite and they do high kicks in people's junk. Its a team of players and not just a bunch of Free Agents colluding together and trying to make something work.

Status
Not open for further replies.