• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should win the series? I agree. Could win the series though? Plenty of unbiased fans (not me, I'm very biased) think they can... even now.

Of course COULD.
I (which means nothing) said 35% chance.

I think we all agree(?) that Cavs HAVE to win Sunday or they are toast.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course COULD.

I think most people agree Cavs need game 2... and I won't strongly disagree. I think it would really hurt their overall chances and completely remove all margin for error... but I think the Cavs would be fully capable of winning 2 home games and getting back into the series.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course COULD.

ain't THAT the truth...?

the Cavs drop Sunday's contest and in MY estimation this series is DONE-zo...and NO amount of spins will convince anyone otherwise...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure @gordontrue will call this an "overreaction" but here's my take anyway.

In order to win the series, the Cavs have to win at least 1 game on the Warriors floor. Last night, Klay and Steph scored 20 points on 8 for 27 shooting. That was a great opportunity for the Cavs to take game 1 and get that needed road win out of the way. As well as put a tremendous amount of pressure on the Warriors. Instead, they lost by 15 because the Warriors bench stepped up big time.

Are we likely to see the Warriors bench play that well again? No. But we are also not likely to see Steph and Klay play that badly again, especially at home, so it kind of evens out and doesn't speak well for the Cavs chances.

Having said the above, this series is far from over and if the poor showing by Steph and Klay was more about the Cavs defense than about them just having an off game, the Cavs can come back and win the series.

My guess is though, the Warriors end up winning the series and the Cavs end up looking back at game 1 as a missed opportunity.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course COULD.

Yeah Sunday is a MUST win game for the Cavs.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness... no one actually thinks that was intentional, right?

Didn't look intentional to me. He was swiping at the ball and ended up hitting the wrong ball. :heh:

I see it as similar to when a guy tries to block a shot, misses the ball and hits the offensive player in the head. However, Delly has that reputation for being borderline dirty, so there's going to be some question as to whether or not it was intentional.

Interesting that it was Delly on Green because they both have that reputation. Had that situation been reversed, the same questions would be asked.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure @gordontrue will call this an "overreaction" but here's my take anyway.

In order to win the series, the Cavs have to win at least 1 game on the Warriors floor. Last night, Klay and Steph scored 20 points on 8 for 27 shooting. That was a great opportunity for the Cavs to take game 1 and get that needed road win out of the way. As well as put a tremendous amount of pressure on the Warriors. Instead, they lost by 15 because the Warriors bench stepped up big time.

Are we likely to see the Warriors bench play that well again? No. But we are also not likely to see Steph and Klay play that badly again, especially at home, so it kind of evens out and doesn't speak well for the Cavs chances.

Having said the above, this series is far from over and if the poor showing by Steph and Klay was more about the Cavs defense than about them just having an off game, the Cavs can come back and win the series.

My guess is though, the Warriors end up winning the series and the Cavs end up looking back at game 1 as a missed opportunity.

What an overreaction!!

Just kidding, I actually agree with everything you said.

The overreactions I was referring to were declarations that the series is over. You specifically point out that it is far from over.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't look intentional to me. He was swiping at the ball and ended up hitting the wrong ball. :heh:

I see it as similar to when a guy tries to block a shot, misses the ball and hits the offensive player in the head. However, Delly has that reputation for being borderline dirty, so there's going to be some question as to whether or not it was intentional.

Interesting that it was Delly on Green because they both have that reputation. Had that situation been reversed, the same questions would be asked.

was on Iggy actually...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree... if you watch... Iggy picked up his dribble and brought the ball up to his chest at the same moment that Delly went to give the foul. Delly's hand would have likely hit him in the arm if he kept dribbling.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an overreaction!!

Just kidding, I actually agree with everything you said.

The overreactions I was referring to were declarations that the series is over. You specifically point out that it is far from over.

Yeah, just had to get a little jab in at ya. All in good fun. :lol:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun Livingston for Finals MVP.

I don't know if people remember this....

The last time Cleveland played in Oracle was Christmas day. Curry & Klay were also uncharacteristically bad in that game. The dubs offense as a whole was missing. Livingston went 8/9 from the field.

No coincidence, can't shut everyone down.

Status
Not open for further replies.